Support Forum

Allplan 2023 doesn't support rx 6600m

Hi everyone,

I've just bought a laptop but sadly that allplan doesn't support It's graphics card. I tried Vulkan setting but Allplan runs slowly and cannot do anything.
Do you have solution for me? I try to reset window, update new driver of AMD but it didn't work.

* Update :

I've tried to reinstall windows with many versions ( win 10 21h1 , 21h2, win 11 21h1 21h2) and many drivers of AMD but It didn't work. Although, My laptop still good at gaming and benchmark software.

I've found a solution that was uninstall the AMD card in Divice Manager then wait 30s. After that open Allplan and the software would recognize OpenGL Rx 6600m.
But in the next time when I reset my computer I have to repeat this step again. That is a bug of AMD driver or Rx 6600m on laptop. Hope that AllPlan Develop Team will fix it in the future.

* Update 2023/06/16 :
After update patch 2023-1-2 the vulkan can run good.

Anhänge (3)

Typ: image/png
125-mal heruntergeladen
Größe: 100,21 KiB
81-mal heruntergeladen
Größe: 91,56 KiB
67-mal heruntergeladen
Größe: 36,84 KiB

Hilfreichste Antwort anzeigen Hilfreichste Antwort verbergen

as graficcard test page listes the desktop Version of Radeon 6600 as Radeon Pro W 6600M as tested and certified Graficcard, maybe allplan is just using the slow onboard graficchip ?

For Version 2023 driver versions "22.Q3" are required not older, newer versions are not tested yet

maybe you can find a solution searching in google and replace the word laptop with your laptop model name

disable onboard graphics "laptop"

or this similar topic , but for nvidea helps
https://connect.allplan.com/forum/topics/topic/topics/cad-general/allplan-doesnt-recognizes-the-offboard-nvidia-gpu-if-you-has-a-second-screen-connected-to-a-laptop-powered-by-nvidia-optimus-with-partial-solution.html

Allplan Webentwicklung

Private messages must be private. No support request via Private message.

11 - 14 (14)

If you have a laptop, try to buy a new with Nvidia graphic card...

Zitiert von: Duy_Hoa
If you have a laptop, try to buy a new with Nvidia graphic card...

Good morning,

After uninstalling the AMD card in Divice Manager does it work with your computer?
Can you work well with Open GL RX6600M? Without bugs? without the computer crashing?

Yes it's a laptop I just bought so I'm not going to change it now.

Have you worked on REVIT with this graphics card? If so, does it work well?
Thanks for your help

Zitiert von: ju86170

Quote by Duy_HoaIf you have a laptop, try to buy a new with Nvidia graphic card...
Good morning,
After uninstalling the AMD card in Divice Manager does it work with your computer?

Can you work well with Open GL RX6600M? Without bugs? without the computer crashing?
Yes it's a laptop I just bought so I'm not going to change it now.
Have you worked on REVIT with this graphics card? If so, does it work well?

Thanks for your help

Allplan can run, but doesn't run well. I think that this is a bug of Allplan so the Allplan Team have to fix it.

I hope allplan will soon support GTX and RTX and AMD like Autodesk. because most common users mostly use this platform and it is popular. Thanks for your help

11 - 14 (14)