Installing Allplan on Apple computers
Can I run Allplan on Apple computers?
You have to options for running Allplan on Mac computers: natively using Boot Camp or virtually using Parallels Desktop. Please note that Allplan supports Boot Camp only. For installations with Parallels Desktop, we merely offer an installation guide ("Allplan On Mac", see below).
- MacBook Pro or iMac
- Intel Core i5 or i7 Processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 20 GB free hard disk space
- AMD or Nvidia graphics card
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8
- Windows 7, 64-bit, Service Pack 1
In addition when using Boot Camp:
- Boot Camp Windows installation
- A blank CD or DVD
- The function of the DEL key needs to be moved to an existing key; otherwise, logging on to Windows requires an external keyboard.
In addition when using Parallels Desktop:
- Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac
- A license for Parallels Desktop 8 (you can request a trial license for Parallels Desktop while installing)
- Allplan On Mac setup file; you can download this file from Allplan Connect: connect.allplan.comde/support/downloads.html
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit license and DVD
- Allplan 2012-1 DVD or download
- You can find further information on Allplan On Mac at:https://connect.allplan.com/de/more/allplan-on-mac.html
There is no provision for a direct installation under Mac OS.
We kindly ask you to understand that Allplan cannot provide support for installing Boot Camp.
An installation with Parallels Desktop is subject to the following conditions and restrictions:
- The Allplan On Mac software is free to download.
- Setup is offered as a "technology demo".
- As this is a technology demo, Allplan does not assume any responsibility or liability for the reliability of the complete system in any environment; nor does it provide any technical support.
- There may be some restrictions in conjunction with some hardware combinations.
We tested the following constellations: Windows 7 64-bit | Parallels 8+9 | Allplan 2013-1
Allplan 2014-1 runs with Parallels 9.