How can I transfer the license permanently to a new computer?
How can I temporarily transfer the license of a registered computer to a different computer?
How can I interchange the licenses of two registered computers?
If you activated the license online by entering a Product Key, you can return the Product Key and then use it for a different computer. You can return and activate the license only if the computers have Internet access. The computer where you want to return or activate the license does not have to be online all the time. It is enough if it is online while you are returning or activating the license.
Returning a license
To return a license in online mode
- Open the 'License settings' dialog box: Services application -> Utilities -> License settings
- Write down the Product Key for the license you are returning.
- Click License activationon the left. Then click the license you want to return.
- Click Return license.
You can now activate the license on a different computer.
Activating a license
If you want to transfer the license permanently, you can activate a license while you are installing Allplan or after you have installed Allplan. By activating a license, you connect the license with the new or other computer. As a result, you can start Allplan on this computer.
If you want to transfer the license only temporarily, install Allplan as a viewer on the second computer and
activate the license later.
To activate the license during installation:
Start Setup and follow the instructions displayed.
- In the 'Installation Option' dialog box, select the 'Enter Product Key' option and click 'Next'.
- Enter your Product Key.
- Click 'Activate license'.
To activate the license after installation:
- Open the 'License settings' dialog box: Services application -> Utilities -> License settings
- Click License activationon the left.
- Enter your Product Key.
- Click Activate license.
Here comes a practical example:
If you want to use a Product Key for running Allplan on two or more computers, you must use computer A to return the license before you can use this license with computer B. To return the license, open the Services application -> Utilities -> License settings -> Return license. If this computer always uses the same Product Key, you can find this Product Key in the box below License activation. This box always displays the last Product Key entered.
If you switch between several licenses, it is a good idea to save the Product Keys used in a text file on the desktop. This way, you can copy the Product Keys quickly and easily to the license settings.
Note: When license cannot be returned due to defect
If your computer has a defect and does not start anymore, or your hard disk has crashed and you had to install a new one, we need a statutory declaration from you. You will receive this declaration after your situation has been checked by the technical support team. Please contact your local Allplan Support with a brief description of what happened.
You can also find your Product Key in Allplan Connect. Go to http://connect.allplan.com/license
Click Profile -> License administration.
Only administrators can use this function.
A new computer is to replace the existing one.
How can I transfer the existing data and settings of the existing Allplan installation to the new computer?
Please note that this solution only works with stand-alone versions.
Install the same version of Allplan on the new computer and transfer the data as follows:
1st - transferring the data:
Transfer the following folders from the old computer to the new one:
Project folder (PRJ)
Office standard folder (STD) and
User folder (USR)
You can determine the path to these folders on both the new computer and the old computer as follows:
Services application->Service->Hotline Tools->Showcfg: shows system variables ->OK
You can find the paths to the folders after PRJ, STD and USR.
2nd - transferring the toolbar configuration:
Export the configurations from the old computer by clicking View -> Toolbars -> Customize... -> Export...
You can then import the configurations to the new computer by clicking View -> Toolbars -> Customize... -> Import...
How can I transfer the NemSLock license permanently to a new computer?
Proceed as follows:
- Install the program on the new computer. Use the temporary license (xxx_xxx_psd.nslock) you received when you purchased the program. If you do not have a temporary license of the current version, contact your support team to request such a license.
You can then work with the program for 30 days – plenty of time to configure your new computer, transfer the office standard and projects and so on (you can find instructions in the FAQ database).
At the same time you can work with the program on your old computer without any restrictions.
- When you have transferred everything you need, return the license to us. To do this, use the old computer and click
Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek SoftLock 2006 -> License Manager
(Services application -> Utilities -> License -> License Manager (NemSLock)).
Click "Relocate licenses -> Transfer licenses permanently to a computer". This creates the COMPUTER_NAME.hrdwchg file. Send this file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tip: Click 'Browse' in the 'Send hardware change file (*.hrdwchg)' dialog box. The program creates and saves the COMPUTERNAME.hrdwchgfile. Then Windows Explorerstarts and the folder with the hardware change file opens. You can now use all the options provided by Windows Explorer: for example, you can attach the file to an email, copy it to a computer having Internet access and so on. Email this file to email@example.com.
After you have created this file, the Allplan license of your old computer will still be valid for two more days.
As soon as we have removed the registration, we will send you a confirmation by email.
- Create a registration request (register.txt) on the new computer and send this file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To generate a registration request, do the following:
Open the License Manager (Service application -> Utilities- > License -> License Manager). Select the license entry for your seat and click "Request license". Please follow the instructions displayed on screen. Complete the form. Do not forget to enter your email address.
You will promptly receive the license for the new computer (provided you have returned the license to us as described above).
Installing this license file completes the license transfer to the new computer.
The COMPUTER_NAME.hrdwchg file is stored in the following folder:
Allplan 2012 and earlier:
- Windows 64-bit:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Nemetschek\NemSLock2006\License
- Windows 32-bit:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nemetschek\NemSLock2006\License
Allplan 2013 and later:
- or C:\ProgramData\Nemetschek\NemSLock\HardwareTausch
How can I access the FTP server of technical support?
You can download data from and upload data to the FTP server.
To access our FTP server, you require a current Windows operating system. Do the following:
Please enter the following address in Windows Explorer (do not use Internet Explorer!):
1. Downloading data:
You can find our data in the /Download folder.
Right-click the folder(s) or file(s) you want to download and select "Save Target As ...".
Specify where you want to copy the data by selecting a folder on your computer.
If customers agree, we can provide customer-specific data in the /Customerfolder.
For this, you will get separate instructions.
2. Uploading customer data:
If we agree, customers can upload data to the /Upload folder.
- You can upload only files. You cannot upload folders to the server. If you want to upload an entire project, please save this project to a ZIP file first.
- You can also use Internet browsers to access the FTP server. However, there are some restrictions. Use an FTP client program (for example, FileZilla)to avoid errors. This makes it easier for you to upload and download data. See the following information.
- Login details for FTP program:
How can I move NemSLock Server to a new server?
Reinstalling NemSLock Server
- Start the Setup program for NemSLock Server. You can find the latest Setup program on our FTP server:
- Select one of the temporary license files for NemSLock server (for example, 1234567a_001_psd.nslsrv). These licenses are valid for 30 days. However, each license includes only one seat of each configuration purchased. The full number of seats purchased will be available to you as soon as you have installed the registered licenses (see below). If you purchased a configuration for one seat only, you will, of course, receive only one temporary license.
- When you opt for the “Custom” setup type, you can choose between the following program features:
You can use this program to administer NemSLock Server. The console can be installed on several workstations. This way, you can administer the server from a number of different locations. However, you can only connect one console to the server at any one time.
The actual license server.
This tool analyzes the log files of NemSLock Server.
User List Generator
You can use this tool to create the users for NemSLock Server from a text file or based on a server.
By default, Setup installs all these features.
- If your license includes configurations for several seats, you need to install the additional temporary license files for NemSLock server after the installation (see below).
Transferring the user administration from the old server (if users are available)
- You can find the user administration in the program folder of the license server. Copy the "users.mcf" file to the program folder of the new license server.
- Stop the license server service on the new server before you copy the file. To do this, start the "stopService.bat" program, which is also in the program folder of the license server.
- After copying, start the license server service again. To do this, use the "startService.bat" program.
Returning the registered licenses
- Open NemSLock 2006 Server Console on the old server by clicking the icon on the desktop or Start -> (All) Programs -> NemSLock 2006 Server -> NemSLock 2006 Server Console.
- Click "Stop server".
- Click "Modules".
- Click "Transfer license permanently".
- Confirm the following dialog boxes. Click “Browse”.Windows Explorer starts and opens the folder with the hcws-format file. Now you can use all the options provided by Windows Explorer: for example, you can attach the file to an email, copy it to a computer with Internet access and so on.Send this file by email to email@example.com.
- We will send you an email, confirming that we have received the licenses.
- You always have to return all licenses.
- After you have done this, they are only valid for two more days.
Registering the license(s) on the new server
- Open NemSLock 2006 Server Console on the new license server.
- Click "Modules" on the left.
- Select the seat you want to register. If your license contains configurations for several seats, read the notes further down.
- Click "Registration request (register.txt)".
- Click "Edit".
- Fill out all fields marked with an asterisk (*). Make sure you enter your email address correctly, because the registered license file will be sent to this address (and not to the address of the person who sent the registration request!). Click OK to confirm.
- Click "Create registration request".Windows Explorer starts and opens the folder with the "register.txt" file. Now you can use all the options provided by Windows Explorer: for example, you can attach the file to an email, copy it to a computer with Internet access and so on.Send the registration request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your license includes configurations for several seats, you must send a separate registration request for each seat. You will then receive a registered license file for each seat. You must install each file.
How to install licenses
- Open NemSLock 2006 Server Console.
- Click "Stop server" on the left.
- Click "Modules" on the left.
- Click ”Browse” to navigate to the registered license file.
- Click "Install license file".
- After this, you can start the server again by clicking "Start server".
Configuring the clients
- Now you need to change each client to the new license server.
- Click Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek SoftLock 2006 -> License Manager.
- If the license server window is hidden, click "Configure NemSLock Server"at the bottom. It is a good idea to lock this window. All you need to do is click the drawing pin icon.
- Enter the computer name or IP address of the license server in the empty box. Then click the "Update” icon to the right.
- Now the user can select one of the seats provided. Click "Close" to complete the configuration. Now you can start Allplan.
- After having successfully connected to the license server, clear the check boxes for the trial licenses in the area at the top.
- If a user selects several configurations for a seat and starts Allplan, the license server will provide the required licenses; in other words, starting Allplan once might require two licenses. Consequently, fewer licenses are available to other users.
- 2014-1 and later: If the latest version of License Manager is installed (file version 1. 0. 26. 153 or later, see License Manager- Options- System), you can also select several licenses. If one of the selected licenses is currently being used by someone else, the program will automatically select the next available license.
- Clients communicate with the server by TCP/IP via port 10977. So you need to configure the firewall accordingly.
- The license server and the licenses are downward compatible; they can be used in conjunction with older Allplan versions.
This document provides further information on installing Allplan 2017.
Backing up and archiving data:
We strongly recommend that you back up and archive all your data before you upgrade to Allplan 2017.
How to install:
You can find detailed instructions on how to install Allplan 2017 in the following places:
- After you have downloaded Allplan 2017, you can find the install.chm file in the Helpfiles\English folder.
- You can find the install.chm file on the Allplan 2017 DVD in the following folder: <DVD>:\programs\x64\Allplan\Helpfiles\English.
Please read these instructions before you install Allplan 2017.
- System requirements for Allplan 2017
- How to handle licenses when upgrading to Allplan 2017
Allplan 2016 introduced a new protection system. Licensing is now based on CodeMeter by Wibu Systems AG. You can no longer use Softlock, NemSLock server or hardlock with Allplan 2016 and Allplan 2017.
Some notes on installing Allplan 2017
If you want to switch from Allplan 2014/2015/2016 to Allplan 2017, you can choose between three installation options. We recommend using the second option: first-time installation and copy data from Allplan 2014/2015/2016.
1. First-time installation
This option installs Allplan 2017 to a new folder without affecting any other Allplan installation (2016 or earlier). Setup does transfer neither data nor settings to the new installation.
If you want to transfer data later, you have the following options:
You can uninstall Allplan 2017 and then upgrade from Allplan 2014/2015/2016.
You can integrate the data manually (requires administrative knowledge).
2. First-time installation and copy data from Allplan 2014/2015/2016
This option installs Allplan 2017 to a new folder without affecting any other Allplan installation (2016 or earlier). You can configure the program to automatically copy the office standard (\std), projects (\prj) and user data (\usr) from Allplan 2014/2015/2016 to the new installations folder.
This duplicates the data: you can use all projects, defaults and resources both in Allplan 2016 and in Allplan 2014/2015/2016. This way, you can test the new version without losing your 'old' Allplan version.
Bear in mind, though, that you should not mix data from different versions, as merging data later involves considerable time and effort.
2a. Continue with first-time installation and copy data from version
This option is available when you have already installed <Product_Version> and copied the data to a different computer that accesses the same data server. As a result, the data have already been transferred.
3. Upgrade and transfer data from Allplan 2014/2015/2016
This option installs Allplan 2017 to an existing folder, converting Allplan 2014/2015/2016 to Allplan 2017 and transferring all important settings. Afterwards, you can no longer work with Allplan 2014/2015/2016.
This does nor affect earlier Allplan versions (Allplan 2013 or earlier).
Installing on a network:
- If you work in a network environment (one common central file storage folder), you must upgrade all workstations to Allplan 2017. Therefore, make sure you can upgrade all workstations (deadline for Serviceplus agreement: July 1, 2016) beforeyou start installing.
- During the upgrade, Allplan 2014/2015/2016 must not be running on any workstation.
- When installing with Workgroup Manager, make sure all workstations are checked in before you start upgrading.
- Data from earlier Allplan versions must be converted. Allplan 2017 automatically converts the data of a project you open. Click here for instructions on how to convert all projects in a single step:
IBD 2017 is expected to be released with the Allplan 2017-0-1 Hotfix at the end of July 2016.
I have installed Allplan using the temporary Softlock license ("customer#_seat_psd.nslock") and "Trial" is displayed for its status in the License Manager.
How can I register this license?
You use License Manager to create a registration request and send it by email to email@example.com.
In response, you get a final license file. Installing this license removes the lime limit.
Below is a description of the necessary steps.
- Using the temporary license, you can start Allplan as a trial version. You can work with Allplan without any restrictions for 30 days.
After expiration of this period, Allplan starts as a viewer only. However, you can still request and install the final license.
- When running Windows Vista, start Nemetschek License Manager as the administrator:
Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek SoftLock 2006 -> License Manager
Click "License Manager" with the right mouse button and choose "Run as administrator" on the shortcut menu.
How to proceed:
1. Request a license registered for your computer
- On the Windows taskbar, click Start - (All) Programs - Nemetschek - Nemetschek Softlock 2006 - License Manager(or Services application -> Utilities -> License -> License Manager (NemSLock)).
When running Windows Vista, start License Manager as the system administrator: click Start - (All) Programs - Nemetschek - Nemetschek Softlock 2006 - License Manager.
Click License Managerwith the right mouse button. On the shortcut menu, click Run as administrator.
- Select the seat you want to register so that it is highlighted in blue.
Note:You can only register seats you have purchased. If you can see only seats with numbers between 90 and 99 (= trial licenses for temporary use), you first need to install the personal license for temporary use.
- Click License requestat top left.
The License Request Wizardstarts. The Welcome to the license request wizarddialog box provides information on the steps that follow.
- Click Next >.
The Customer detailsdialog box opens.
Note: Editing customer details requires administrator privileges. If you do not have these privileges, you will see a corresponding message. Cancel NemSLock License Manager and start again by selecting the Run as administrator option on the shortcut menu.
- Enter the necessary details:
- If the Client IDhas eight zeros (00000000) and the CD Keyhas eight capital F's (FFFFFFFF), you selected the Trial license for temporary useoption when you installed Allplan.
In this case, install the personal license for temporary use before you create the registration request.
- If Client IDand CD Keydo not match the numbers printed on your delivery note (for example, typing errors, small letters and capital letters mixed up), you can enter Client ID and CD Key manually.
- Fill out all the fields.
Make sure you enter your email address correctly, because registered licenses and replies to status queries of license will be sent to the address you specify here.
Note:Check the entries for Client ID(customer number) and CD Key , making sure these numbers are the same as those printed on the delivery note you received from Allplan. The CD Keyusually consists of the numbers 0 to 9 and the capital letters A to F.
Tip: You can also find these numbers in the personal license file for temporary use (*_psd.nslock). Open the license file in an editor and scroll down to the end of the file. You can then copy the license codes displayed after CUSTOMERand CDKEYto the Clipboard and paste them into the appropriate boxes.
- Click Next >.
- Select the Program, Versionand Seatand click Next >.
Note: If the Client IDis invalid (for example, when you use a trial license) you cannot confirm the dialog box by clicking OK. Instead, you will see a corresponding message.
- Specify how to send the registration file and click Next >.
Start email program ...
The program creates and saves the register.txt file before it opens your default email program. The program automatically attaches the registration file to the email and enters register (please no spam) @ (please no spam) nemetschek.defor the address.
Save the registration file ...
The program creates and saves the register.txt file before it opens the folder with the registration file in Windows Explorer. Now you can use all the options provided by Windows Explorer: for example, you can attach the file to an email, copy it to a computer with Internet access and so on.
In addition, you can see the data that were written to the registration file.
- Click Finish.
- Click Close to exit NemSLock License Manager.
You will receive a reply by email within a few minutes. This email provides information on the registration process and usually includes the registered license file.
Note: The registered license file is generated by an automated system. Consequently, any additional comments in incoming emails are not read. If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Allplan directly.
2. Install the license file
Shortly after you sent the registration request to 'firstname.lastname@example.org' as described in step 1, the final license file will be sent to the email address you specified in the registration request.
Install this license file as follows:
- Save the license file to any folder on the hard disk.
If the license comes as a zip file, extract it.
- Next, install the license file by double-clicking it ("customer#_seat.nslock").
Confirm the dialog box.
- As an alternative, you can also use License Manager to install the license file (Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek SoftLock 2006 -> License Manager).
Click "Install - Install license" at top left in Nemetschek SoftLock License Manager and select the license by clicking "Browse...".
Click "Finish" to complete the installation process.
Do not use the same computer to register several license files for different seats. This would connect the seats. You cannot separate the seats again without the help of technical support.
What are the reasons why I cannot modify the format properties (pen thickness, color, ...) of elements in a DWG/DXF file I have just imported?
There are four reasons why these elements cannot be modified.
1st -the elements are smart symbols:
- To retain the smart symbols but still be able to modify the elements, select Modify -> Bonus Tools -> Smart Symbols -> Modify Smart Symbol(until V2006: Modify -> Bonus Tools -> Smart Symbols -> Modify Display Parameters) and click the relevant element. Now you can modify it (using Modify Format Properties, for example). For more detailed information on how to modify smart symbols, please contact us.
- If you do not want to retain the smart symbol, you can also resolve it: Modify -> Bonus Tools -> Smart Symbols -> Unlink Smart Symbol, select the smart symbol(s) you want to resolve and click the right mouse button to confirm.
- To resolve the smart symbols during import, select the file to be imported, click the"Options..."button,open the "Advanced Settings" tab (until Allplan 2008 "Advanced Transfer Settings")and select the"Smart symbol"check box in the"Explode elements" area. To confirm the dialog box, click OKand open the file.
2nd - theelements are composite elements:
- To explode a composite element, select Modify -> Advanced Draft -> Explode Composite Element. Select the composite element(s).
- To resolve the composite elements during import, select the file to be imported, click the "Options..." button, open the"Advanced Settings" tab" (until Allplan 2008: "Advanced Transfer Settings") andselect the "Composite elements"check box in the"Explode compounds" area. To confirm the dialog box, click OKand open the file.
3rd - the elements are on frozen layers:
- To modify these elements, you first have to set the corresponding layers to modifiable. Open the layer selection by clickingFormat -> Select, Set Layers.On theSelect Layer/Visibilitytab, set all the layers to modifiable.
4th - the elements have the "from layer" format property:
- To find this out, click an element with the right mouse button and selectFormat Propertieson the shortcut menu: pen thickness, line type or line color is not available for elements with the "from layer" format property.
- To modify the format properties of the layer, select Format -> Select, Set Layers and open the'Format Definition' tab. Check that the''Match from layer based on line style, pen, line, color assigned (fixed setting)"optionis selected in the"Layers' format properties" area. Next, select the layer on which the element resides and change its format properties.
- To remove this property, clickEdit -> Modify Format Properties, select the"Change 'from layer' for pen, line and color" option(pen thickness, line type and line color must not be selected) and select the elements.
- To resolve the "from layer" property during import, select the file to be imported, click the "Options..." button, open the"Advanced Settings" tab" (until Allplan 2008: "Advanced Transfer Settings") andselect the "From layer"check box in the"Explode compounds" area. To confirm the dialog box, click OKand open the file.
If you have any further questions regarding data exchange, this topic is described in detail in the online Help. All you need to do is press the F1 key. Open the Index tab and selectInterfaces.
How can I move NemSLock License Server to a new server?
If you want to run NemSLock 2006 Server on a different or new server, you first need to render the license ineffective. For this, you still require the old server. After this, you need to contact Nemetschek Allplan Systems GmbH in order to activate the license for the new server.
As soon as you return the license, the status of the existing license is set to trial for 48 hours; then it will expire.
Note:Transfer the license to the new server while the old server is still available.
Do the following:
- At the new server:install NemSLock 2006 Server with the temporary license files provided with the program.
- At the clients:Exit Allplan on all workstations.
- At the old server:return the license(s). Open NemSLock 2006 Server Console, click "Stop server", switch to "Modules" and click "Transfer license permanently". Then select "Next" and "Create". Click the "Send" button to send the .hwchs file you just created to "email@example.com" (provided an email program is installed and configured on this server). Otherwise, click "Browse" to open the folder with the .hwchs file in Windows Explorer. Now you can use any computer to send this file to the address mentioned above.
Finally, click "Start server". The existing licenses are valid for two more days.
- At the clients:for the time being the clients can continue to work with the old license server.
- At the new server:After a few minutes, our server will send you an email confirming that the licenses have been returned. Now you can generate registration requests for all licenses. Next, install the licenses.
- At the clients:Now you can switch the clients one after the other to the new server. To do this, open the License Manager by clicking Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek Softlock 2006 -> License Manager.
To transfer the existing users to the new server, back up the Users.mcf file, which you can find in the program folder of NemSLock 2006 Server, and copy this file to the new server after the installation. Prior to copying the file, stop the "NemSLock Server 2006" Windows service, copy the file to the program folder and start this service again.