I purchased the license server. How can I install and configure the license server?
Allplan is using since version 2016 a new protection system. Licensing is based on CodeMeter by Wibu Systems AG since then. You can no longer use NemSLock Server with Allplan 2016 and higher.
Allplan requires a Product Key. Using this key, you can activate your license online. The Product Key is a unique, 26-digit character string. You can use it to activate a license for Allplan.
You can find your Product Key in Allplan Connect. Go to http://connect.allplan.com/license
Note: The license is downwards compatible til version Allplan 2016-1-4 even if a higher version is displayed.
To install the license server, download the software for the license server from Allplan Connect
or from our FTP server:
The Wibu license server is part of the CodeMeter driver, which is installed along with Allplan. If you have already installed Allplan on the license server, you do not have to install additional software. But you can also install the license server separately; you do not have to install Allplan.
In any case, install and activate the license server before you install Allplan on the clients.
You can activate a license in online mode only if you have ...
- Internet access
- a Product Key
- a license server license; you cannot use other licenses with the license server.
Installing the license server
- You must install the license server on a 64-bit Windows system.
- Start License Server Setup on the computer you want to use as the license server.
- Click Install.
- Start the license server by starting the License Settings program. Go to the License activation area, enter your Product Key and click Activate license.
- If you have more licenses for the license server, enter the respective Product Keys and activate the licenses.
- Afterwards, start CodeMeter Control Center.
To do this, use the Windows start menu and select CodeMeter -> CodeMeter Control Center. As an alternative, open Search by clicking the Search button on the Start screen: enter Codemeter and press ENTER. A dialog box opens. Click WebAdmin at bottom right.
Enter Localhost:22350in the address bar of your browser.
- Select Configuration -> Server -> Access server in the Network server area and click Activate.
- Click Apply.
Configuring the license server (optional)
You can use the CodeMeter WebAdmin application to administer the license server.
To start and stop the license server service, you can use CodeMeter Control Center.
- CodeMeter Control Center -> Action -> Start or Stop CodeMeter Service
By default, all users on the LAN, who have installed the CodeMeter driver, can use a license from the license server.
- Basic access control: you can enter a list of client computer names or IP addresses that are allowed to access the license server.
- Advanced access control: you can specify global access rules (for all licenses) to control access to the licenses.
To activate license tracking, you have to set the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WIBU-SYSTEMS\CodeMeter\Server\CurrentVersion\LogLicenseTracking registry entry to 1 and restart CodeMeter Service.
After having activated this key, you can use CodeMeter WebAdmin to create a report showing details about the licenses used over a specific period of time. To do this, open CodeMeter WebAdmin and go to the 'Server' - 'License Tracking' page. Select the period of time and the license for which you want to generate a report. Then click 'Create report'. If you click a single bar, you will get detailed analyses per day or per hour.
CodeMeter WebAdmin saves the reports to C:\ProgramData\CodeMeter\Logs.
Installing and configuring clients
Note for Version 2016: Install at least Allplan 2016-1-4 on the clients.
The license server license will be detected automatically on the network.
Install Allplan on the clients. When you are prompted to select the license file, click Use active license. Follow the installation instructions.
- You do not need to activatethe clients.
Allplan automatically finds the license server on the local network. If you have not selected a license, Allplan automatically selects the first available license.
After having installed Allplan on the clients, you can use the 'License Settings' dialog boxto configure license selection.
Services application -> Utilities -> License settings
- License activation: this area is not relevant to clients taking their license from the license server.
- License selection: use this section if you get the license from a license server or if you have several licenses and you want to select the preferred license.
- Start as a viewer: click this button if you want to start Allplan as a viewer.
You can see the names of the available licenses with their seat numbers.
The 'Available' column indicates how many licenses are still available. Click the dropdown arrow to see a list of users currently working with a license.
Select the check box in front of a license to select this license as a favorite. You can mark as many licenses as you want. Allplan will then prefer these licenses. Click to select one ore more licenses Allplan is not to use. If you do not select any license or if you have selected several favorites, Allplan will automatically use the first free license it finds.
Find license server automatically:
When you select this option, Allplan automatically detects a license server on the LAN. In some cases, such as VPN connections, Allplan may not be able to detect a server automatically. In this case, you can enter the server manually (see Additional server name).
Note: Only the Windows administrator can change this option.
Additional server name:
If 'Find license server automatically' is not active or Allplan has not automatically found a license server, you can manually enter the name or the IP address of the server. If 'Find license server automatically' is active, you can enter an additional server. After having entered the server name, click 'Update' to see the licenses of the license server. Use semicolons to separate several server names.
You can find detailed information on the license server in the License Settings help (F1 key).
Allplan communicates with the license server via TCP/IP. By default, communication is via Port 22350 unless you change the port in CodeMeter WebAdmin.
If a firewall is active on your computer, you must enable port 22350 for TCP and UDP. If the firewall filters in an application-specific manner, you have to enable the CodeMeter.exe license server service. You can find this service in the %Program Files (x86)%\CodeMeter\Runtime\bin Windows folder. Define the CodeMeter.exe service as an exception in the firewall. Some anti-virus programs also include firewall functions. If you are not sure, contact the manufacturer of the anti-virus program.
How can I permanently change the path settings presented for selection in specific tools (save, import)?
When you save, import and export elements or files, Allplan automatically proposes a specific folder where the data is saved or taken from.
You can specify which Allplan file type is saved in which folder. These folders are automatically presented in the "Save" dialog box of the relevant file type. However, you can change them at any time.
To set this proposed folder on an individual basis, do the following:
Select the Tools menu ->Options... -> Desktop environment(Allplan 2009 and earlier: Tools -> Options... -> Global Options-> "Settings"tab).
You can click thePAah setting sbutton to the right of Folders for savingto define defaults. You can choose Project, Private, Custom or Last for the path setting:
- Project: the file type is saved in the current project (not available for NDW and NPL files).
- Private: the file type is saved in the user's private project.
- Custom: you can specify any folder for the file type. To select the folder, click the path displayed in the Folder column and enter a new path or click ... in the Browse column and select the path in a dialog box.
- Last: the file type is saved in the path you selected last.
How can I update cross-section catalogs or install country-specific cross-section catalogs in Allplan 2011 and later?
To install and save cross-section catalogs in Allplan 2011 and later, select Tools -> Defaults -> Cross-Section Catalogs. A dialog box opens. You can find a folder symbol and a disk symbol at bottom left.
To install cross-section catalogs, use the folder symbol. Another dialog opens, where you can select the cross-section catalog file you want to install. Select the file to be installed and click "Open" to confirm. This installs the corresponding cross-section catalog, which you can now use in Allplan.
To install country-specific cross-section catalogs, select the "Ing" folder, which was created when you installed Allplan. You can find it in the Allplan installation path (e.g., c:\Nemetschek\Allplan 201x\New\Ing - more information on the Allplan installation path is provided below in the "Notes" section).
This folder includes the country-specify cross-section catalog files.
To save a custom cross-section catalog, use the disk symbol. Another dialog opens, where you can select any folder to save the cross-section catalogs currently used in Allplan.
To update cross-section catalogs, you may need administrator privileges. If necessary, log on as an administrator before you start the update.
To use the cross-section catalogs for a specific project only, set the path settings for the cross-section catalogs of this project to project before you install the cross-section catalogs. In Allplan, open the "File" menu and select "Open Project..." Click the corresponding project with the right mouse button. Select "Properties". A dialog box opens. In the "Path settings" area, set the "Bar and mesh cross-section catalogs" to "Project".
To determine the path where Allplan is installed, use the Services application and select Service -> Hotline Tools-> showcfg. The Services application window shows the path of the Allplan installation folder.
The following abbreviations are used for the country-specific cross-section catalogs in the file names (axyzqusr.txt):
tch Czech Republic
How can I make several projects available to users when Workgroup Manager is installed?
You can make several projects available to a user or define a user as the project owner of several projects.
Do the following:
First, log in as the Allplan administrator.
If necessary, set up an Allplan user for the new Windows user: Services application -> Workgroup Manager -> Configuration -> Add a user
(Allplan 2014 and later:Services application -> Workgroup Manager ->Administer users)
Start Allplan and then ProjectPilot by clicking
File -> ProjectPilot
Open the Projects folder in the area on the left.
You can see all the projects in the Contents of "Projects" area on the right.
a. Making several projects available to users:
In the area on the right, select the projects to which you want to add users or from which you want to remove users (CTRL or SHIFT key or use a selection rectangle).
Click one of the selected projects with the mouse button. On the shortcut menu, click
Add / remove authorized users...
The Add / Remove Authorized Usersdialog box opens.
Select the users you want to add to or remove from the selected projects.
The user list displayed only helps you select users. It does not list all the authorized users currently assigned to projects.
Click Addor Remove.
This adds or removes the selected users to or from the selected projects. Whether users you have already added to a project are added again is irrelevant. The same applies if you remove users you have never added to a project.
b. Defining a project owner for several projects
In the area on the right, select the projects for which you want to define the owner (CTRL or SHIFT key).
Click one of the selected projects with the mouse button. On the shortcut menu, click
Change project owner...
The Define Owner dialog box opens.
Select the user you want to define as the owner of the selected projects.
Note: The user list displayed helps you select users. You can define only one user as the owner.
c. Defining a project owner for a project or making a project available to several users(also applies to earlier versions):
In ProjectPilot in the area on the right, click the relevant project with the right mouse button. On the shortcut menu, click Properties.
The Properties for <project name>dialog box opens. Switch to the Security tab and define the owner and the authorized users.
You can add or remove project users or define the project owner only if the projects in question are in the current Allplan format.
You have installed Allplan on several local workstations. Now you want to change the installation so that you can access a common network drive.
Before you switch to a network installation, it is essential that you back up all the data of all the workstations.
We strongly recommend that you take advantage of the expertise of Nemetschek’s technical support staff. We are happy to help you!
The following description shows how to change several workstations where Allplan is installed locally and the project data is also stored locally on each computer to workstations with a common network drive without Workgroup Manager.
1st - getting ready
Choose one of the workstations where you will install all the projects and the office standard (hereinafter referred to as the main workstation).
First, move all the projects to the main workstation.
1.a: copying resources into projects
To make sure that the projects in your office have a uniform appearance, change the path settings for the projects' resources to 'Project'.
Make the following setting for each project:
Allplan -> File menu -> ProjectPilot - Admin -> select the individual projects one after the other -> right mouse button -> Properties -> Settings tab
Set the path settings for 'Pen and line definitions', 'Fonts', 'Patterns, hatching styles, area styles', 'Bar and mesh cross-section catalogs', 'Layer structures, line styles, drawing types' and 'Attributes proposed' from 'Office' to 'Project', if necessary.
The corresponding elements are copied from the office standard directly to the project. This ensures that the project settings stay the same even when you copy the project to the new server with the new office standard.
1.b: same folder name as project name
Open the 'General' tab and select the 'Same folder name as project name' setting if you want to proceed as described in 2b.
1.c: pen color ("Color stands for pen")
The pen color for the "Color stands for pen" setting is a user-specific setting that is not saved in the project but in the user folder (...\Usr).
2.a: backing up projects of the individual workstations and importing them to the main workstation (recommended method):
Back up the individual projects. To do this, open the Services application and select Data Backup -> Create -> Entire folders -> Projects.
You can back up several projects in a single operation.
Before you start, specify the backup folder on the network or on the local hard disk: Services application -> Configuration -> Backup path ->Browse for Folder.
The next step is to import the saved projects to the main workstation.To do this, open theServices application -> Data Backup -> Import -> Projects Before you import the individual projects, you can create new Allplan projects at the main computer. As an alternative, you can also create a new project during the import.
2.b: backing up projects of the individual workstations and importing them to the main workstation (special approach):
This approach should only be used with good reason for exceptional cases as it requires in-depth knowledge of Windows.
With this method, Windows Explorer is used to import the projects to the main workstation.
If some project names exist twice, you need to rename these projects before you back them up.
You can then rename the existing 'project.dat' file in the Prj folder of the main workstation.
Next, select the Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> reorg -> Restore project management file.
The system creates a new project administration file (project.dat), which should list all projects with names.
Now the main workstation contains the latest version of all the projects of the office.
3rd - merging project defaults
Open ProjectPilot at the individual workstations and copy the elements you want to transfer (symbols, smart symbols, lists, schedules, and so on) to the external path. Of course, you can set the external path to a common network folder that can be accessed by all workstations.
Next, open ProjectPilot at the main workstation and copy the contents of the external path to the office standard.
4th - data backup
- Back up the projects, office standard and user settings at the main workstation:
You can also copy the ..\prj (projects), ..\std (office standard) and ..\usr (user folder) paths to a backup folder (Nemsic, for example) on the hard disk.
- In addition, you need to back up the ..\usr\local folder at every stand-alone computer.
- Export the user interface setting of each user to a file: Allplan -> Tools - > Customize .... -> Export...
5th - uninstalling
Remove Allplan from all workstations.
6th - reinstalling
Before you install the same version again, create and share a folder (Nemdata, for example) on the future data server. Create a subfolder - Allplan - in this folder.
The next step is to reinstall the same version on all the workstations.
Specify the following installation paths:
local (C:\Programs\Nemetschek\Allplan, for example)
Central file storage folder:
Browse -> Network...
Find the sharedNemdata folder and select the Allplan folder.
After this, start installing.
7th - testing the start and restoring the backup
After the installation (check whether Allplan starts), copy the ..\prj and ..\std folders you backed up from the main workstation to the new ...\Nemdata\Allplan server folder.
Next, use Windows Explorer to copy the contents of the former user folder (…\usr\local) of the stand-alone workstation to the new user folder of the computer you just installed.
8th - updating the project administration file
Go to the project.datfile in the ...\Nemdata\Allplan\Prjfolder and rename itproject.alt.After this, do the following:
Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> reorg -> Restore project management file.
9th - summary
Now all the workstations access a common network drive with the same project pool and office standard.
With this type of installation, only one user can access a project at any one time. If several users are to work on a project at the same time, you need to install Workgroup Manager.
How to install and run NemSLock Server?
Before installing, check whether the package you received includes the following items:
- Temporary licenses for NemSLock Server, e.g. 1234567a_001_psd.nslsrv
- Temporary licenses for clients, e.g. 1234567a_001_psd_client.nslock
How to install NemSLock Server
- Start the Setup program for NemSLock Server. You can find the latest Setup program on our FTP server:
- Select one of the temporary license files for NemSLock Server. These licenses are valid for 30 days. However, each license includes only one seat of each configuration purchased. The full number of seats purchased will be available to you as soon as you have installed the registered licenses (see below). If you purchased a configuration for one seat only, you will, of course, receive only one temporary license.
- When you opt for the “Custom” setup type, you can choose between the following program features:
You can use this program to administer NemSLock Server. You can also install the console on more workstations so that you can administer the server from a number of different locations. However, you can only connect one console to the server at any one time.
The actual license server.
This tool analyzes the log files of NemSLock Server.
By default, Setup installs all these features.
If you have several temporary licenses for NemSLock Server, use the server console to install the remaining licenses after the installation. The procedure is described in the section "How to install licenses".
How to register licenses
- Open NemSLock 2006 Server Console by clicking the corresponding icon on the desktop or by selecting Start -> All Programs -> NemSLock 2006 Server -> NemSLock 2006 Server Console.
- Click "Modules" on the left.
- Select the seat you want to register. If your license includes configurations for several seats, you must send a separate registration request for each seat. You will then receive a registered license file for each seat. You must install each file.
- Click the "Registration request (register.txt)" button.
- Click "Edit".
- You must fill out all fields marked with an asterisk (*). Make sure you enter your email address correctly, because the registered license file will be sent to this address (and not to the address of the person who sent the registration request!). Click OK to confirm.
- Click "Create registration request". Windows Explorer opens and shows the register.txt file. If this window is closed, you can find this file in the program folder of NemSLock Server. If you installed the program to the path proposed, the path is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Nemetschek\NemSLock Server 2006\Programs\License
- Now you can use all the options provided by Windows Explorer to copy the registration file to a computer with Internet access on the network. Alternatively, you can also use an USB stick. You can then email this file to us.
- Send the email with the registration request to email@example.com
How to install licenses
- Open NemSLock 2006 Server Console.
- Click "Stop server" on the left.
- Click "Modules" on the left.
- Click "Browse" to navigate to the registered license file.
- Click "Install license file".
- After this, you can start the server again by clicking "Start server".
How to set up users (optional)
- predefined user ALLis created automatically. If there is no other user, each user is given the privileges of the user ALL. By default, this user can use all licenses but cannot check out any licenses. By double-clicking the user, you can change the user's privileges.
- predefined user ALLallows all users to use licenses. In order to do this, the users must be able to access the server. You do not need to create individual user profiles until you want to assign specific rights to individual users or limit access to selected users. predefined user ALL. If you want to work only with individual users, you should deactivate the predefined user ALL by revoking the user's right to use licenses.
- predefined user ALL has administrator privileges unless another user is created and appointed as the administrator. As soon as you have appointed an administrator, ALL no longer has administrator privileges.
- You can enter users in the “Users.mcf” file. predefined user ALL has administrator privileges again. In addition, each user can once again administer the license server using the console.
- The administrator user is not a special user. If there are several administrator users, only one administrator user can start the console for this license server at any one time.
- If you are setting up users without giving administrator privileges to anyone, the program will ask you whether you want to appoint yourself as the administrator.
You can also specify a domain (user authentication for Windows server). However, this is not mandatory. If you do not specify a domain, the program uses the Windows user name for each user.
The program writes the user accounts and the associated access rights as ASCII text to the users.mcf file.
You can find this file in the \Programs folder of the NemSLock Server installation. You cannot rename, delete or move this file. If the program can no longer connect to this file, you must exit NemSLock Server, restart it and enter all users again from scratch. predefined user ALLis retained.
Experienced administrators can use the PowerShell script NemGenUsers.ps1. This file is in the \Programs folder of the NemSLock Server installation or you can find it as an FAQ in Allplan Connect:
How to install and configure clients
- Use one of the nslock license files you received to install the clients. Do not use the trial license or the license server license. It is irrelevant which of the client licenses you use, as the actual license will come from the license server later.
- You do not need to register the clients.
- When switching from Hardlock to NemSLock (server), you need to update the client using a nslock license file.
After having installed the client, you need to switch to the license server:
- Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek SoftLock 2006 -> License Manager
- If the license server window is not visible, select "Configure NemSLock Server" at the bottom. Lock this window. All you need to do is click the drawing pin icon.
- Enter the computer name or IP address of the license server in the empty box. Then click the "Update” icon to the right.
- Now the user can select one of the seats provided.
- After having successfully connected to the license server, clear the check boxes for the trial licenses in the area at the top.
- Click "Close" to complete the configuration. Now you can start Allplan.
- If a user selects several configurations for a seat and starts Allplan, the license server will provide the required licenses; in other words, starting Allplan once might require two licenses. Consequently, fewer licenses are available to other users.
- 2014-1 and later: If the latest version of License Manager is installed (file version 1. 0. 26. 153 or later, see License Manager- Options- System), you can also select several licenses. If one of the selected licenses is currently being used by someone else, the program will automatically select the next available license.
- Clients communicate with the server by TCP/IP via port 10977. So you need to configure the firewall accordingly.
- The license server and the licenses are downward compatible; they can be used in conjunction with older Allplan versions.
I have installed Allplan using the temporary Softlock license ("customer#_seat_psd.nslock") and "Trial" is displayed for its status in the License Manager.
How can I register this license?
You use License Manager to create a registration request and send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In response, you get a final license file. Installing this license removes the lime limit.
Below is a description of the necessary steps.
- Using the temporary license, you can start Allplan as a trial version. You can work with Allplan without any restrictions for 30 days.
After expiration of this period, Allplan starts as a viewer only. However, you can still request and install the final license.
- When running Windows Vista, start Nemetschek License Manager as the administrator:
Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek SoftLock 2006 -> License Manager
Click "License Manager" with the right mouse button and choose "Run as administrator" on the shortcut menu.
How to proceed:
1. Request a license registered for your computer
- On the Windows taskbar, click Start - (All) Programs - Nemetschek - Nemetschek Softlock 2006 - License Manager(or Services application -> Utilities -> License -> License Manager (NemSLock)).
When running Windows Vista, start License Manager as the system administrator: click Start - (All) Programs - Nemetschek - Nemetschek Softlock 2006 - License Manager.
Click License Managerwith the right mouse button. On the shortcut menu, click Run as administrator.
- Select the seat you want to register so that it is highlighted in blue.
Note:You can only register seats you have purchased. If you can see only seats with numbers between 90 and 99 (= trial licenses for temporary use), you first need to install the personal license for temporary use.
- Click License requestat top left.
The License Request Wizardstarts. The Welcome to the license request wizarddialog box provides information on the steps that follow.
- Click Next >.
The Customer detailsdialog box opens.
Note: Editing customer details requires administrator privileges. If you do not have these privileges, you will see a corresponding message. Cancel NemSLock License Manager and start again by selecting the Run as administrator option on the shortcut menu.
- Enter the necessary details:
- If the Client IDhas eight zeros (00000000) and the CD Keyhas eight capital F's (FFFFFFFF), you selected the Trial license for temporary useoption when you installed Allplan.
In this case, install the personal license for temporary use before you create the registration request.
- If Client IDand CD Keydo not match the numbers printed on your delivery note (for example, typing errors, small letters and capital letters mixed up), you can enter Client ID and CD Key manually.
- Fill out all the fields.
Make sure you enter your email address correctly, because registered licenses and replies to status queries of license will be sent to the address you specify here.
Note:Check the entries for Client ID(customer number) and CD Key , making sure these numbers are the same as those printed on the delivery note you received from Allplan. The CD Keyusually consists of the numbers 0 to 9 and the capital letters A to F.
Tip: You can also find these numbers in the personal license file for temporary use (*_psd.nslock). Open the license file in an editor and scroll down to the end of the file. You can then copy the license codes displayed after CUSTOMERand CDKEYto the Clipboard and paste them into the appropriate boxes.
- Click Next >.
- Select the Program, Versionand Seatand click Next >.
Note: If the Client IDis invalid (for example, when you use a trial license) you cannot confirm the dialog box by clicking OK. Instead, you will see a corresponding message.
- Specify how to send the registration file and click Next >.
Start email program ...
The program creates and saves the register.txt file before it opens your default email program. The program automatically attaches the registration file to the email and enters register (please no spam) @ (please no spam) nemetschek.defor the address.
Save the registration file ...
The program creates and saves the register.txt file before it opens the folder with the registration file in Windows Explorer. Now you can use all the options provided by Windows Explorer: for example, you can attach the file to an email, copy it to a computer with Internet access and so on.
In addition, you can see the data that were written to the registration file.
- Click Finish.
- Click Close to exit NemSLock License Manager.
You will receive a reply by email within a few minutes. This email provides information on the registration process and usually includes the registered license file.
Note: The registered license file is generated by an automated system. Consequently, any additional comments in incoming emails are not read. If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Allplan directly.
2. Install the license file
Shortly after you sent the registration request to 'email@example.com' as described in step 1, the final license file will be sent to the email address you specified in the registration request.
Install this license file as follows:
- Save the license file to any folder on the hard disk.
If the license comes as a zip file, extract it.
- Next, install the license file by double-clicking it ("customer#_seat.nslock").
Confirm the dialog box.
- As an alternative, you can also use License Manager to install the license file (Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek SoftLock 2006 -> License Manager).
Click "Install - Install license" at top left in Nemetschek SoftLock License Manager and select the license by clicking "Browse...".
Click "Finish" to complete the installation process.
Do not use the same computer to register several license files for different seats. This would connect the seats. You cannot separate the seats again without the help of technical support.
How can I borrow a license for a client temporarily from the license server?
Hotfix 2016-1-4 enables you to temporarily borrow (import) licenses from the license server.
If you want to use this function, note the following points:
Borrowing licensesrequires the following steps. Make sure you do not change the order of these steps. Otherwise, you cannot borrow licenses.
- Install Allplan 2016-1-4on the client.
- Go to the server and update the software for the license server to 2016-1-4(Build-ID 1.614.x.x ).
- Go to the license server and update the licenses.
You can find a detailed description of each step in the following section.
1. Install Allplan 2016-1-4
Make sure all clients are equipped with Allplan 2016-1-4 or later.
If this is not so, install a full update or a hotfix. You can do this manually or use auto-update.
You can find more information in Allplan Connect:
To install manually
Download the current hotfix(es) manually. To do this, log in to Allplan Connect https://connect.allplan.com/de/support/downloads.htmlad go to Support - Downloads - Latest Hotfixes.
You can also download the hotfixes from our FTP server.
To access our FTP server, you require a current Windows operating system. Do the following:
Enter the following address in Windows Explorer (do not use Internet Explorer!):
You can find the hotfixes in this folder: /download/Allplan/2016/Hotfix/
2. Update the license server 2016-1-4(Build-ID 1.614.x.x )
Not only Allplan but also the license server requires the new version. Check the version of the license server. You can find detailed information on the version (Build-ID) at bottom left in the License Settingsprogram.
Make sure the version of the license server you use is at least 1.614.x.x. If you cannot see the Build-ID, you work with an older license server.
If this is so, update the license server. Download the software for the license server from Allplan Connect or from our FTP server:
Start the new License Server Setupon the server or computer you use as the license server. Right-click the *.exe file and select 'Run as administrator' on the shortcut menu.
- Click Install.
- Click Exit.
If you have not worked with the license server before or if you have not switched to Allplan 2016 until now, you can find detailed information in Allplan Connect:
3. Update the licenses
You must update your license before you can use this new function for borrowing licenses.
To update a license on the license server
- Start the License Settingsprogram on the server.
- Click License activationon the left. Then click the license you want to update so that this license is highlighted in blue.
- As you can see, the 'Update license' function is now available.
- Click Update license.
- If your license includes configurations for several seats, you must update each license separately.
To borrow a license, do the following:
You cannot borrow licenses on the license server. You can do this only at the clients.
You can only borrow and return a license if the client is connected with the license server.
Computers that are not on the company network must use a VPN connection to access the server.
At the client:
- Open the 'License settings' dialog box: Services application -> Utilities -> License settings.
- Click License selectionon the left. Then click the license you want to borrow so that this license is highlighted in blue.
- If this license is a license of the license server, the Todaybutton in the 'Borrow license for:' area is no longer grayed out.
- This button always shows the preset period of time. The default setting is Today.This button is divided into two parts. If you want to change the period of time, click the arrownext to Today. You can now choose from various options.
Note: When you select 'Today', the license will be available again for all Allplan users on the server tomorrow.
When you select a number of days, borrowing will always be valid for 24 hours. For example, you borrow a license for 1 day and borrowing starts at 3 o'clock in the afternoon, the license will not be available on the server until 3 o'clock in the afternoon.
- Click Today(selected period of time) to borrow the license immediately.
You can immediately see the borrowed license in the license selection below your computer name. Click the blue information button to get details about this license. For example, you can see when the borrowed license will automatically be returned to the server.
- If you want to return the license to the server before the time period expires, click the license again so that it is highlighted in blue. The Return licensebutton is now available. Click Return licenseto immediately return the selected license to the server.