Support Forum

[Frage] Workgroup Manager in Allplan 2021

Hi everybody,

My company planned to use Workgroup manager after getting used to work with local licenses for several years. I have searched about the advantages it has compared to local one, but still not clear about the disadvantages that could be encountered in the future. Could anybody share here?
Some information that I would like to know are:
- How many users could work at the same time and same project without causing significant load? Assumed that my company has the required hardware/network capacities.
- Is there any built-in backup available in workgroup manager to avoid losing data? For example if a user accidentally deleted a model made by another user

Thanks in advance

Hilfreichste Antwort anzeigen Hilfreichste Antwort verbergen

Zitiert von: SOEN
This systematic is not (yet) implemented in Allplan in general. (Which is also a big wish of mine).

This is part of the new features of the 2022 version.

Hi,

As far as my experience go, we also use workgroup manager at our company, it is like this.
1. No max. to the users as it communicates constantly with the server, just as fast with 2 as for example 10 people. The most important thing with this is that everybody should have a stable and quick network/internet connection. Workgroupmanager is also not made to share and work together with people all over the country. It is best when everybody is working close to the network/central project location. If you do want to work "overseas" then you should better look into the implementation of Allplan Share, which works in the cloud so no location restrictions, only it is working a bit slower due to up- and download to the cloud.
2. There is no backup system (yet) as far as I know. This is something you should arrange with your IT-department that outside of Allplan the network/central project location is backuped in a certain schedule. Also again working with Bimplus does have a certain backup systematic. Because every user is downloading files local there are multiple backups of maybe 1 file with several users. Also Bimplus makes backups locally with every upload. This systematic is not (yet) implemented in Allplan in general. (Which is also a big wish of mine).

Hope this answers your questions.

Kind regards,

Nick

This systematic is not (yet) implemented in Allplan in general. (Which is also a big wish of mine).

Thanks for quick response!

If you do want to work "overseas" then you should better look into the implementation of Allplan Share, which works in the cloud so no location restrictions, only it is working a bit slower due to up- and download to the cloud.

I have tested Allplan Share with my colleague that work in another country, I learned a lot about the systems, but unfortunately there are no servers near to my country so the connections was not really good. I am wondering is the workgroup manager work similar to Allplan share, other than the file location?

Zitiert von: Bertrand_C

Quote by SOENThis systematic is not (yet) implemented in Allplan in general. (Which is also a big wish of mine).

Great! I am sure this will be very helpful so users will not depend on server backup configuration. Thanks for the information

I have tested Allplan Share with my colleague that work in another country, I learned a lot about the systems, but unfortunately there are no servers near to my country so the connections was not really good. I am wondering is the workgroup manager work similar to Allplan share, other than the file location?

Yes more or less it works the same. It communicates in real time to the project folder which layers are in use by who and locks it for the other users. They can have in active as reference (grey layer) so they will get updates when the other person changes things and saves it. The same this works with Allplan Share, only difference is that the speed is higher due to everybody is directly working in the same folder, no up- and download time. Only restriction is that everybody should work in a small range of the network/project location, so no overseas working with colleagues or project members.

And for the backups the answer of Bertrand_C is a positive one that in 2022 it will be available, so 2 thumps up for that (if you ask me)

https://connect.allplan.com/ verwendet Cookies  -  Mehr Informationen

Akzeptieren