Nemetschek Softlock - first steps
I have installed Allplan using the temporary Softlock license ("customer#_seat_psd.nslock") and "Trial" is displayed for its status in the License Manager.
How can I register this license?
You use License Manager to create a registration request and send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In response, you get a final license file. Installing this license removes the lime limit.
Below is a description of the necessary steps.
- Using the temporary license, you can start Allplan as a trial version. You can work with Allplan without any restrictions for 30 days.
After expiration of this period, Allplan starts as a viewer only. However, you can still request and install the final license.
- When running Windows Vista, start Nemetschek License Manager as the administrator:
Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek SoftLock 2006 -> License Manager
Click "License Manager" with the right mouse button and choose "Run as administrator" on the shortcut menu.
How to proceed:
1. Request a license registered for your computer
- On the Windows taskbar, click Start - (All) Programs - Nemetschek - Nemetschek Softlock 2006 - License Manager(or Services application -> Utilities -> License -> License Manager (NemSLock)).
When running Windows Vista, start License Manager as the system administrator: click Start - (All) Programs - Nemetschek - Nemetschek Softlock 2006 - License Manager.
Click License Managerwith the right mouse button. On the shortcut menu, click Run as administrator.
- Select the seat you want to register so that it is highlighted in blue.
Note:You can only register seats you have purchased. If you can see only seats with numbers between 90 and 99 (= trial licenses for temporary use), you first need to install the personal license for temporary use.
- Click License requestat top left.
The License Request Wizardstarts. The Welcome to the license request wizarddialog box provides information on the steps that follow.
- Click Next >.
The Customer detailsdialog box opens.
Note: Editing customer details requires administrator privileges. If you do not have these privileges, you will see a corresponding message. Cancel NemSLock License Manager and start again by selecting the Run as administrator option on the shortcut menu.
- Enter the necessary details:
- If the Client IDhas eight zeros (00000000) and the CD Keyhas eight capital F's (FFFFFFFF), you selected the Trial license for temporary useoption when you installed Allplan.
In this case, install the personal license for temporary use before you create the registration request.
- If Client IDand CD Keydo not match the numbers printed on your delivery note (for example, typing errors, small letters and capital letters mixed up), you can enter Client ID and CD Key manually.
- Fill out all the fields.
Make sure you enter your email address correctly, because registered licenses and replies to status queries of license will be sent to the address you specify here.
Note:Check the entries for Client ID(customer number) and CD Key , making sure these numbers are the same as those printed on the delivery note you received from Allplan. The CD Keyusually consists of the numbers 0 to 9 and the capital letters A to F.
Tip: You can also find these numbers in the personal license file for temporary use (*_psd.nslock). Open the license file in an editor and scroll down to the end of the file. You can then copy the license codes displayed after CUSTOMERand CDKEYto the Clipboard and paste them into the appropriate boxes.
- Click Next >.
- Select the Program, Versionand Seatand click Next >.
Note: If the Client IDis invalid (for example, when you use a trial license) you cannot confirm the dialog box by clicking OK. Instead, you will see a corresponding message.
- Specify how to send the registration file and click Next >.
Start email program ...
The program creates and saves the register.txt file before it opens your default email program. The program automatically attaches the registration file to the email and enters register (please no spam) @ (please no spam) nemetschek.defor the address.
Save the registration file ...
The program creates and saves the register.txt file before it opens the folder with the registration file in Windows Explorer. Now you can use all the options provided by Windows Explorer: for example, you can attach the file to an email, copy it to a computer with Internet access and so on.
In addition, you can see the data that were written to the registration file.
- Click Finish.
- Click Close to exit NemSLock License Manager.
You will receive a reply by email within a few minutes. This email provides information on the registration process and usually includes the registered license file.
Note: The registered license file is generated by an automated system. Consequently, any additional comments in incoming emails are not read. If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Allplan directly.
2. Install the license file
Shortly after you sent the registration request to 'email@example.com' as described in step 1, the final license file will be sent to the email address you specified in the registration request.
Install this license file as follows:
- Save the license file to any folder on the hard disk.
If the license comes as a zip file, extract it.
- Next, install the license file by double-clicking it ("customer#_seat.nslock").
Confirm the dialog box.
- As an alternative, you can also use License Manager to install the license file (Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek SoftLock 2006 -> License Manager).
Click "Install - Install license" at top left in Nemetschek SoftLock License Manager and select the license by clicking "Browse...".
Click "Finish" to complete the installation process.
Do not use the same computer to register several license files for different seats. This would connect the seats. You cannot separate the seats again without the help of technical support.