How can I work together on a project with a partner from another country?
Using Allplan 2019 and later, you can work on projects across countries.
You get an error message at program start that the UID(xx) of the new user is greater than the current maximum UID(xx). How can you increase the maximum number?
By default, Allplan with Workgroupmanager can manage a maximum of 128 CAD users.
However, since version 2008, it has been possible to increase the number of Workgroupmanager users to up to 992 CAD users.
To do this, you need to create the file nemusers.cfg in the Net folder of Allplan's central file storage.
You can see the path of the central file storage in the Allmenu/Service Application window.
If the file with the name "nemusers.cfg" exist (the file type does not matter) already, then the value noted in the file is important.
In this case, check the entered value and increase it in 32 steps up to max. 992.
If the file does not exist, create this file, open it and enter a value in 32 steps e.g. 128, 160 or 192...
The windows for options and the window for IFC import and export are closed immediately when opened. How can this issue be solved?
1. HP computer
If you are using an HP (Hewlett-Packard) computer, please take these steps. Otherwise proceed to number 2.
Check whether the security software "HP ProtectTools" is installed on this computer. If yes, then uninstall "HP ProtectTools". This software suite consists of several progams. In most cases, these programs are:
- HP ProtectTools Device Access Manager
- Embedded Security for HP
- Face Recognition for HP ProtectTools
- File Sanitizer For HP ProtectTools
- Privacy Manager for HP ProtectTools
- Theft Recovery
- Drive Encryption for HP ProtectTools
- HP ProtectTools Security Manager
It is possible that more or less HP software than the listed is installed. When you uninstall the "HP ProtectTools Security Manager", no other dependent software should be listed during uninstallation.
If there is dependent software listed during uninstallation, please uninstall these programs first. As the last step, "HP ProtectTools Security Manager" should be uninstalled.
An example message, listing dependent software which is still installed:
Important notice: Please restart the computer to complete uninstalling the software.
2. Dell computer
If you are using a Dell computer, please take these steps. Otherwise contact the Allplan support.
Check whether the security software "Dell Data Protection" is installed on this computer. If yes, then uninstall "Dell Data Protection". This software suite consists of several progams. In most cases, these programs are:
- Dell Data Protection | Security Tools Authentication
- Dell Data Protection | Security Tools
It is possible that more or less Dell software than the listed is installed. When you uninstall the "Dell Data Protection", no other dependent software should be listed during uninstallation.
If there is dependent software listed during uninstallation, please uninstall these programs first. As the last step, "Dell Data Protection" should be uninstalled.
An example message, listing dependent software which is still installed:
Important notice: Please restart the computer to complete uninstalling the software.
HP ProtectTools Security Suite was developed by McAfee in cooperation with HP. It is pre-installed on most HP business notebooks and on some HP desktop computers.
HP ProtectTools are using Full Volume Encryption (FVE) by McAfee Safeboot, which changes the Win32 API behaviour. This causes problems in Allplan.
Also Dell is using similar mechanisms for the Dell Data Protection Suite. They have the same influence on Allplan.
Please note that these programs in either case have negative effects on stability and functionality of Allplan, even if you might not notice it (example: working options and IFC windows in different Allplan version).
Several users require Allplan administrator privileges in an installation with Workgroup Manager.
There are normal users and Allplan administrators in Allplan installations with Workgroup Manager.
Allplan administrators are:
- Windows users with any login name who are granted administrative rights in the Workgroup Manager administration.
In other words, a Windows user with Windows administrator privileges does not necessarily have to be an Allplan administrator at the same time.
We do not recommend that several users work with Allplan administrator privileges at the same time, making it difficult to manage and protect the office standard, that is, the global settings. See solution 1.
However, if it is essential that several users are Allplan administrators, see solution 2.
There is one Allplan administrator and normal Allplan users.
As the owner of a project has advanced rights in this project, you can define a user as the owner in a project and set the required resources to 'project'.
File -> New Project, Open Project... -> right-click the project you need -> Properties ... -> Path settings
Set the required resources to project.
You can also make these settings when you create a project or in ProjectPilot.
In addition to the Allplan administrator, another user (the owner of the project) can now define settings in the project.
- There are two standards for the definitions set to project: office and project.
- It is only the Allplan administrator who can make changes in the office standard.
Windows users with any login name are set up as Allplan administrators.
First, set up the Windows user as an Allplan user.
Services application -> Workgroup Manager -> Administrate users -> right-click->Create user
For the "user name", you can enter any Allplan user name, which can be up to 8 characters long.
For the "Windows user name", you must enter the name the user uses for login.
Important: If the user uses a domain for login, you must add it to the "Windows user name", for example, DOMAIN\user.
Grant the administration privilege to the "user group":
select "Administrator"on the dropdown menu. Using this approach, you can also assign the administration privilege to existing users.
Important: Click "Apply" and then "OK" to close the dialog box and the user overview, respectively.
Allplan starts as a viewer. What can I do?
Do the following:
1. The Allplan license folder contains the servcfg.nse file.
Open this folder:
Services application -> Service -> Windows Explorer -> General program data (ETC, LIC) -> License.
Delete the servcfg.nse file from this folder.
2. Install the new, appropriate license, which you can find in the attached file. Save the license to a folder on your computer and install it as follows:
Services application -> Utilities -> License -> Install HARDLOCK License
3. Check that the light indicator of the connected USB dongle (blue or white stick) is on all the time. To test it, you can connect the dongle to a different port.
4. Install the current hardlock driver if the light indicator is off.
You can find detailed instructions here:
5. Select the Services application -> Utilities -> License -> License settings -> Licenses.
Check if "Allplan FT" is displayed in the white window on the left. If this is so, Allplan has accepted the dongle.
If this is not so, send the logmes.nse file, info.001 file and the new servcfg.nse file (license folder) to email@example.com
After I have updated the driver of a graphics card from the Nvidia Quadro or GeForce series, I cannot start Allplan anymore.
I can see numerous error messages. What can I do?
Allplan no longer starts after you have installed a current driver of the Nvidia GeForce or Nvidia Quadro WHQL series.
You can solve the problem as follows:
For customers running Allplan 2014:
Install at least version 2014-1-3. This version works with the drivers mentioned above.
For customers running Allplan 2013 or an earlier version:
Start the Services application.
Select Service -> Windows Explorer -> General program data.
(Allplan 2012: Services application -> Service -> Windows Explorer (program folder))
Open the ETC folder and then the "Shaders" folder, for example, C:\ProgramData\Nemetschek\Allplan\2013\Etc\Shaders.
Find the "Postprocess.frag" file and rename it "Postprocess.OLD".
Copy the "Postprocess.frag" file, which you can find attached to this FAQ, into the "Shaders" folder.
A note on Allplan 2014-1-3:
Download this version from Allplan Connect or from the FTP server.
Copy this link and paste it into the address bar of Windows Explorer. Then press ENTER.
This opens the folder on our FTP server.
Select the appropriate file (for example, 'DoWn-allplan2014-1-3_x64-cad.zip' for 64-bit systems) and select Edit -> Copy (Ctrl+C). (If you run the Windows 32-bit system, download the other file.)
Switch to a folder on your computer and select Edit -> Paste (Ctrl+V).
After having downloaded the file, you can decompress it and start installing it by double-clicking the exe file.
To download large files, you can also use a download client, such as Filezilla (http://filezilla-project.org/).
How can I remove NemSLock completely from a computer?
Do the following:
- Uninstall Softlock 2006 by clicking Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features.
Select "Nemetschek SoftLock 2006" and then click "Uninstall/Change". Select "Remove" -> Next -> Yes.
- Extract the "NSLFixer2006.zip" file attached and copy it to any folder on your computer. If your email provider or firewall software has blocked this file, you can also download it from our webdrive. Use this link:
The tool "NSLFixer2006.exe" is under Allgemein/Nemslock
(click on the right hand side next to file size on the three dots and chose 'herunterladen')
- Start NSLFixer2006.exe by double-clicking it.
If you are running Windows Vista or a newer operating system, click the program with the right mouse button and select "Run as administrator". Confirm the following message.
- Create the key by clicking "Generate/Enter a key" (1).
- Select the line to the right of "Generate/Enter a key" (2), "1F02E74917D3F6E7348C1F02E74917D35E2599A254864A233C549A25ADD2EDFD", for example, and press "Ctrl+C". Paste this key into an email and send it to "firstname.lastname@example.org".
- We will send you another key. Please copy this key to the second line (3). If you need to restart the program, paste the key you created into the first line (see step 3, do not click "Generate/Enter a key" again!). Then click "Validate twin key" (4). After you have done this, you should see the following message: "System cleaned. Reinstall NemSLock".
- Update your current Allplan version. Use the temporary license file ("psd" can be found in its file name). You can also find your current temporary licenses at www.connect.allplan.com. Go to "Profile -> License administration".
Students should use the Allplan Setup program which they can download from Allplan Campus (http://www.allplan-campus.com -> log on -> select "Software" at the top -> download Allplan). Use the trial license provided by Setup.
After this, request a new license by sending a new registration request (Services application -> Utilities -> License -> License Manager). Select the license entry for your seat and click "Request license".
If you work with a license server, reconnect the client with the server.
What are the advantages of the new licensing method?
- Better protection; easier to use (for example, when you want to transfer the license to a different computer).
What is the Product Key?
- The Product Key is a unique, 26-digit character string. You can use it to activate a license for Allplan.
How do I get my Product Key(s)?
- If you are the administrator of your company, you can find your Product Key at https://connect.allplan.com/licence. If you are a new customer, you will receive an additional email with your Product Key. For more information, go tohttps://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618130717.html
How do I transfer my activated license to a different computer or to a new computer?
- Before you can transfer the license to a different computer, you first have to return the license on the computer where you originally activated it. Then you can enter the Product Key on a different computer, activating the license there. For more information, go to https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618131629.html
How do install Allplan or activate my license on a computer without Internet access?
- The easiest way to activate and return Allplan licenses is to do this online. In other words, the computer has Internet access. However, you can also activate Allplan on a computer without Internet access. For more information, go to https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618131413.html
How can I update a license (for example, after I have purchased an additional option)?
- Open the 'License settings' dialog box. Go to the 'License activation' area and click the license you want to update. Then click 'Update license'. For more information, go to https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618142528.html
Can I still use hardlocks?
- No, you can't. Allplan 2016 no longer supports hardlocks.
How do I install Allplan as a trial version?
- Download Allplan 2016 from Allplan Connect. You will receive the Product Key for the trial version by email.
How can I give individual users the right to see and select specific seats on the license server? And how can I deny users this right?
Sometimes, it may be necessary that a specific user does not see the seat with, for example, the terrain option so that this user cannot use this seat inadvertently.
Using WebAdmin, you can give users rights for specific seats on the license server.
Please note the following points:
1. Before you start, check that at least CodeMeter Version 6.50 is installed on the license server.
Start CodeMeter Control Centeron the server.
To do this, use the Windows start menu and select CodeMeter -> CodeMeter Control Center. As an alternative, open Search by clicking the Search button on the Start screen. Enter Codemeter and press ENTER. Select Help -> About to see which version of CodeMeter is installed. If the version displayed is older than version 6.50, you must install the latest version of CodeMeter Control Center. Go to the following website
and download the CodeMeter User Runtime for Windowsprogram.
2. Open WebAdmin. Start CodeMeter Control Centeron the server again.
To do this, use the Windows start menu and select CodeMeter -> CodeMeter Control Center. As an alternative, open Search by clicking the Search button on the Start screen, enter Codemeter and press ENTER. A dialog box opens. Click WebAdminat bottom right.
Enter Localhost:22350in the address bar of your browser.
3. Go to "Configuration -> Server -> License Access Permissions".
Select Mode: Advanced.
4. Go to "Advanced Mode Configuration -> Specific access rules -> Add Firm Code"and select "6000100 - Allplan GmbH". Click Add. "Specific access rules"now inlcude "6000100 - Allplan GmbH".
5. Click "Add Product Code"to select the seat for which you want to define access rights. However, this is only possible if the "Distinction based on Product Item Text" check box is selected.
The "Note" section below in this FAQ lists the abbreviations given at the end of each seat. These abbreviations represent the license contents.
Select the required seat and click "Add" again. Repeat these steps to assign more seats.
6. After having defined the product code, you can now assign an access rule.
By default, all users are allowedto access this seat.
Select the product code you just defined and click "Add new access rule".
Click "User" and enter the required user.
When you click in the field next to "User", you can see all available users with their domain names.
Select the user or enter the user manually. For example, enter DOMAINNAME\SSample and select the right you want to assign to this user by clicking "Allow" or "Deny".
If the default setting is "Allow", you can thus deny users access to the license. If the default setting is "Deny", you can thus allow users to access the license again.
You can add more rules. When you have configured all rules, click "Apply" to apply the changes.
7. You need to restart CodeMeter Service so that the changes take effect.
To do this, select CodeMeter Control Center -> Process -> Stop CodeMeterServiceand then click Restart CodeMeter Service.Before you restart the service, make sure all users have closed Allplan.
Client access can be defined by one of the following parameters: computer name, IPv4 subnet, user name or group name.
Enter the required parameter in the corresponding field. If you use an active directory, the program auto-completes entries in the "User" and "Group" fields.
Here comes a practical example:
Think about which setting is most useful to you. For example, you have two seats: seat 01 with 7 architecture licenses and seat 02 with 1 architecture license and 1 terrain license. Only two specific users should be able to use seat 02. If you want to deny all other users access to seat 02, you need to add seat 02 to specific access rules and define a rule for this seat 02. First, set the default setting to "Deny". Then, add these two users and select or "Allow" for these users. As a result, all other users can only see seat 01 and these two users can see seats 01 and 02.
However, if you want that these two users can only see seat 02, you need to add both seats to specific access rules and define a second rule for seat 01. Add these two users to this second role and select Deny for these two users. The default setting, which applies to all the other users, is still Allow. As a result, all other users can see seat 01 and these two users can only see seat 02.
The following abbreviations are used:
K Key Plan
M Bridge Modeler
L Cadastral plans for conduits
S Language option
A Architecture option
E Engineering option
Here are some examples:
"Allplan Architecture 2017”
Architecture + Terrain
"Allplan Architecture 2017 T"
Architecture + Bridge Modeler
"Allplan Architecture 2017 M"
Architecture + Terrain + Bridge Modeler
"Allplan Architecture 2017 TM"
How can I install additional Allplan workstations on an existing network (with or without Workgroup Manager)?
Before you install the additional workstations, find out the path to the central file storage folder on a computer where Allplan has already been installed. Open the Services application on this computer. The Services application window shows the path to the central file storage folder.
Enter this path when Setup prompts you to specify the central file storage folder.
Select "Minimum" for the Setup type.
- Make sure the version you are installing is the same as the one installed on the other workstations.
- In addition, make sure all workstations are running either with Workgroup Manager or without Workgroup Manager. To find out whether Workgroup Manager is installed or not, open the Services application and check the menus: if you can see the Workgroup Manager menu, Workgroup Manager is installed.
- Installing additional workstations does not affect the data (projects, ...) in the central file storage folder.
- If you add new users to a new Allplan workstation, do not forget to add them to the Workgroup Manager, too.
- Version 2014 and earlier: if one of the computers also serves as the Allplan server, you cannot use the approach described above to find out the path to the central file storage folder.
In this case, you will see the path to a local folder instead of the central file storage folder.
Use a different computer to find out the path to the central file storage folder.