Why can’t I see anything in a project or why are elements missing from drawing files?
Why are layers not visible?
Why is it not possible to select a privilege set in layer selection?
Probably, you have not yet been assigned any privilege sets or the layers are frozen in the privilege set in question. First, check whether you can select another privilege set.
1. Selecting another privilege set
To do this, select the project in question and open the layer settings(Format -> Select, Set Layers). Go to the “Privilege set in list box” area at the top on the right and check whether you can select another privilege set (for example, ALLPLAN).
By default, all layers have full access rights in the predefined ALLPLAN privilege set.
If there is no privilege set with full access rights, you should assign the privilege sets correctly.
This can only be done by a user with administrator privilegesor, in the case of a project-specific layer structure, by the project owner.
Thus, log on as a user with administrator privileges and do the following:
2. Assigning a privilege set
Select the project with the frozen layers.
Open the layer settings(Format -> Select, Set Layers). Switch to the "Privilege Set" tab and click Define, modify privilege set.
Select the relevant user and assign the privilege set using the arrows.
Click OKto confirm.
3. Adjusting layers’ access rights in the privilege set
Finally, check the access rights of the layers in the privilege set assigned.
Go to the "Privilege set in list box" area at the top on the right and select the relevant privilege set (for example, ALLPLAN).
Check the area on the left to see whether there are frozen layers (gray or white). To change this, select these layers or simply select all layers using CTRL+A. Then click the Full access right (modifiable)icon in the “Change rights” area.
Click OKto confirm.
The next time you open this project, you can select this privilege set in the layer settings. You can then see all layers and set them to modifiable.
Do the same with print sets.
Since version 2006, the administrator has been able to select Show all users all print sets and privilege setsin the “Administrator options” group on the “Privilege Set” tab (“Design group” in version 2006). Thus, you do not need to assign new users to privilege sets. This option applies to all projects.
However, as soon as a user has been given a privilege set or print set, this option no longer applies to this user.
As a project can have its own layer structure, it is essential that you check the privilege set in the correct project.
To find out whether a project has its own layer structure, click
File -> New Project, Open Project-> right-click the relevant project -> Properties. Check whether the path settings for Layerstructuresare set to Officeor Project.
During installation I get an error message saying that SetupSchedTaks.exe does not work anymore.
When I try to start Allplan or the Services application, the following message appears:
The program cannot start; api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing.
This problem is caused by missing DLl files, which are required by Allplan. These DLL files usually come with the operating system. You will only see these messages if the operating system is not up-to-date. These messages are not caused by Allplan.
Instead, this problem is caused by the KB2999226 or KB2918614 (Universal CRT) Windows updates, which contain parts of Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. Sometimes you cannot install these updates or they are defective.
If you have not yet installed these updates, install them now. In addition, install all available updates.
If you have already installed these two updates, try to install them again.
If the operating system is configured to automatically install Windows updates, some clients report errors during installation of the KB2918614 or KB29992226 package. These errors are caused by Windows, which blocks installation of files of the Visual Redistributable 2015 package. In this case, you must uninstall or delete the updates. After this, try to install the updates again.
If you cannot install the updates, do the following:
1. Deactivate automatic updates
2. Start -> Control Panel -> Windows Update -> change the settings -> never check for updates
3. Restart the computer
4. Download and install missing updates
5. Activate automatic Windows updates again
If you still cannot install the updates, run Windows diagnostics to check your system for update problems.
You can also install the updates manually. Use the following links:
Try this if you still cannot install the updates:
Regarding this error message, we cannot fix anything on the part of Allplan. These DLL files, which are required by Allplan, are an integral part of the Windows operating system.
How can I switch Allplan from German to English?
Allplan 2018 is the first version to include English in the license by default.
This means that by installing Allplan 2018, you automatically install the English version too.
As a result, you can switch languages using the Services application.
Important! This switch only applies to the program itself.
The content of the defaults (standards and country-specific content) does not change and is still in German.
Before starting Allplan, you can select the language using the Services application.
To do this, select Configuration -> Language. ‘Current setting’ shows the language currently selected.
Select the required language in the area at the bottom, that is, English.
A German default license only includes German and English.
Allplan now starts in English.
If English is not included in the Services application, you can install this language (or other languages you purchased) at any time.
All you need to do is download the current installation package of the version you use. You can find this package at www.connect.allplan.com
During installation, select Update installationand Use active license.
Select Customfor the Setup type.
When it comes to selecting Features, select the required language(s) in the ‘Language packages’ area.
This area lists the languages included in your license.
Do not change the other settings and click ‘Next’ to confirm the following dialog boxes.
After installation, start the Services application-> Configuration -> Language. Select the required language.
What are the reasons why I cannot modify the format properties (pen thickness, color, ...) of elements in a DWG/DXF file I have just imported?
There are four reasons why these elements cannot be modified.
1st -the elements are smart symbols:
- To retain the smart symbols but still be able to modify the elements, select Modify -> Bonus Tools -> Smart Symbols -> Modify Smart Symbol(until V2006: Modify -> Bonus Tools -> Smart Symbols -> Modify Display Parameters) and click the relevant element. Now you can modify it (using Modify Format Properties, for example). For more detailed information on how to modify smart symbols, please contact us.
- If you do not want to retain the smart symbol, you can also resolve it: Modify -> Bonus Tools -> Smart Symbols -> Unlink Smart Symbol, select the smart symbol(s) you want to resolve and click the right mouse button to confirm.
- To resolve the smart symbols during import, select the file to be imported, click the"Options..."button,open the "Advanced Settings" tab (until Allplan 2008 "Advanced Transfer Settings")and select the"Smart symbol"check box in the"Explode elements" area. To confirm the dialog box, click OKand open the file.
2nd - theelements are composite elements:
- To explode a composite element, select Modify -> Advanced Draft -> Explode Composite Element. Select the composite element(s).
- To resolve the composite elements during import, select the file to be imported, click the "Options..." button, open the"Advanced Settings" tab" (until Allplan 2008: "Advanced Transfer Settings") andselect the "Composite elements"check box in the"Explode compounds" area. To confirm the dialog box, click OKand open the file.
3rd - the elements are on frozen layers:
- To modify these elements, you first have to set the corresponding layers to modifiable. Open the layer selection by clickingFormat -> Select, Set Layers.On theSelect Layer/Visibilitytab, set all the layers to modifiable.
4th - the elements have the "from layer" format property:
- To find this out, click an element with the right mouse button and selectFormat Propertieson the shortcut menu: pen thickness, line type or line color is not available for elements with the "from layer" format property.
- To modify the format properties of the layer, select Format -> Select, Set Layers and open the'Format Definition' tab. Check that the''Match from layer based on line style, pen, line, color assigned (fixed setting)"optionis selected in the"Layers' format properties" area. Next, select the layer on which the element resides and change its format properties.
- To remove this property, clickEdit -> Modify Format Properties, select the"Change 'from layer' for pen, line and color" option(pen thickness, line type and line color must not be selected) and select the elements.
- To resolve the "from layer" property during import, select the file to be imported, click the "Options..." button, open the"Advanced Settings" tab" (until Allplan 2008: "Advanced Transfer Settings") andselect the "From layer"check box in the"Explode compounds" area. To confirm the dialog box, click OKand open the file.
If you have any further questions regarding data exchange, this topic is described in detail in the online Help. All you need to do is press the F1 key. Open the Index tab and selectInterfaces.