How can I use a license server license outside the office (for example, when working with my own computer from home)?
Computers that are not on the company network must use a VPN connection to access the server.
You can get licenses from the license server directly over the network or VPN.
Note the following points when you use VPN:
Communication with the license server is by TCP/IP via port 22350.
Make sure that the VPN connection does not switch to sleep mode. Otherwise, it is better to borrow a license by using VPN instead of getting the license directly from the server.
You can use only iPv4 for the VPN connection; iPv6 is not supported by Allplan.
The firewall must be configured on both sides - client and server - so that the connection is allowed. Otherwise, add the port as an exception to the firewall.
Allplan automatically finds the license server on the local network. If you have not selected a license, Allplan automatically selects the first available license.
After having installed Allplan on the clients, you can use the “License Settings” dialog box to configure license selection.
Services application -> Utilities -> License settings
Find license server automatically:
When you select this option, Allplan automatically detects a license server on the LAN. In some cases, such as VPN connections, Allplan might not be able to detect a server automatically. In this case, you can enter the server manually (see Additional server name).
Note: Only the Windows administrator can change this option.
Additional server name:
If “Find license server automatically” is not selected or Allplan has not automatically found a license server, you can manually enter the name or the IP address of the server. Enter only the name or the IP address of the server; do not enter a UNC path. After having entered the server name, click “Update” to see the licenses of the license server. Use semicolons to separate several server names.
If the license is visible and the connection is stable, you can get the license directly from the server when you start Allplan. If the connection is not stable, we recommend that you borrow a license. To get instructions, use the following link:
VPN is not useful for common project storage, but you can use VPN to get a license.
What are the advantages of the new licensing method?
- Better protection; easier to use (for example, when you want to transfer the license to a different computer).
What is the Product Key?
- The Product Key is a unique, 26-digit character string. You can use it to activate a license for Allplan.
How do I get my Product Key(s)?
- If you are the administrator of your company, you can find your Product Key at https://connect.allplan.com/licence. If you are a new customer, you will receive an additional email with your Product Key. For more information, go tohttps://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618130717.html
How do I transfer my activated license to a different computer or to a new computer?
- Before you can transfer the license to a different computer, you first have to return the license on the computer where you originally activated it. Then you can enter the Product Key on a different computer, activating the license there. For more information, go to https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618131629.html
How do install Allplan or activate my license on a computer without Internet access?
- The easiest way to activate and return Allplan licenses is to do this online. In other words, the computer has Internet access. However, you can also activate Allplan on a computer without Internet access. For more information, go to https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618131413.html
How can I update a license (for example, after I have purchased an additional option)?
- Open the 'License settings' dialog box. Go to the 'License activation' area and click the license you want to update. Then click 'Update license'. For more information, go to https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618142528.html
Can I still use hardlocks?
- No, you can't. Allplan 2016 no longer supports hardlocks.
How do I install Allplan as a trial version?
- Download Allplan 2016 from Allplan Connect. You will receive the Product Key for the trial version by email.
I have some questions about large radii of circles:
How can I display them so that they are completely circular?
How can I transfer them correctly using PDF export?
How can I display them correctly in printouts?
What large radii of circles look like depends on the settings in the ‘Options’.
Select Tools -> Options -> Desktop environment -> Display ->Hardware acceleration -> graphics -> Speed / quality and move the slide bar to the right: ‘Perfect’ setting.
When it comes to PFD files, you can use the settings in the ‘PDF Export’ dialog box to define how large radii of circles look.
Select the Export document of better qualitycheck box in this dialog box.
When it comes to printouts, you can use the settings in the palette to define how large radii of circles look.
Do the following: Create -> Layout Editor -> Print Layouts -> ‘Printer’ tab- More settingsarea
Select the ‘Print at highest quality’ check box.