This document provides further information on installing Allplan 2017.
Backing up and archiving data:
We strongly recommend that you back up and archive all your data before you upgrade to Allplan 2017.
How to install:
You can find detailed instructions on how to install Allplan 2017 in the following places:
- After you have downloaded Allplan 2017, you can find the install.chm file in the Helpfiles\English folder.
- You can find the install.chm file on the Allplan 2017 DVD in the following folder: <DVD>:\programs\x64\Allplan\Helpfiles\English.
Please read these instructions before you install Allplan 2017.
- System requirements for Allplan 2017
- How to handle licenses when upgrading to Allplan 2017
Allplan 2016 introduced a new protection system. Licensing is now based on CodeMeter by Wibu Systems AG. You can no longer use Softlock, NemSLock server or hardlock with Allplan 2016 and Allplan 2017.
Some notes on installing Allplan 2017
If you want to switch from Allplan 2014/2015/2016 to Allplan 2017, you can choose between three installation options. We recommend using the second option: first-time installation and copy data from Allplan 2014/2015/2016.
1. First-time installation
This option installs Allplan 2017 to a new folder without affecting any other Allplan installation (2016 or earlier). Setup does transfer neither data nor settings to the new installation.
If you want to transfer data later, you have the following options:
You can uninstall Allplan 2017 and then upgrade from Allplan 2014/2015/2016.
You can integrate the data manually (requires administrative knowledge).
2. First-time installation and copy data from Allplan 2014/2015/2016
This option installs Allplan 2017 to a new folder without affecting any other Allplan installation (2016 or earlier). You can configure the program to automatically copy the office standard (\std), projects (\prj) and user data (\usr) from Allplan 2014/2015/2016 to the new installations folder.
This duplicates the data: you can use all projects, defaults and resources both in Allplan 2016 and in Allplan 2014/2015/2016. This way, you can test the new version without losing your 'old' Allplan version.
Bear in mind, though, that you should not mix data from different versions, as merging data later involves considerable time and effort.
2a. Continue with first-time installation and copy data from version
This option is available when you have already installed <Product_Version> and copied the data to a different computer that accesses the same data server. As a result, the data have already been transferred.
3. Upgrade and transfer data from Allplan 2014/2015/2016
This option installs Allplan 2017 to an existing folder, converting Allplan 2014/2015/2016 to Allplan 2017 and transferring all important settings. Afterwards, you can no longer work with Allplan 2014/2015/2016.
This does nor affect earlier Allplan versions (Allplan 2013 or earlier).
Installing on a network:
- If you work in a network environment (one common central file storage folder), you must upgrade all workstations to Allplan 2017. Therefore, make sure you can upgrade all workstations (deadline for Serviceplus agreement: July 1, 2016) beforeyou start installing.
- During the upgrade, Allplan 2014/2015/2016 must not be running on any workstation.
- When installing with Workgroup Manager, make sure all workstations are checked in before you start upgrading.
- Data from earlier Allplan versions must be converted. Allplan 2017 automatically converts the data of a project you open. Click here for instructions on how to convert all projects in a single step:
IBD 2017 is expected to be released with the Allplan 2017-0-1 Hotfix at the end of July 2016.