You would like to export your Allplan 3D animation model and present it to somebody who does not work with Allplan.
Install a plug-in for Internet Explorer on the computer where you want to view the 3D data. Using this plug-in, you can open VRML files.
Plug-ins of this kind can be found on the Internet. Visit the website of Parallelgraphics, for example.
This plug-in is available for the following browsers:
Internet Explorer 6.0, Netscape Browser 8.0, Mozilla Firefox 1.5, Opera 8.5 or later versions.
Open an animation window in Allplan.
Select File->Export ->Export to Cinema 4D/VRML/3DS/U3Dand save the data under any name in Windows Explorer.
It is advisable to save the file in an empty folder as the textures used in Allplan are copied together with the VRM fileto this folder.
You can then view the VRML file in Internet Explorer. All you need to do is double-click it. The functions provided for navigating and zooming are similar to those you can use in Allplan's animation window.
The Export 3D PDFtool is provided on the animation window's shortcut menu in Allplan 2008 and later versions. You can use Adobe Reader Version 2008 and later to view PDF files created in this manner.
Can I run Allplan on Apple computers?
You have to options for running Allplan on Mac computers: natively using Boot Camp or virtually using Parallels Desktop. Please note that Allplan supports Boot Camp only. For installations with Parallels Desktop, we merely offer an installation guide ("Allplan On Mac", see below).
- MacBook Pro or iMac
- Intel Core i5 or i7 Processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 20 GB free hard disk space
- AMD or Nvidia graphics card
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8
- Windows 7, 64-bit, Service Pack 1
In addition when using Boot Camp:
- Boot Camp Windows installation
- A blank CD or DVD
- The function of the DEL key needs to be moved to an existing key; otherwise, logging on to Windows requires an external keyboard.
In addition when using Parallels Desktop:
- Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac
- A license for Parallels Desktop 8 (you can request a trial license for Parallels Desktop while installing)
- Allplan On Mac setup file; you can download this file from Allplan Connect: connect.allplan.comde/support/downloads.html
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit license and DVD
- Allplan 2012-1 DVD or download
- You can find further information on Allplan On Mac at:https://connect.allplan.com/de/more/allplan-on-mac.html
There is no provision for a direct installation under Mac OS.
We kindly ask you to understand that Allplan cannot provide support for installing Boot Camp.
An installation with Parallels Desktop is subject to the following conditions and restrictions:
- The Allplan On Mac software is free to download.
- Setup is offered as a "technology demo".
- As this is a technology demo, Allplan does not assume any responsibility or liability for the reliability of the complete system in any environment; nor does it provide any technical support.
- There may be some restrictions in conjunction with some hardware combinations.
We tested the following constellations: Windows 7 64-bit | Parallels 8+9 | Allplan 2013-1
Allplan 2014-1 runs with Parallels 9.
How can I switch Allplan from German to English?
Allplan 2018 is the first version to include English in the license by default.
This means that by installing Allplan 2018, you automatically install the English version too.
As a result, you can switch languages using the Services application.
Important! This switch only applies to the program itself.
The content of the defaults (standards and country-specific content) does not change and is still in German.
Before starting Allplan, you can select the language using the Services application.
To do this, select Configuration -> Language. ‘Current setting’ shows the language currently selected.
Select the required language in the area at the bottom, that is, English.
A German default license only includes German and English.
Allplan now starts in English.
If English is not included in the Services application, you can install this language (or other languages you purchased) at any time.
All you need to do is download the current installation package of the version you use. You can find this package at www.connect.allplan.com
During installation, select Update installationand Use active license.
Select Customfor the Setup type.
When it comes to selecting Features, select the required language(s) in the ‘Language packages’ area.
This area lists the languages included in your license.
Do not change the other settings and click ‘Next’ to confirm the following dialog boxes.
After installation, start the Services application-> Configuration -> Language. Select the required language.
I have some questions about large radii of circles:
How can I display them so that they are completely circular?
How can I transfer them correctly using PDF export?
How can I display them correctly in printouts?
What large radii of circles look like depends on the settings in the ‘Options’.
Select Tools -> Options -> Desktop environment -> Display ->Hardware acceleration -> graphics -> Speed / quality and move the slide bar to the right: ‘Perfect’ setting.
When it comes to PFD files, you can use the settings in the ‘PDF Export’ dialog box to define how large radii of circles look.
Select the Export document of better qualitycheck box in this dialog box.
When it comes to printouts, you can use the settings in the palette to define how large radii of circles look.
Do the following: Create -> Layout Editor -> Print Layouts -> ‘Printer’ tab- More settingsarea
Select the ‘Print at highest quality’ check box.
When I create a hidden line image of an isometric view (Viewmenu -> View-> Front Left, Southwest Isometric Viewor any other isometric view), Allplan does not use the original dimensions so that the resulting lengths are distorted.
How can I make sure that Allplan creates the hidden line image based on the actual dimensions?
In accordance with DIN, an isometric view is calculated as follows:
Allplan chooses the projection plane and the axes so that all the axes are shortened equally = axonometric projection of an isometric view.
This is the case when all the angles are the same: 120 degrees. The result is an equilateral triangle. Each side is shortened by two-thirds or 0.8165. However, the edges parallel to the axes are usually not shortened.
Angle of the coordinate axes:
x axis: 30 degrees to the horizontal
y axis: 30 degrees to the horizontal
x : y : z = 1 : 1 : 1 (using a factor of 0.8165)
When calculating an isometric view, Allplan shortens all directions by the same value (x:y:z = 1:1:1), using a factor of 0.8165.
All you need to do is resize the result in the destination drawing file by the corresponding factor (1.22475) in the x and y directions. After this, all the edges are displayed at their actual size and can be dimensioned.
What are the reasons why I cannot modify the format properties (pen thickness, color, ...) of elements in a DWG/DXF file I have just imported?
There are four reasons why these elements cannot be modified.
1st -the elements are smart symbols:
- To retain the smart symbols but still be able to modify the elements, select Modify -> Bonus Tools -> Smart Symbols -> Modify Smart Symbol(until V2006: Modify -> Bonus Tools -> Smart Symbols -> Modify Display Parameters) and click the relevant element. Now you can modify it (using Modify Format Properties, for example). For more detailed information on how to modify smart symbols, please contact us.
- If you do not want to retain the smart symbol, you can also resolve it: Modify -> Bonus Tools -> Smart Symbols -> Unlink Smart Symbol, select the smart symbol(s) you want to resolve and click the right mouse button to confirm.
- To resolve the smart symbols during import, select the file to be imported, click the"Options..."button,open the "Advanced Settings" tab (until Allplan 2008 "Advanced Transfer Settings")and select the"Smart symbol"check box in the"Explode elements" area. To confirm the dialog box, click OKand open the file.
2nd - theelements are composite elements:
- To explode a composite element, select Modify -> Advanced Draft -> Explode Composite Element. Select the composite element(s).
- To resolve the composite elements during import, select the file to be imported, click the "Options..." button, open the"Advanced Settings" tab" (until Allplan 2008: "Advanced Transfer Settings") andselect the "Composite elements"check box in the"Explode compounds" area. To confirm the dialog box, click OKand open the file.
3rd - the elements are on frozen layers:
- To modify these elements, you first have to set the corresponding layers to modifiable. Open the layer selection by clickingFormat -> Select, Set Layers.On theSelect Layer/Visibilitytab, set all the layers to modifiable.
4th - the elements have the "from layer" format property:
- To find this out, click an element with the right mouse button and selectFormat Propertieson the shortcut menu: pen thickness, line type or line color is not available for elements with the "from layer" format property.
- To modify the format properties of the layer, select Format -> Select, Set Layers and open the'Format Definition' tab. Check that the''Match from layer based on line style, pen, line, color assigned (fixed setting)"optionis selected in the"Layers' format properties" area. Next, select the layer on which the element resides and change its format properties.
- To remove this property, clickEdit -> Modify Format Properties, select the"Change 'from layer' for pen, line and color" option(pen thickness, line type and line color must not be selected) and select the elements.
- To resolve the "from layer" property during import, select the file to be imported, click the "Options..." button, open the"Advanced Settings" tab" (until Allplan 2008: "Advanced Transfer Settings") andselect the "From layer"check box in the"Explode compounds" area. To confirm the dialog box, click OKand open the file.
If you have any further questions regarding data exchange, this topic is described in detail in the online Help. All you need to do is press the F1 key. Open the Index tab and selectInterfaces.
There are problems with the license in Allplan during or after the update to Windows 8.1 Allplan only starts as a viewer.
What can I do?
Depending on the licensing system you use, there are different issues to bear in mind.
Fix Nemetschek Softlock License Manager as described in the following document:
Uninstall the hardlock driver (Sentinel runtime driver) during the update to Windows 8.1 as described below:
Install the latest hardlock driver after the Windows update. You can find the driver and the instructions using the following link:
I purchased a new license and received a Product Key for Allplan. However, I use earlier Allplan versions with NemSLock server in my office. How can I install Allplan 2015 or an earlier version despite the new license? How can I activate the license on NemSLock server?
Allplan 2016 introduced a new protection system. Since then licensing has been based on CodeMeter by Wibu Systems AG. You can no longer use NemSLock server with Allplan. For running Allplan, you get a Product Key by email. Using this key, you can activate your license online.
This new license is not downward compatible. Consequently, you cannot use it for earlier Allplan versions.
If you want to install Allplan 2015 or an earlier version, use a trial license to install the version you need.
Make sure the Allplan version you install is always up-to-date. In other words, it should include the latest hotfixes and service releases.
You can download the current Allplan version from Allplan Connect or the FTP server.
Downloading from Allplan Connect:
Copy this link and paste it into the address bar of Windows Explorer. Then press ENTER.
This opens the folder on our FTP server.
Go to /download/Allplan/2015/CD (choose the path in accordance with the version you need) and select the appropriate file. Then click Edit -> Copy (Ctrl+C).
Switch to a folder on your computer and select Edit -> Paste (Ctrl+V).
Extract the ZIP file. Right-click the EXE file and select "Run as administrator".
Deactivate the virus scanner during installation.
1. Install Allplan with a trial license
Install Allplan. In the 'Select License Information' dialog box, choose 'Trial license for temporary use' and select the license for 'Architecture' or 'Engineering'.
Important: If you work with Workgroup Manager, select 'Different trial license' -> 'Next'. Open the Workgroup folder for your country and select the appropriate license. Then follow the instructions and install Allplan. Make sure you enter the paths correctly.
2. Use NemSLock server to request a registered license for the new seat
If you have not used a license server until now, install the license server using the trial license for NemSLock Server.
Installing NemSLock Server
- Start the Setup program for NemSLock Server. You can find the latest Setup program on our FTP server:
- The trial license is also on the FTP server:
ftp://nemhotline:email@example.com/download/Allplan/Lizenzserver/Allplan 2015 Nemslock Server Trial.nslsrv
- Select the trial license file for NemSLock Server. This license is valid for 30 days, but it includes only seat. The full number of seats purchased will be available to you as soon as you have installed the registered licenses (see below).
- Select the full installation.
- If the service does not start automatically after Setup, select Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services and start the Nemslock Server 2006 service.
- Open NemSLock 2006 Server Consoleby clicking the corresponding icon on the desktop or by selecting Start -> All Programs -> NemSLock 2006 Server -> NemSLock 2006 Server Console.
- Switch to Moduleson the left.
- Select one of your seats.
- Click the Registration request (register.txt)button.
- Click Edit.
- Fill out all fields marked with an asterisk (*). Make sure you enter your email address correctly, because the registered license file will be sent to this address (and not to the address of the person who sent the registration request!). Click OKto confirm.
- Click Create registration request. Windows Explorer opens and shows the register.txt file.
If you have closed Windows Explorer, you can find the file in the program folder of NemSLock Server. If you installed the program to the path proposed, the path is
C:\Program Files (x86)\Nemetschek\NemSLock Server 2006\Programs\License.
- Use an editor to open the new register.txt file.
You can find the entry for your seat in line @23@seat:. Change it and enter your new seat number instead. For example, if you purchased seat 08, change the entry to @23@seat: 08. Save the file.
- You can now use all the options provided by Windows Explorer to copy the registration file to a computer with Internet connection. You can do this on the network or you can use a USB stick. You can then email the file to us.
- Send the email with the registration request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will promptly receive your registered license for the new seat.
Exit Allplan on all workstations.
- Open NemSLock 2006 Server Console.
- Click Stop serveron the left.
- Switch to Moduleson the left.
- Click Browse and select the registered license file.
- Click Install license file.
- After this, you can start the server again by clicking Start server.
If you purchased several new licenses, you have to generate and send a separate registration request for each seat. Just repeat the steps described above. You will then receive a registered license file for each seat. You must install each file.
Can I run Allplan 2018 on an Apple computer?
Basically, you have two options to run Allplan 2018 on an Apple computer.
1. Allplan 2018 with Parallels Desktop 13
Quality assurance at Allplan tested this option with the following components:
- iMac (end of 2015 or later)
- Intel Core i5, i7 or i9 processor
- 16 GB of RAM
- 50 GB of free hard disk space
- AMD graphics card or NVIDIA graphics card (Note: Parallels does not support OpenGL 3.3. Consequently, Allplan uses GDI+, and the graphics card is labeled as unsuitable by the system test.)
You can also use the following hardware, which was not tested:
- MacBook Pro (end of 2015 or later)
- Intel Core i7, i9
- NVIDIA graphics card
- Mac macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 or later
- Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac
- Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
- Allplan 2018-0-6 or later
Please note that running Allplan 2018 on Parallels Desktop 13 is much slower than running Allplan 2018 on a native Windows operating system.
Parallels Desktop 13 supports OpenGL 3.2. Therefore, Allplan 2018 must use the GDI+ mode, which is generally not suitable for architectural data. We do not recommend using this approach. Parallels Desktop 13 is available as a free 30-day version. So, you can test Parallels Desktop 13 for 30 days and see for yourself.
Important note: You cannot activate an Allplan trial license or presentation license with Parallels Desktop 13.
2. Allplan 2018 with Boot Camp
This option has not been tested by quality assurance at Allplan. With Boot Camp, Allplan 2018 runs on a native Windows operating system. Therefore, Allplan 2018 with Boot Camp is faster than Allplan 2018 with Parallels Desktop 13.
Make sure you use current hardware and software (Mac macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 or later).
We do not provide support for this installation.
You can find the software requirements and hardware requirements for Allplan 2018 on this page: