How can I install a hotfix?
Allplan automatically downloads hotfixes and installs them the next time you start Allplan.
To define settings in Allplan, open the ? menu and select Update Allplan.
Click the Find now button to find updates and install them the next time you start Allplan.
1. Downloading hotfixes manually
You can also download hotfixes manually.
Open our homepage
(http://www.connect.allplan.com) and select
The current hotfix and previous hotfixes are available for download.
Before you can download data, you must log in to Allplan Connect
2. Installing hotfixes downloaded manually
You can install the hotfixes downloaded by double-clicking the file. Make sure both Allplan and the Services application are closed.
Hotfixes are installed one after the other in the correct order. In other words, you must download and install Hotfix 2014-1-1 before you can install Hotfix 2014-1-2.
3. Working with Workgroup Manager
If you work with Workgroup Manager and another user has already downloaded the hotfix, you can see the following message:
There are currently no updates available.
In tis case, the hotfix is in the Downloadfolder on the server. In Allplan select ?-> Update Allplan. Choose one of the following options to install the hotfix the next time you start Allplan:
- Install updates automatically-> the next time you start Allplan, the program will install the hotfix without asking you again.
- Download updates, install manually (recommended)-> the next time you start Allplan, a dialog box opens and you can decide whether you want to install the hotfix.
Download PDF FAQ_EN_Installing_hotfixes.pdf
The default setting is
'Download updates, install manually (recommended)'.