Allplan does not start. When you open license selection in the license settings, you can see the following message: "Cannot find a license for running Allplan." Sometimes you might also see one of the following error messages: "This license is no longer available", "CmActLicense runtime system is not installed!" or "NemAll_DataResource20.dll: Start Error 102". Allplan no longer starts after these messages. How to solve this problem?
Check the following points:
On the client:
Open the license settings: Services application -> Utilities -> License settings
1. Has the license been blocked on the client?
Check the 'License selection' area to find out whether your license has been blocked. This is indicated by the symbol. If the license is blocked, Allplan cannot use it.
Click this symbol to unblock the license again. If you want, you can select the check box in front of the license to select it as a favorite. Allplan will then prefer this license.
If you do not select any license or if you have selected several favorites, Allplan will automatically use the first free license it finds.
2. Has the server been found?
Select the 'Find license server automatically' option. You should now see the license provided by the server.
Note: In some cases, such as VPN connections, Allplan may not be able to detect a server automatically. In this case, you can enter the server manually.
3. Is the local Windows service, which is used by licensing, running correctly?
If communication with the local Wibu service is blocked, Allplan cannot find the license anymore. This is often caused by the virus scanner.
So you need to exclude the "Codemeter" folder from virus scans. You can find this folder in the following path: C:\Program files (X86)\Codemeter or C:\Programme (x86)\Codemeter
Then restart the service:
Start CodeMeter Control Center.
To do this, use the Windows start menu and select CodeMeter -> CodeMeter Control Center. As an alternative, open Search by clicking the Search button on the Start screen and enter Codemeter.
CodeMeter Control Center -> Process -> Start CodeMeter Service
If the service is running, stop it and restart it.
On the license server:
4. Is the 'Start network server' option active?
Start CodeMeter Control Center on the server.
To do this, use the Windows start menu and select CodeMeter -> CodeMeter Control Center. As an alternative, open Search by clicking the Search button on the Start screen, enter Codemeter and press ENTER. A dialog box opens. Click WebAdmin at bottom right.
Enter Localhost:22350in the address bar of your browser.
- Select Settings -> Server -> Access serverin the Network serverarea and click Activate.
Update the license settings on the client. To do this, click Updateor open the dialog box with the license settings again. You should now see the license on the client.
5. Restart the license server service on the server
To start and stop the license server service, you can use CodeMeter Control Center.
- CodeMeter Control Center -> Action -> Stop CodeMeter Service
- CodeMeter Control Center -> Action -> Start CodeMeter Service
Update the license settings on the client. To do this, open the dialog box with the license settings again. You should now see the license on the client.
6. Is the virus scanner blocking the Windows service, which is used by licensing, at the server?
If communication with the Wibu service is blocked, Allplan cannot find the license anymore. This is often caused by the virus scanner.
So you need to exclude the "Codemeter" folder from virus scans.
You can find this folder in the following path: C:\Program files (X86)\Codemeter or C:\Programme (x86)\Codemeter
In addition, exclude the C:\Program Files\Allplan GmbHfolder.
Then restart the license server service:
If the service is running, stop it and restart it.
7. Check the firewall
Allplan communicates with the license server via TCP/IP. By default, communication is via port 22350 unless you change the port in CodeMeter WebAdmin. So you need to configure the firewall accordingly.
If a firewall is active on your computer, you must enable port 22350 for TCP and UDP. If the firewall filters in an application-specific manner, you have to enable the CodeMeter.exe license server service. You can find this service in the %Program Files (x86)%\CodeMeter\Runtime\bin Windows folder. Define the CodeMeter.exe service as an exception in the firewall. Some anti-virus programs also include firewall functions. If you are not sure, contact the manufacturer of the anti-virus program.
Allplan from version 2011
Parts of Allplan 2011 have been reprogrammed and are completely new. Allplan uses a graphics library, which has been developed especially for CAD programs and visualization tasks. Depending on the data type and application, the display speed of Allplan is much higher than that of earlier versions, and refresh operations are considerably shorter. What's more, you can create hidden line images in real time.
This new technology is not a one-to-one implementation of the software-based solution in the previous version. Instead, a hardware-based approach is used. When it comes to data processing, the graphics card takes on much of the work. The different behavior of these two technologies that may occur in some parts is inherent. Therefore, the resulting display and refresh operations may differ slightly from what you are used to.
General graphics card requirements for Allplan
To fully exploit hardware acceleration capabilities, you require an Open GL 2.0 and DirectX10 (chip-based) compatible graphics card with 512 MB or more memory. Although Windows XP does not support DirectX10, Allplan only requires the chip-based support of the graphics card to manage the graphics library. OpenGL 2.0 is used in 2D and in visualization windows. These changes employ the latest technology in graphic display, so selecting a capable graphics card, and using the proper drivers is essential.
For more information on graphics card specifications, go to:
Professional graphics cards versus Consumer-Level cards
Graphic card manufacturers typically have different product lines targeted for "gamers" and "professional users". While the hardware setup is very similar in case of both cards, there are key differences in their firmware and driver. "Consumer-Level cards" (such as Nvidia GeForce and AMD/ATI Radeon) are optimized for 3D games and technologically designed for DirectX10, as speed is more important than image quality.
Typically a 3D model in a game contains a low number of polygons with textures applied to them, while in CAD applications polygon count is high, and the image quality of wireframe models or shaded models is more important than navigation speed. Also, professional cards' memory usage is optimized for using multiple application windows, while in gaming this is not relevant.
Another key difference between the two product lines is the way they are delivered and supported. Professional cards (such as Nvidia Quadro and AMD/ATI FireGL/PRO) are built according to the video chip manufacturer's references, so you can always be sure that the driver delivered by the video chip manufacturer (such as Nvidia or AMD/ATI) fits your card.
The manufacturers of Consumer-Level cards (such as ASUS, Sapphire, Gigabyte, PNY and so on) may diverge from the chip manufacturer's references, so their drivers may not be compatible with the chip manufacturer's reference driver. Also, the product life cycle and driver release cycles are much shorter in case of gaming cards, usually 6 months up to 1 year at most and a 1-year warranty period maximum.
Example: comparison of graphics cards
Professional graphics cards / workstation
Professional graphics cards versus Consumer-Level cards
Professional graphics cards differ considerably from "Consumer-Level cards" for private users with regard to specific market segments with special requirements:
- Extensive application tests and certifications with CAD providers
- Optimized and advanced support for API as well as further developments
- Longer product life cycles and availability
- Direct product support
- Longer warranty period
Nemetschek Allplan GmbH cooperates with Nvidia und AMD to test graphics card drivers for the Nvidia FX Quadro/ Quadro and AMD/ATI FireGL/ Fire Pro series. These product lines are tested, certified and recommended for Allplan by Nemetschek Allplan Systems GmbH.
For more information on certified graphics cards, go to:
There are four different categories and areas:
|Graphics card||Application||Quality tests||Status|
|Gaming graphics cards||3D Games||Tested / not tested||Not recommended|
|Professional graphics cards||3D basis||Certified and recommended||End of life|
|Professional graphics cards||3D performance||Certified and recommended||End of life|
|Professional graphics cards||3D high performance||Certified and recommended||End of life|
Recommended graphics cards for laptops (Windows)
For reasons detailed above, we cannot recommend any specific card and driver combination for laptops. However, there are professional graphics cards available for high-end laptops such as NVidia FX Quadro & Quadro NVidia "M" or AMD/ATI FireGL & FirePro "Mobility".
These graphics cards are just as good as their desktop counterparts.
Laptops with Consumer-Level cards have been tested only briefly and cannot be recommended. We have had bad experience with on-board Intel graphics cards.
Graphics cards drivers for Apple Macintosh
Since Macs come with a default graphics card (on-board or gaming), and the drivers are bundled with system updates, we cannot recommend a specific card.
Graphics cards for MacOsX 10.6 (Leopard) or later and Boot Camp support Open GL 2.0 and DirectX10. Currently, there is only one series that is equipped with a professional graphics card: Mac Pro with NVidia FX4800 for Mac.
Notes for Allplan and Macintosh:
- There is no provision for a direct installation under Macintosh.
- Access to Windows must be straight from the Boot Camp installation.
- For performance reasons, Parallels Desktop cannot be used in conjunction with Nemetschek Allplan.
We kindly ask you to understand that Nemetschek Allplan cannot provide support for Boot Camp installations.
Installing graphics cards drivers (Windows)
Graphics cards only work properly if they have a hardware provider supplied driver (not system built-in driver) installed correctly. It may happen that remnants of a previous installation interfere with the current driver installation. If you experience display issues with the drivers listed below, please "clean-install" the driver again. "Clean-install" means removing all previous driver files before installing a new driver. Unfortunately, a simple uninstall may not efficiently remove all components of a driver. There are tools that can do it, like ATI's cat uninstaller or third-party tools like driver cleaner or driver cleaner pro 1.5.
Graphics card drivers for laptops (Windows)
In most cases, graphic card drivers for laptops are supplied by the laptop manufacturer, and graphic card provider supplied drivers will not install on laptops. This makes it practically impossible for us to test laptop graphics cards. If you are experiencing display issues with your laptop, and your supplier does not offer you a driver update, you might try - at your own risk - to tweak a desktop driver to work on your laptop. Note that this is obviously not encouraged by your laptop supplier.
Printing with Windows printer drivers is only possible in a restricted way or not possible at all.
Resetting all the files with the default values in question involves several steps.
Work through these steps one after the other and check whether the problem is solved after each step.
Check whether you can print a test page.
Start -> Control Panel -> Devices and Printers -> select the printer -> Printer properties -> General tab -> Print Test Page.
If you can print the test page but you still cannot print from Allplan -> step 2.
Carry out the cleanprint hotline tool.
Exit Allplan, start the Services application and do the following:
Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> cleanprint -> OK
If the problem still occurs -> step 3
Reset the plastw.dat file.
Exit Allplan, start the Services application and do the following:
Service -> Hotline Tools -> cleanstd: resets CAD defaults -> OK
Information is displayed. Confirm it by clickingOK.
question: would you like to reset all CAD settings? It is essentialthat you clickNo.
A dialog box with a list is displayed. Select the plastw.dat file and confirm by clicking OK.
Now it should be possible to print without any problem.
You can find up-to-date printer drivers provided by the printers' manufacturers on the Internet.
If you have problems with the printer, please download the current driver and install it.
Hewlett Packard: http://www.hp.com
I installed Allplan with Workgroup Manager on a new computer for the first time. When I start Allplan, I get the following message: The user profile "DOMAIN\user name" was not found. Temporarily, the profile of local will be used.
Therefore, I cannot access any project. What can I do?
You have logged in to the computer with a new Windows user who does not yet exist in Workgroup Manager administration of Allplan.
You need to add this new user to Workgroup Manager. To do this, log in as the administrator to the computer or use a different computer where a user has administrator privileges for Workgroup Manager.
Services application -> Workgroup Manager -> Administrate users -> right-click -> Create user
For the "user name", you can enter any Allplan user name, which can be up to 8 characters long.
For the "Windows user name", you must enter the name the user uses for login.
Important: If the user uses a domain for login, you must add it to the "Windows user name", for example, DOMAIN\user.
There is one Allplan administrator and any number of normal Allplan users.
A Windows user with any login name becomes an Allplan administrator if you go to "User group" and
select "Administrator"on the dropdown menu. Using this approach, you can also assign administration privileges to existing users.
You must enter the email address and the password only if the user is notpart of the workgroup but needs access to online projects (Workgroup Online).
Important: Click "Apply" and then "OK" to close the dialog box and the user overview respectively.
After you have created the user as an Allplan user, do not forget to assign the relevant projects to this user. Otherwise, this user is not allowed to edit the projects.
To find out how to
make several projects available to users: https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/0001cbd2.html
Why does ProjectPilot open with the following error message:
"Unable to create ProjectPilot control. Is the registry correct?"
The reason for this is usually an "external path" that no longer exists. When you start ProjectPilot,
the program tries to access the "external path", which is stored in the Windows Registry.
If this path no longer exists, you will see the above error message.
To correct this error, please do the following:
- Services application
- Service menu
- Windows Explorer - CAD program folder
- The path to the "User folder" is displayed in the window of the Services application. Open it in Windows Explorer.
- Find the "extern.cfg"file in this user folder and delete this file.
Now try to start ProjectPilotagain. If the problem still occurs, please do the following:
Start the services application -> Service -> Windows Explorer -> CAD program folder.
Open the "PRG" folder.
Find the following file: "NemProjectPilot10.exe"
Right-click this file -> select "Run as administrator" on the shortcut menu.
ProjectPilot should now start.
Try to start ProjectPilotstraight from Allplan. If the problem is still not solved, please do the following:
- Services application
- Service menu
- Windows Explorer - CAD program folder
- The Allplan program folder opens.
- Rename the "PRG" subfolder "PRG_OLD".
- Start installing the program from the current Allplan DVD.
- Select "Update installation".
- Select "Current license file".
- Set the setup type to "Minimum".
After installation try to start ProjectPilotagain.
During installation I get an error message saying that SetupSchedTaks.exe does not work anymore.
When I try to start Allplan or the Services application, the following message appears:
The program cannot start; api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing.
This problem is caused by missing DLl files, which are required by Allplan. These DLL files usually come with the operating system. You will only see these messages if the operating system is not up-to-date. These messages are not caused by Allplan.
Instead, this problem is caused by the KB2999226 or KB2918614 (Universal CRT) Windows updates, which contain parts of Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. Sometimes you cannot install these updates or they are defective.
If you have not yet installed these updates, install them now. In addition, install all available updates.
If you have already installed these two updates, try to install them again.
If the operating system is configured to automatically install Windows updates, some clients report errors during installation of the KB2918614 or KB29992226 package. These errors are caused by Windows, which blocks installation of files of the Visual Redistributable 2015 package. In this case, you must uninstall or delete the updates. After this, try to install the updates again.
If you cannot install the updates, do the following:
1. Deactivate automatic updates
2. Start -> Control Panel -> Windows Update -> change the settings -> never check for updates
3. Restart the computer
4. Download and install missing updates
5. Activate automatic Windows updates again
If you still cannot install the updates, run Windows diagnostics to check your system for update problems.
You can also install the updates manually. Use the following links:
Try this if you still cannot install the updates:
Regarding this error message, we cannot fix anything on the part of Allplan. These DLL files, which are required by Allplan, are an integral part of the Windows operating system.
Why does the "a connection to the Internet could not be established while checking certificates" message appear when I start Allplan?
The relevant computer cannot check the certificates.
According to a setting in the computer's Internet Options, certificates are checked by default.
If this check fails as, for example, the computer cannot connect to the Internet, some Allplan windows can take a long time to open.
If you have performance problems when opening dialog boxes in Allplan, clear the "Check for publisher's certificate revocation"option.
To do this, select "Start -> Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Security". All you need to do is clear the relevant check box.
The certificates' validity is checked for Allplan program files.
Certificates are used to confirm the authenticity and integrity of programs.
What are the reasons why I cannot modify the format properties (pen thickness, color, ...) of elements in a DWG/DXF file I have just imported?
There are four reasons why these elements cannot be modified.
1st -the elements are smart symbols:
- To retain the smart symbols but still be able to modify the elements, select Modify -> Bonus Tools -> Smart Symbols -> Modify Smart Symbol(until V2006: Modify -> Bonus Tools -> Smart Symbols -> Modify Display Parameters) and click the relevant element. Now you can modify it (using Modify Format Properties, for example). For more detailed information on how to modify smart symbols, please contact us.
- If you do not want to retain the smart symbol, you can also resolve it: Modify -> Bonus Tools -> Smart Symbols -> Unlink Smart Symbol, select the smart symbol(s) you want to resolve and click the right mouse button to confirm.
- To resolve the smart symbols during import, select the file to be imported, click the"Options..."button,open the "Advanced Settings" tab (until Allplan 2008 "Advanced Transfer Settings")and select the"Smart symbol"check box in the"Explode elements" area. To confirm the dialog box, click OKand open the file.
2nd - theelements are composite elements:
- To explode a composite element, select Modify -> Advanced Draft -> Explode Composite Element. Select the composite element(s).
- To resolve the composite elements during import, select the file to be imported, click the "Options..." button, open the"Advanced Settings" tab" (until Allplan 2008: "Advanced Transfer Settings") andselect the "Composite elements"check box in the"Explode compounds" area. To confirm the dialog box, click OKand open the file.
3rd - the elements are on frozen layers:
- To modify these elements, you first have to set the corresponding layers to modifiable. Open the layer selection by clickingFormat -> Select, Set Layers.On theSelect Layer/Visibilitytab, set all the layers to modifiable.
4th - the elements have the "from layer" format property:
- To find this out, click an element with the right mouse button and selectFormat Propertieson the shortcut menu: pen thickness, line type or line color is not available for elements with the "from layer" format property.
- To modify the format properties of the layer, select Format -> Select, Set Layers and open the'Format Definition' tab. Check that the''Match from layer based on line style, pen, line, color assigned (fixed setting)"optionis selected in the"Layers' format properties" area. Next, select the layer on which the element resides and change its format properties.
- To remove this property, clickEdit -> Modify Format Properties, select the"Change 'from layer' for pen, line and color" option(pen thickness, line type and line color must not be selected) and select the elements.
- To resolve the "from layer" property during import, select the file to be imported, click the "Options..." button, open the"Advanced Settings" tab" (until Allplan 2008: "Advanced Transfer Settings") andselect the "From layer"check box in the"Explode compounds" area. To confirm the dialog box, click OKand open the file.
If you have any further questions regarding data exchange, this topic is described in detail in the online Help. All you need to do is press the F1 key. Open the Index tab and selectInterfaces.
How can I output a test plot with different data types used in Allplan?
Allplan comes with drawing files containing test data that can be used for this purpose.
If necessary, create a new project and copy the drawing files with the test data to this new project.
Open ProjectPilot: Allplan -> File -> ProjectPilot - Admin.
Set the external path to the '..\New\Testplot' folder, which is a subfolder of the local Allplan program folder.
Click 'External path' with the right mouse button and, on the shortcut menu, choose 'Select external path'.
Select the '..\New\Testplot' folder, which is a subfolder of the local Allplan program folder: c:\Programs\Nemetschek\Allplan\New\Testplot, for example.
The following layouts and drawing files are available:
- Layout 1 - Test Plot Allplan Testbild / Allplan Test Layout
- Layout 2 - Test Plot Muster & Schaffur / Patterns & Hatching
- Layout 3 - Test Plot Allplan Testbild / Allplan Test Layout
- Drawing file 25 - Füllflächen + Stifte / Fills + Pens
- Drawing file 26 - Muster / Patterns (Version 2006 and later)
- Drawing file 27 - Schraffuren / Hatching (Version 2006 and later)
- Drawing file 100 - Allplan Test Drawing File (Version 2008 and later)
Copy these layouts and drawing files to the new project.
Select the relevant drawing files with the right mouse button and choose 'Copy to ...' on the shortcut menu.
Select the new project.
If necessary, create a layout, place the drawing files in this layout, specify an output device and and print the layout.
Make the following settings to ensure that the data is output correctly:
- Select "white" for the background color.
- Turn off "Color stands for pen" in "Show/Hide".
- Turn off "Surface elements in background of each document" on the "Selection" tab of "Plot Layouts".
- Use Windows drivers for printing.
- For HP plotters, select the "Avoid out of memory condition" or "Output as a bitmap" option in the plotter properties.
- For optimum color output with sRGB values, apply the settings described in the FAQ entitled Color adjustment - Windows drivers and Nemetschek vector drivers.
Colors in printouts can vary depending on several factors such as
- Output device used
- Paper used
- Ink used
- Driver type used (Windows or Nemetschek drivers)
In particular, colors can differ regarding
- Color display
Colors in printouts can even vary if you use the same output device but different Windows drivers.
On-screen display can be influenced by various factors such as different settings for contrast and color temperature.
As the possible settings are so widespread, you can see that it is essential to print out test data in advance.