A new computer is to replace the existing one.
How can I transfer the existing data and settings of the existing Allplan installation to the new computer?
Please note that this solution only works with stand-alone versions.
Install the same version of Allplan on the new computer and transfer the data as follows:
1st - transferring the data:
Transfer the following folders from the old computer to the new one:
Project folder (PRJ)
Office standard folder (STD) and
User folder (USR)
You can determine the path to these folders on both the new computer and the old computer as follows:
Services application->Service->Hotline Tools->Showcfg: shows system variables ->OK
You can find the paths to the folders after PRJ, STD and USR.
2nd - transferring the toolbar configuration:
Export the configurations from the old computer by clicking View -> Toolbars -> Customize... -> Export...
You can then import the configurations to the new computer by clicking View -> Toolbars -> Customize... -> Import...
What can I do if Allplan no longer starts after I have upgraded and the following messages appear?
After this, Quality Reporter displays an error report.
Exit Allplan on all workstations and do the following:
Open the Services application and make a note of the path to the 'central file storage folder', which is displayed in the Services application window.
In addition, check whether the workgroup manager line is followed by 'Yes' or 'No'.
Open the central file storage folder in Windows Explorer.
If the workgroup manager line is followed by
'Yes', open the NET subfolder.
'No', open the PRJ subfolder.
Find the 'project.dat' or 'project.Dat.xm' file in the NET or PRJ folder and rename it 'project-old.dat'.
After this, do the following:
Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> reorg -> OK -> Restore project management file -> OK
The program creates a new, correct project management file and you can start Allplan again.
If you come across error messages while doing this, please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Describe exactly what you did before the error or crash occurred.
- The error message itself (as a screenshot).
- The log file (trace).
- A Hotinfo support request with question 01.
How can I make several projects available to users when Workgroup Manager is installed?
You can make several projects available to a user or define a user as the project owner of several projects.
Do the following:
First, log in as the Allplan administrator.
If necessary, set up an Allplan user for the new Windows user: Services application -> Workgroup Manager -> Configuration -> Add a user
(Allplan 2014 and later:Services application -> Workgroup Manager ->Administer users)
Start Allplan and then ProjectPilot by clicking
File -> ProjectPilot
Open the Projects folder in the area on the left.
You can see all the projects in the Contents of "Projects" area on the right.
a. Making several projects available to users:
In the area on the right, select the projects to which you want to add users or from which you want to remove users (CTRL or SHIFT key or use a selection rectangle).
Click one of the selected projects with the mouse button. On the shortcut menu, click
Add / remove authorized users...
The Add / Remove Authorized Usersdialog box opens.
Select the users you want to add to or remove from the selected projects.
The user list displayed only helps you select users. It does not list all the authorized users currently assigned to projects.
Click Addor Remove.
This adds or removes the selected users to or from the selected projects. Whether users you have already added to a project are added again is irrelevant. The same applies if you remove users you have never added to a project.
b. Defining a project owner for several projects
In the area on the right, select the projects for which you want to define the owner (CTRL or SHIFT key).
Click one of the selected projects with the mouse button. On the shortcut menu, click
Change project owner...
The Define Owner dialog box opens.
Select the user you want to define as the owner of the selected projects.
Note: The user list displayed helps you select users. You can define only one user as the owner.
c. Defining a project owner for a project or making a project available to several users(also applies to earlier versions):
In ProjectPilot in the area on the right, click the relevant project with the right mouse button. On the shortcut menu, click Properties.
The Properties for <project name>dialog box opens. Switch to the Security tab and define the owner and the authorized users.
You can add or remove project users or define the project owner only if the projects in question are in the current Allplan format.
You have installed Allplan on several local workstations. Now you want to change the installation so that you can access a common network drive.
Before you switch to a network installation, it is essential that you back up all the data of all the workstations.
We strongly recommend that you take advantage of the expertise of Nemetschek’s technical support staff. We are happy to help you!
The following description shows how to change several workstations where Allplan is installed locally and the project data is also stored locally on each computer to workstations with a common network drive without Workgroup Manager.
1st - getting ready
Choose one of the workstations where you will install all the projects and the office standard (hereinafter referred to as the main workstation).
First, move all the projects to the main workstation.
1.a: copying resources into projects
To make sure that the projects in your office have a uniform appearance, change the path settings for the projects' resources to 'Project'.
Make the following setting for each project:
Allplan -> File menu -> ProjectPilot - Admin -> select the individual projects one after the other -> right mouse button -> Properties -> Settings tab
Set the path settings for 'Pen and line definitions', 'Fonts', 'Patterns, hatching styles, area styles', 'Bar and mesh cross-section catalogs', 'Layer structures, line styles, drawing types' and 'Attributes proposed' from 'Office' to 'Project', if necessary.
The corresponding elements are copied from the office standard directly to the project. This ensures that the project settings stay the same even when you copy the project to the new server with the new office standard.
1.b: same folder name as project name
Open the 'General' tab and select the 'Same folder name as project name' setting if you want to proceed as described in 2b.
1.c: pen color ("Color stands for pen")
The pen color for the "Color stands for pen" setting is a user-specific setting that is not saved in the project but in the user folder (...\Usr).
2.a: backing up projects of the individual workstations and importing them to the main workstation (recommended method):
Back up the individual projects. To do this, open the Services application and select Data Backup -> Create -> Entire folders -> Projects.
You can back up several projects in a single operation.
Before you start, specify the backup folder on the network or on the local hard disk: Services application -> Configuration -> Backup path ->Browse for Folder.
The next step is to import the saved projects to the main workstation.To do this, open theServices application -> Data Backup -> Import -> Projects Before you import the individual projects, you can create new Allplan projects at the main computer. As an alternative, you can also create a new project during the import.
2.b: backing up projects of the individual workstations and importing them to the main workstation (special approach):
This approach should only be used with good reason for exceptional cases as it requires in-depth knowledge of Windows.
With this method, Windows Explorer is used to import the projects to the main workstation.
If some project names exist twice, you need to rename these projects before you back them up.
You can then rename the existing 'project.dat' file in the Prj folder of the main workstation.
Next, select the Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> reorg -> Restore project management file.
The system creates a new project administration file (project.dat), which should list all projects with names.
Now the main workstation contains the latest version of all the projects of the office.
3rd - merging project defaults
Open ProjectPilot at the individual workstations and copy the elements you want to transfer (symbols, smart symbols, lists, schedules, and so on) to the external path. Of course, you can set the external path to a common network folder that can be accessed by all workstations.
Next, open ProjectPilot at the main workstation and copy the contents of the external path to the office standard.
4th - data backup
- Back up the projects, office standard and user settings at the main workstation:
You can also copy the ..\prj (projects), ..\std (office standard) and ..\usr (user folder) paths to a backup folder (Nemsic, for example) on the hard disk.
- In addition, you need to back up the ..\usr\local folder at every stand-alone computer.
- Export the user interface setting of each user to a file: Allplan -> Tools - > Customize .... -> Export...
5th - uninstalling
Remove Allplan from all workstations.
6th - reinstalling
Before you install the same version again, create and share a folder (Nemdata, for example) on the future data server. Create a subfolder - Allplan - in this folder.
The next step is to reinstall the same version on all the workstations.
Specify the following installation paths:
local (C:\Programs\Nemetschek\Allplan, for example)
Central file storage folder:
Browse -> Network...
Find the sharedNemdata folder and select the Allplan folder.
After this, start installing.
7th - testing the start and restoring the backup
After the installation (check whether Allplan starts), copy the ..\prj and ..\std folders you backed up from the main workstation to the new ...\Nemdata\Allplan server folder.
Next, use Windows Explorer to copy the contents of the former user folder (…\usr\local) of the stand-alone workstation to the new user folder of the computer you just installed.
8th - updating the project administration file
Go to the project.datfile in the ...\Nemdata\Allplan\Prjfolder and rename itproject.alt.After this, do the following:
Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> reorg -> Restore project management file.
9th - summary
Now all the workstations access a common network drive with the same project pool and office standard.
With this type of installation, only one user can access a project at any one time. If several users are to work on a project at the same time, you need to install Workgroup Manager.
How can I install a hotfix?
Allplan automatically downloads hotfixes and installs them the next time you start Allplan.
To define settings in Allplan, open the ? menu and select Update Allplan.
Click the Find now button to find updates and install them the next time you start Allplan.
1. Downloading hotfixes manually
You can also download hotfixes manually.
Open our homepage
(http://www.connect.allplan.com) and select
The current hotfix and previous hotfixes are available for download.
Before you can download data, you must log in to Allplan Connect
2. Installing hotfixes downloaded manually
You can install the hotfixes downloaded by double-clicking the file. Make sure both Allplan and the Services application are closed.
Hotfixes are installed one after the other in the correct order. In other words, you must download and install Hotfix 2014-1-1 before you can install Hotfix 2014-1-2.
3. Working with Workgroup Manager
If you work with Workgroup Manager and another user has already downloaded the hotfix, you can see the following message:
There are currently no updates available.
In tis case, the hotfix is in the Downloadfolder on the server. In Allplan select ?-> Update Allplan. Choose one of the following options to install the hotfix the next time you start Allplan:
- Install updates automatically-> the next time you start Allplan, the program will install the hotfix without asking you again.
- Download updates, install manually (recommended)-> the next time you start Allplan, a dialog box opens and you can decide whether you want to install the hotfix.
The default setting is
'Download updates, install manually (recommended)'.
How can I transfer the NemSLock license permanently to a new computer?
Proceed as follows:
- Install the program on the new computer. Use the temporary license (xxx_xxx_psd.nslock) you received when you purchased the program. If you do not have a temporary license of the current version, contact your support team to request such a license.
You can then work with the program for 30 days – plenty of time to configure your new computer, transfer the office standard and projects and so on (you can find instructions in the FAQ database).
At the same time you can work with the program on your old computer without any restrictions.
- When you have transferred everything you need, return the license to us. To do this, use the old computer and click
Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek SoftLock 2006 -> License Manager
(Services application -> Utilities -> License -> License Manager (NemSLock)).
Click "Relocate licenses -> Transfer licenses permanently to a computer". This creates the COMPUTER_NAME.hrdwchg file. Send this file by email to email@example.com.
Tip: Click 'Browse' in the 'Send hardware change file (*.hrdwchg)' dialog box. The program creates and saves the COMPUTERNAME.hrdwchgfile. Then Windows Explorerstarts and the folder with the hardware change file opens. You can now use all the options provided by Windows Explorer: for example, you can attach the file to an email, copy it to a computer having Internet access and so on. Email this file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After you have created this file, the Allplan license of your old computer will still be valid for two more days.
As soon as we have removed the registration, we will send you a confirmation by email.
- Create a registration request (register.txt) on the new computer and send this file by email to email@example.com.
To generate a registration request, do the following:
Open the License Manager (Service application -> Utilities- > License -> License Manager). Select the license entry for your seat and click "Request license". Please follow the instructions displayed on screen. Complete the form. Do not forget to enter your email address.
You will promptly receive the license for the new computer (provided you have returned the license to us as described above).
Installing this license file completes the license transfer to the new computer.
The COMPUTER_NAME.hrdwchg file is stored in the following folder:
Allplan 2012 and earlier:
- Windows 64-bit:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Nemetschek\NemSLock2006\License
- Windows 32-bit:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nemetschek\NemSLock2006\License
Allplan 2013 and later:
- or C:\ProgramData\Nemetschek\NemSLock\HardwareTausch
Allplan starts as a viewer. What can I do?
Do the following:
1. The Allplan license folder contains the servcfg.nse file.
Open this folder:
Services application -> Service -> Windows Explorer -> General program data (ETC, LIC) -> License.
Delete the servcfg.nse file from this folder.
2. Install the new, appropriate license, which you can find in the attached file. Save the license to a folder on your computer and install it as follows:
Services application -> Utilities -> License -> Install HARDLOCK License
3. Check that the light indicator of the connected USB dongle (blue or white stick) is on all the time. To test it, you can connect the dongle to a different port.
4. Install the current hardlock driver if the light indicator is off.
You can find detailed instructions here:
5. Select the Services application -> Utilities -> License -> License settings -> Licenses.
Check if "Allplan FT" is displayed in the white window on the left. If this is so, Allplan has accepted the dongle.
If this is not so, send the logmes.nse file, info.001 file and the new servcfg.nse file (license folder) to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to install and run NemSLock Server?
Before installing, check whether the package you received includes the following items:
- Temporary licenses for NemSLock Server, e.g. 1234567a_001_psd.nslsrv
- Temporary licenses for clients, e.g. 1234567a_001_psd_client.nslock
How to install NemSLock Server
- Start the Setup program for NemSLock Server. You can find the latest Setup program on our FTP server:
- Select one of the temporary license files for NemSLock Server. These licenses are valid for 30 days. However, each license includes only one seat of each configuration purchased. The full number of seats purchased will be available to you as soon as you have installed the registered licenses (see below). If you purchased a configuration for one seat only, you will, of course, receive only one temporary license.
- When you opt for the “Custom” setup type, you can choose between the following program features:
You can use this program to administer NemSLock Server. You can also install the console on more workstations so that you can administer the server from a number of different locations. However, you can only connect one console to the server at any one time.
The actual license server.
This tool analyzes the log files of NemSLock Server.
By default, Setup installs all these features.
If you have several temporary licenses for NemSLock Server, use the server console to install the remaining licenses after the installation. The procedure is described in the section "How to install licenses".
How to register licenses
- Open NemSLock 2006 Server Console by clicking the corresponding icon on the desktop or by selecting Start -> All Programs -> NemSLock 2006 Server -> NemSLock 2006 Server Console.
- Click "Modules" on the left.
- Select the seat you want to register. If your license includes configurations for several seats, you must send a separate registration request for each seat. You will then receive a registered license file for each seat. You must install each file.
- Click the "Registration request (register.txt)" button.
- Click "Edit".
- You must fill out all fields marked with an asterisk (*). Make sure you enter your email address correctly, because the registered license file will be sent to this address (and not to the address of the person who sent the registration request!). Click OK to confirm.
- Click "Create registration request". Windows Explorer opens and shows the register.txt file. If this window is closed, you can find this file in the program folder of NemSLock Server. If you installed the program to the path proposed, the path is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Nemetschek\NemSLock Server 2006\Programs\License
- Now you can use all the options provided by Windows Explorer to copy the registration file to a computer with Internet access on the network. Alternatively, you can also use an USB stick. You can then email this file to us.
- Send the email with the registration request to email@example.com
How to install licenses
- Open NemSLock 2006 Server Console.
- Click "Stop server" on the left.
- Click "Modules" on the left.
- Click "Browse" to navigate to the registered license file.
- Click "Install license file".
- After this, you can start the server again by clicking "Start server".
How to set up users (optional)
- predefined user ALLis created automatically. If there is no other user, each user is given the privileges of the user ALL. By default, this user can use all licenses but cannot check out any licenses. By double-clicking the user, you can change the user's privileges.
- predefined user ALLallows all users to use licenses. In order to do this, the users must be able to access the server. You do not need to create individual user profiles until you want to assign specific rights to individual users or limit access to selected users. predefined user ALL. If you want to work only with individual users, you should deactivate the predefined user ALL by revoking the user's right to use licenses.
- predefined user ALL has administrator privileges unless another user is created and appointed as the administrator. As soon as you have appointed an administrator, ALL no longer has administrator privileges.
- You can enter users in the “Users.mcf” file. predefined user ALL has administrator privileges again. In addition, each user can once again administer the license server using the console.
- The administrator user is not a special user. If there are several administrator users, only one administrator user can start the console for this license server at any one time.
- If you are setting up users without giving administrator privileges to anyone, the program will ask you whether you want to appoint yourself as the administrator.
You can also specify a domain (user authentication for Windows server). However, this is not mandatory. If you do not specify a domain, the program uses the Windows user name for each user.
The program writes the user accounts and the associated access rights as ASCII text to the users.mcf file.
You can find this file in the \Programs folder of the NemSLock Server installation. You cannot rename, delete or move this file. If the program can no longer connect to this file, you must exit NemSLock Server, restart it and enter all users again from scratch. predefined user ALLis retained.
Experienced administrators can use the PowerShell script NemGenUsers.ps1. This file is in the \Programs folder of the NemSLock Server installation or you can find it as an FAQ in Allplan Connect:
How to install and configure clients
- Use one of the nslock license files you received to install the clients. Do not use the trial license or the license server license. It is irrelevant which of the client licenses you use, as the actual license will come from the license server later.
- You do not need to register the clients.
- When switching from Hardlock to NemSLock (server), you need to update the client using a nslock license file.
After having installed the client, you need to switch to the license server:
- Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek SoftLock 2006 -> License Manager
- If the license server window is not visible, select "Configure NemSLock Server" at the bottom. Lock this window. All you need to do is click the drawing pin icon.
- Enter the computer name or IP address of the license server in the empty box. Then click the "Update” icon to the right.
- Now the user can select one of the seats provided.
- After having successfully connected to the license server, clear the check boxes for the trial licenses in the area at the top.
- Click "Close" to complete the configuration. Now you can start Allplan.
- If a user selects several configurations for a seat and starts Allplan, the license server will provide the required licenses; in other words, starting Allplan once might require two licenses. Consequently, fewer licenses are available to other users.
- 2014-1 and later: If the latest version of License Manager is installed (file version 1. 0. 26. 153 or later, see License Manager- Options- System), you can also select several licenses. If one of the selected licenses is currently being used by someone else, the program will automatically select the next available license.
- Clients communicate with the server by TCP/IP via port 10977. So you need to configure the firewall accordingly.
- The license server and the licenses are downward compatible; they can be used in conjunction with older Allplan versions.
I have installed Allplan using the temporary Softlock license ("customer#_seat_psd.nslock") and "Trial" is displayed for its status in the License Manager.
How can I register this license?
You use License Manager to create a registration request and send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In response, you get a final license file. Installing this license removes the lime limit.
Below is a description of the necessary steps.
- Using the temporary license, you can start Allplan as a trial version. You can work with Allplan without any restrictions for 30 days.
After expiration of this period, Allplan starts as a viewer only. However, you can still request and install the final license.
- When running Windows Vista, start Nemetschek License Manager as the administrator:
Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek SoftLock 2006 -> License Manager
Click "License Manager" with the right mouse button and choose "Run as administrator" on the shortcut menu.
How to proceed:
1. Request a license registered for your computer
- On the Windows taskbar, click Start - (All) Programs - Nemetschek - Nemetschek Softlock 2006 - License Manager(or Services application -> Utilities -> License -> License Manager (NemSLock)).
When running Windows Vista, start License Manager as the system administrator: click Start - (All) Programs - Nemetschek - Nemetschek Softlock 2006 - License Manager.
Click License Managerwith the right mouse button. On the shortcut menu, click Run as administrator.
- Select the seat you want to register so that it is highlighted in blue.
Note:You can only register seats you have purchased. If you can see only seats with numbers between 90 and 99 (= trial licenses for temporary use), you first need to install the personal license for temporary use.
- Click License requestat top left.
The License Request Wizardstarts. The Welcome to the license request wizarddialog box provides information on the steps that follow.
- Click Next >.
The Customer detailsdialog box opens.
Note: Editing customer details requires administrator privileges. If you do not have these privileges, you will see a corresponding message. Cancel NemSLock License Manager and start again by selecting the Run as administrator option on the shortcut menu.
- Enter the necessary details:
- If the Client IDhas eight zeros (00000000) and the CD Keyhas eight capital F's (FFFFFFFF), you selected the Trial license for temporary useoption when you installed Allplan.
In this case, install the personal license for temporary use before you create the registration request.
- If Client IDand CD Keydo not match the numbers printed on your delivery note (for example, typing errors, small letters and capital letters mixed up), you can enter Client ID and CD Key manually.
- Fill out all the fields.
Make sure you enter your email address correctly, because registered licenses and replies to status queries of license will be sent to the address you specify here.
Note:Check the entries for Client ID(customer number) and CD Key , making sure these numbers are the same as those printed on the delivery note you received from Allplan. The CD Keyusually consists of the numbers 0 to 9 and the capital letters A to F.
Tip: You can also find these numbers in the personal license file for temporary use (*_psd.nslock). Open the license file in an editor and scroll down to the end of the file. You can then copy the license codes displayed after CUSTOMERand CDKEYto the Clipboard and paste them into the appropriate boxes.
- Click Next >.
- Select the Program, Versionand Seatand click Next >.
Note: If the Client IDis invalid (for example, when you use a trial license) you cannot confirm the dialog box by clicking OK. Instead, you will see a corresponding message.
- Specify how to send the registration file and click Next >.
Start email program ...
The program creates and saves the register.txt file before it opens your default email program. The program automatically attaches the registration file to the email and enters register (please no spam) @ (please no spam) nemetschek.defor the address.
Save the registration file ...
The program creates and saves the register.txt file before it opens the folder with the registration file in Windows Explorer. Now you can use all the options provided by Windows Explorer: for example, you can attach the file to an email, copy it to a computer with Internet access and so on.
In addition, you can see the data that were written to the registration file.
- Click Finish.
- Click Close to exit NemSLock License Manager.
You will receive a reply by email within a few minutes. This email provides information on the registration process and usually includes the registered license file.
Note: The registered license file is generated by an automated system. Consequently, any additional comments in incoming emails are not read. If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Allplan directly.
2. Install the license file
Shortly after you sent the registration request to 'email@example.com' as described in step 1, the final license file will be sent to the email address you specified in the registration request.
Install this license file as follows:
- Save the license file to any folder on the hard disk.
If the license comes as a zip file, extract it.
- Next, install the license file by double-clicking it ("customer#_seat.nslock").
Confirm the dialog box.
- As an alternative, you can also use License Manager to install the license file (Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek SoftLock 2006 -> License Manager).
Click "Install - Install license" at top left in Nemetschek SoftLock License Manager and select the license by clicking "Browse...".
Click "Finish" to complete the installation process.
Do not use the same computer to register several license files for different seats. This would connect the seats. You cannot separate the seats again without the help of technical support.
Why does the "a connection to the Internet could not be established while checking certificates" message appear when I start Allplan?
The relevant computer cannot check the certificates.
According to a setting in the computer's Internet Options, certificates are checked by default.
If this check fails as, for example, the computer cannot connect to the Internet, some Allplan windows can take a long time to open.
If you have performance problems when opening dialog boxes in Allplan, clear the "Check for publisher's certificate revocation"option.
To do this, select "Start -> Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Security". All you need to do is clear the relevant check box.
The certificates' validity is checked for Allplan program files.
Certificates are used to confirm the authenticity and integrity of programs.