- Why can't I create elements?
- Why can't I move a drawing?
- Why are elements not created correctly?
- Why does the program crash when I import a DXF file from the land registry office?
- Why is the outline of a circumscribed area not detected correctly?
- Why can't I calculate shadows?
- Why are elements not displayed correctly in animation?
- Why are parts of dimension text missing?
- Why do the contents of the screen suddenly rotate?
- Why can't I get a preview when I move or copy elements?
- Why are areas not calculated correctly?
Finding the reason for these problems:
Check whether an offset is set in the project settings (File -> New Project, Open Project-> select the project and open the shortcut menu -> Properties; Allplan 2009 and earlier: Tools -> Options ->Advanced Draft -> Settings). If there are offset coordinates, clear the check box.
Select Tools -> Measure(->)Coordinates.
Click in the middle of the drawing in plan view.
If there are very large values (for example, x/y/z greater than 5000 m), you have found the reason for these problems.
The system has problems calculating and displaying data with very large coordinates. The more data you have with very large coordinates, the greater this effect.
- Click Tools -> Options... -> Desktop environment -> Generaland select Optimize working with large coordinates(Allplan 2009 and earlier: Tools -> Options -> Global Options -> Miscellaneous tab -> Optimize working with large coordinates). After this you must restart Allplan. Otherwise, this setting has no effect.
This is a user setting you must define separately for each user.
- Usually, the best solution is to move the data towards the Allplan origin. Use the "Move" tool. When Allplan prompts you to specify the target point ("To point"), select Global point in the dialog line. You can find detailed information in the help for Allplan. Look for the Global pointtopic.
If the data are still not displayed correctly, do the following:
Exit Allplan -> Services application-> Service -> Hotline Tools-> cleanup -> start Allplan.
How can I transfer the NemSLock license permanently to a new computer?
Proceed as follows:
- Install the program on the new computer. Use the temporary license (xxx_xxx_psd.nslock) you received when you purchased the program. If you do not have a temporary license of the current version, contact your support team to request such a license.
You can then work with the program for 30 days – plenty of time to configure your new computer, transfer the office standard and projects and so on (you can find instructions in the FAQ database).
At the same time you can work with the program on your old computer without any restrictions.
- When you have transferred everything you need, return the license to us. To do this, use the old computer and click
Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek SoftLock 2006 -> License Manager
(Services application -> Utilities -> License -> License Manager (NemSLock)).
Click "Relocate licenses -> Transfer licenses permanently to a computer". This creates the COMPUTER_NAME.hrdwchg file. Send this file by email to email@example.com.
Tip: Click 'Browse' in the 'Send hardware change file (*.hrdwchg)' dialog box. The program creates and saves the COMPUTERNAME.hrdwchgfile. Then Windows Explorerstarts and the folder with the hardware change file opens. You can now use all the options provided by Windows Explorer: for example, you can attach the file to an email, copy it to a computer having Internet access and so on. Email this file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After you have created this file, the Allplan license of your old computer will still be valid for two more days.
As soon as we have removed the registration, we will send you a confirmation by email.
- Create a registration request (register.txt) on the new computer and send this file by email to email@example.com.
To generate a registration request, do the following:
Open the License Manager (Service application -> Utilities- > License -> License Manager). Select the license entry for your seat and click "Request license". Please follow the instructions displayed on screen. Complete the form. Do not forget to enter your email address.
You will promptly receive the license for the new computer (provided you have returned the license to us as described above).
Installing this license file completes the license transfer to the new computer.
The COMPUTER_NAME.hrdwchg file is stored in the following folder:
Allplan 2012 and earlier:
- Windows 64-bit:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Nemetschek\NemSLock2006\License
- Windows 32-bit:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nemetschek\NemSLock2006\License
Allplan 2013 and later:
- or C:\ProgramData\Nemetschek\NemSLock\HardwareTausch
How can I move NemSLock License Server to a new server?
If you want to run NemSLock 2006 Server on a different or new server, you first need to render the license ineffective. For this, you still require the old server. After this, you need to contact Nemetschek Allplan Systems GmbH in order to activate the license for the new server.
As soon as you return the license, the status of the existing license is set to trial for 48 hours; then it will expire.
Note:Transfer the license to the new server while the old server is still available.
Do the following:
- At the new server:install NemSLock 2006 Server with the temporary license files provided with the program.
- At the clients:Exit Allplan on all workstations.
- At the old server:return the license(s). Open NemSLock 2006 Server Console, click "Stop server", switch to "Modules" and click "Transfer license permanently". Then select "Next" and "Create". Click the "Send" button to send the .hwchs file you just created to "firstname.lastname@example.org" (provided an email program is installed and configured on this server). Otherwise, click "Browse" to open the folder with the .hwchs file in Windows Explorer. Now you can use any computer to send this file to the address mentioned above.
Finally, click "Start server". The existing licenses are valid for two more days.
- At the clients:for the time being the clients can continue to work with the old license server.
- At the new server:After a few minutes, our server will send you an email confirming that the licenses have been returned. Now you can generate registration requests for all licenses. Next, install the licenses.
- At the clients:Now you can switch the clients one after the other to the new server. To do this, open the License Manager by clicking Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek Softlock 2006 -> License Manager.
To transfer the existing users to the new server, back up the Users.mcf file, which you can find in the program folder of NemSLock 2006 Server, and copy this file to the new server after the installation. Prior to copying the file, stop the "NemSLock Server 2006" Windows service, copy the file to the program folder and start this service again.