I just installed an upgrade. How can I convert all the projects at once?
Back up all the projects beforehand!
Do the following:
- Exit Allplan on all workstations.
- Only when working with Workgroup Manager:
Log in as the Allplan administrator (sysadm).
- Start the Services application.
- Only when working with Workgroup Manager:
Make sure all the computers where projects are located are up and running.
To check this, select:
Services application -> Workgroup Manager -> Information -> Display Project List(the second column displays the computer where the project is located).
- Go to the computer where you want to convert the data and set the drawing file size to the maximum value:
Services application->Service ->Hotline Tools->docsize ->512 (or 1024, if available) ->OK
After data conversion, you can set the drawing file size back to the initial value.
- Start converting the data (use the computer where you have changed the drawing file size):
Services application ->Service ->Hotline Tools -> datwaprjs: convert data of all projects
If you reply "Yes" at the following two prompts, the program will convert the data of all projects.
The time it takes to convert the data depends on various factors:
- Number of projects
- Size of each project
- Performance of the computer converting the data
- Network performance
It is possible to start data conversion from several workstations at the same time.
When I create a hidden line image of an isometric view (Viewmenu -> View-> Front Left, Southwest Isometric Viewor any other isometric view), Allplan does not use the original dimensions so that the resulting lengths are distorted.
How can I make sure that Allplan creates the hidden line image based on the actual dimensions?
In accordance with DIN, an isometric view is calculated as follows:
Allplan chooses the projection plane and the axes so that all the axes are shortened equally = axonometric projection of an isometric view.
This is the case when all the angles are the same: 120 degrees. The result is an equilateral triangle. Each side is shortened by two-thirds or 0.8165. However, the edges parallel to the axes are usually not shortened.
Angle of the coordinate axes:
x axis: 30 degrees to the horizontal
y axis: 30 degrees to the horizontal
x : y : z = 1 : 1 : 1 (using a factor of 0.8165)
When calculating an isometric view, Allplan shortens all directions by the same value (x:y:z = 1:1:1), using a factor of 0.8165.
All you need to do is resize the result in the destination drawing file by the corresponding factor (1.22475) in the x and y directions. After this, all the edges are displayed at their actual size and can be dimensioned.
How can I output a test plot with different data types used in Allplan?
Allplan comes with drawing files containing test data that can be used for this purpose.
If necessary, create a new project and copy the drawing files with the test data to this new project.
Open ProjectPilot: Allplan -> File -> ProjectPilot - Admin.
Set the external path to the '..\New\Testplot' folder, which is a subfolder of the local Allplan program folder.
Click 'External path' with the right mouse button and, on the shortcut menu, choose 'Select external path'.
Select the '..\New\Testplot' folder, which is a subfolder of the local Allplan program folder: c:\Programs\Nemetschek\Allplan\New\Testplot, for example.
The following layouts and drawing files are available:
- Layout 1 - Test Plot Allplan Testbild / Allplan Test Layout
- Layout 2 - Test Plot Muster & Schaffur / Patterns & Hatching
- Layout 3 - Test Plot Allplan Testbild / Allplan Test Layout
- Drawing file 25 - Füllflächen + Stifte / Fills + Pens
- Drawing file 26 - Muster / Patterns (Version 2006 and later)
- Drawing file 27 - Schraffuren / Hatching (Version 2006 and later)
- Drawing file 100 - Allplan Test Drawing File (Version 2008 and later)
Copy these layouts and drawing files to the new project.
Select the relevant drawing files with the right mouse button and choose 'Copy to ...' on the shortcut menu.
Select the new project.
If necessary, create a layout, place the drawing files in this layout, specify an output device and and print the layout.
Make the following settings to ensure that the data is output correctly:
- Select "white" for the background color.
- Turn off "Color stands for pen" in "Show/Hide".
- Turn off "Surface elements in background of each document" on the "Selection" tab of "Plot Layouts".
- Use Windows drivers for printing.
- For HP plotters, select the "Avoid out of memory condition" or "Output as a bitmap" option in the plotter properties.
- For optimum color output with sRGB values, apply the settings described in the FAQ entitled Color adjustment - Windows drivers and Nemetschek vector drivers.
Colors in printouts can vary depending on several factors such as
- Output device used
- Paper used
- Ink used
- Driver type used (Windows or Nemetschek drivers)
In particular, colors can differ regarding
- Color display
Colors in printouts can even vary if you use the same output device but different Windows drivers.
On-screen display can be influenced by various factors such as different settings for contrast and color temperature.
As the possible settings are so widespread, you can see that it is essential to print out test data in advance.