Why is it not possible to clear the check box for 'Find license server automatically' and why can't I enter an additional server name? These functions are grayed out.
This problem is caused by Windows access rights. Only administrators can change these options.
If this problem occurs during Setup and you cannot select a license, start by installing Allplan as a viewer.
Granting permissions later:
Assign full control to the users.
Local permissions prevent them from accessing the following file: Lic3LM.ini
Check whether the users have full control of the following folder:
Click folder with the right mouse button -> Properties -> Security -> Edit -> select the user - > grant full control
Open the 'License settings' dialog box: Services application -> Utilities -> License settingsYou should now be able to clear the check box and enter additional server names.
How to install and run NemSLock Server?
Before installing, check whether the package you received includes the following items:
- Temporary licenses for NemSLock Server, e.g. 1234567a_001_psd.nslsrv
- Temporary licenses for clients, e.g. 1234567a_001_psd_client.nslock
How to install NemSLock Server
- Start the Setup program for NemSLock Server. You can find the latest Setup program on our FTP server:
- Select one of the temporary license files for NemSLock Server. These licenses are valid for 30 days. However, each license includes only one seat of each configuration purchased. The full number of seats purchased will be available to you as soon as you have installed the registered licenses (see below). If you purchased a configuration for one seat only, you will, of course, receive only one temporary license.
- When you opt for the “Custom” setup type, you can choose between the following program features:
You can use this program to administer NemSLock Server. You can also install the console on more workstations so that you can administer the server from a number of different locations. However, you can only connect one console to the server at any one time.
The actual license server.
This tool analyzes the log files of NemSLock Server.
By default, Setup installs all these features.
If you have several temporary licenses for NemSLock Server, use the server console to install the remaining licenses after the installation. The procedure is described in the section "How to install licenses".
How to register licenses
- Open NemSLock 2006 Server Console by clicking the corresponding icon on the desktop or by selecting Start -> All Programs -> NemSLock 2006 Server -> NemSLock 2006 Server Console.
- Click "Modules" on the left.
- Select the seat you want to register. If your license includes configurations for several seats, you must send a separate registration request for each seat. You will then receive a registered license file for each seat. You must install each file.
- Click the "Registration request (register.txt)" button.
- Click "Edit".
- You must fill out all fields marked with an asterisk (*). Make sure you enter your email address correctly, because the registered license file will be sent to this address (and not to the address of the person who sent the registration request!). Click OK to confirm.
- Click "Create registration request". Windows Explorer opens and shows the register.txt file. If this window is closed, you can find this file in the program folder of NemSLock Server. If you installed the program to the path proposed, the path is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Nemetschek\NemSLock Server 2006\Programs\License
- Now you can use all the options provided by Windows Explorer to copy the registration file to a computer with Internet access on the network. Alternatively, you can also use an USB stick. You can then email this file to us.
- Send the email with the registration request to email@example.com
How to install licenses
- Open NemSLock 2006 Server Console.
- Click "Stop server" on the left.
- Click "Modules" on the left.
- Click "Browse" to navigate to the registered license file.
- Click "Install license file".
- After this, you can start the server again by clicking "Start server".
How to set up users (optional)
- predefined user ALLis created automatically. If there is no other user, each user is given the privileges of the user ALL. By default, this user can use all licenses but cannot check out any licenses. By double-clicking the user, you can change the user's privileges.
- predefined user ALLallows all users to use licenses. In order to do this, the users must be able to access the server. You do not need to create individual user profiles until you want to assign specific rights to individual users or limit access to selected users. predefined user ALL. If you want to work only with individual users, you should deactivate the predefined user ALL by revoking the user's right to use licenses.
- predefined user ALL has administrator privileges unless another user is created and appointed as the administrator. As soon as you have appointed an administrator, ALL no longer has administrator privileges.
- You can enter users in the “Users.mcf” file. predefined user ALL has administrator privileges again. In addition, each user can once again administer the license server using the console.
- The administrator user is not a special user. If there are several administrator users, only one administrator user can start the console for this license server at any one time.
- If you are setting up users without giving administrator privileges to anyone, the program will ask you whether you want to appoint yourself as the administrator.
You can also specify a domain (user authentication for Windows server). However, this is not mandatory. If you do not specify a domain, the program uses the Windows user name for each user.
The program writes the user accounts and the associated access rights as ASCII text to the users.mcf file.
You can find this file in the \Programs folder of the NemSLock Server installation. You cannot rename, delete or move this file. If the program can no longer connect to this file, you must exit NemSLock Server, restart it and enter all users again from scratch. predefined user ALLis retained.
Experienced administrators can use the PowerShell script NemGenUsers.ps1. This file is in the \Programs folder of the NemSLock Server installation or you can find it as an FAQ in Allplan Connect:
How to install and configure clients
- Use one of the nslock license files you received to install the clients. Do not use the trial license or the license server license. It is irrelevant which of the client licenses you use, as the actual license will come from the license server later.
- You do not need to register the clients.
- When switching from Hardlock to NemSLock (server), you need to update the client using a nslock license file.
After having installed the client, you need to switch to the license server:
- Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek SoftLock 2006 -> License Manager
- If the license server window is not visible, select "Configure NemSLock Server" at the bottom. Lock this window. All you need to do is click the drawing pin icon.
- Enter the computer name or IP address of the license server in the empty box. Then click the "Update” icon to the right.
- Now the user can select one of the seats provided.
- After having successfully connected to the license server, clear the check boxes for the trial licenses in the area at the top.
- Click "Close" to complete the configuration. Now you can start Allplan.
- If a user selects several configurations for a seat and starts Allplan, the license server will provide the required licenses; in other words, starting Allplan once might require two licenses. Consequently, fewer licenses are available to other users.
- 2014-1 and later: If the latest version of License Manager is installed (file version 1. 0. 26. 153 or later, see License Manager- Options- System), you can also select several licenses. If one of the selected licenses is currently being used by someone else, the program will automatically select the next available license.
- Clients communicate with the server by TCP/IP via port 10977. So you need to configure the firewall accordingly.
- The license server and the licenses are downward compatible; they can be used in conjunction with older Allplan versions.
How can I activate my licenses for Allplan Online products and assign these licenses to other people?
1. Components required
Internet connection and internet browser
2. Purchasing licenses
You can purchase Allplan Online products in two ways.
2.1 Allplan Shop (shop.allplan.com)
Allplan Options, Bimplus Options
a. Specify how many licenses you want to buy and add the Allplan Online product to the cart.
b. Follow the instructions displayed and buy the Allplan Online product.
After you have bought the Allplan Online product, the licenses will be assigned to your Bimplus team. You can manage these licenses using “My Account” - “Subscriptions and Users”.
2.2 Contact the Allplan sales partner in your area.
3. Assigning licenses
You can manage your licenses for the Allplan Online product in the Allplan Shop. Go to the “Subscriptions and User” area. As an alternative, you can also use the Bimplus portal. Here, go to the “Team members” area.
3.1 Sign in to the Allplan Shop or the Bimplus portal.
• Allplan Shop: Select “My Account” - “Subscriptions and Users”.
• Bimplus portal: Select “Team members”.
3.2 Select the Allplan Online product.
3.3 You can now assign one or more Allplan Online product licenses to team members. Select the user in the list and assign the license by selecting the check box. You can remove the license at any time by clearing the check box.
If the list does not include the user to whom you want to assign an Allplan Online product license, click “Invite new Bimplus team member”, enter the email address of the new team member and select a role.
Important: Do not assign the role of team administrator to a new team member unless this is absolutely necessary. A team administrator has more rights than a project administrator. You can define project administrators in the Bimplus project and user management.
You can find the new team member in the list as soon as this new team member has accepted the invitation.
4. Managing users and assigning users to the project
Allplan Online products are cloud-based solutions. Therefore, the Bimplus user management is used for project collaboration.
To define the project members, use the Bimplus project administration. You must invite new project members to the Bimplus project.
If these Bimplus project members also want to use Allplan Online products, you must assign an Allplan Online product license to each project member (see “Assigning licenses”).
Why does the "a connection to the Internet could not be established while checking certificates" message appear when I start Allplan?
The relevant computer cannot check the certificates.
According to a setting in the computer's Internet Options, certificates are checked by default.
If this check fails as, for example, the computer cannot connect to the Internet, some Allplan windows can take a long time to open.
If you have performance problems when opening dialog boxes in Allplan, clear the "Check for publisher's certificate revocation"option.
To do this, select "Start -> Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Security". All you need to do is clear the relevant check box.
The certificates' validity is checked for Allplan program files.
Certificates are used to confirm the authenticity and integrity of programs.
I purchased a new license and received a Product Key for Allplan. However, I work with an earlier Allplan version. How can I install and license Allplan 2015 or an earlier version despite the new license?
Allplan 2016 introduced a new protection system. Since then licensing has been based on CodeMeter by Wibu Systems AG. You can no longer use Softlock (NemSLock) or hardlocks with Allplan. For running Allplan, you get a Product Key by email. Using this key, you can activate your license online.
This new license is not downward compatible. Consequently, you cannot use it for earlier Allplan versions.
For licensing earlier versions, you require the Client ID and CD Key. You can find this information in the delivery note or invoice. Instead of a temporary license, use the appropriate trial license to install Allplan 2015 or an earlier version. Then generate a registration request to license and activate the modules you purchased.
If you use a license server for which you purchased an additional license, please read the separate document or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will show you how to add the new license to the license server.
If you want to install Allplan 2015 or an earlier version, use a trial license to install the version you need.
Make sure the Allplan version you install is always up-to-date. In other words, it should include the latest hotfixes and service releases.
You can download the current Allplan version from Allplan Connect or the FTP server.
1. Install Allplan with a trial license
Install Allplan. In the 'Select License Information' dialog box, choose 'Trial license for temporary use' and select the license for 'Architecture' or 'Engineering'.
Important: If you work with Workgroup Manager, select 'Different trial license' -> 'Next'. Open the Workgroup folder for your country and select the appropriate license. Then follow the instructions and install Allplan. Make sure you enter the paths correctly.
2. Request a license registered for your computer
The trial license is valid for 30 days. It is not personalized.
Consequently, you have to enter your personal data manually when generating the registration request.
You can find the required Client ID and CD Key in the delivery note or invoice.
To generate a registration request, do the following:
Open the License Manager (Service application -> Utilities- > License -> License Manager).
Select the license entry for your seat and click 'Request license'. Please follow the instructions displayed on screen.
Note: Editing customer details requires administrator privileges. The system will issue an appropriate message. Close NemSLock License Manager and start the Services application again. To do this, click the Services desktop icon with the right mouse button and select 'Run as administrator' on the shortcut menu.
Enter the necessary details:
The Client IDhas eight zeros (00000000) and the CD Keyhas eight capital F's (FFFFFFFF).
For the Client ID, enter your customer number. You can find your customer number in the letteror delivery notethat came with Allplan.
For the CD Key, enter your CD Key, which you can also find in the letter or delivery note. Make sure you use small letters and capital letters accordingly.
Note:You can find the Client ID and CD Key at top left in the delivery note. The CD Keyusually consists of the numbers 0 to 9 and the capital letters A to F.
Fill out all the fields. Make sure you enter your email address correctly, because registered licenses and replies to status queries of license will be sent to the address you specify here.
Click Next >
For the seat, change the number 94 to the license you purchased, for example, 02, 03 or 04.
Specify how to send the registration file and click Next >.
Start email program ...
The program creates and saves the register.txt file before it opens your default email program. The program automatically attaches the registration file to the email and enters register (please no spam) @ (please no spam) nemetschek.defor the address.
Save the registration file ...
The program creates and saves the register.txt file before it opens the folder with the registration file in Windows Explorer. Now you can use all the options provided by Windows Explorer: for example, you can attach the file to an email, copy it to a computer with Internet access and so on.
In addition, you can see the data that were written to the registration file.
- Click Finish.
- Click Close to exit NemSLock License Manager.
You will receive a reply by email within a few minutes. This email provides information on the registration process and usually includes the registered license file.
Note: The registered license file is generated by an automated system. Consequently, any additional comments in incoming emails are not read.
3. Installing the license file
Shortly after we received the registration request, we will send you the final license file to the email address you specified in the registration request.
Install this license file as follows:
- Save the license file to any folder on the hard disk.
If the license comes as a zip file, extract it.
- Next, install the license by double-clicking the license file ("customer#_seat.nslock").
Confirm the dialog box.
- As an alternative, you can also use License Manager to install the license file (Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek SoftLock 2006 -> License Manager).
Click "Install - Install license" and then "Browse..." to select the license.
Click "Finish" to complete the installation process.
- Your registered license is displayed in the License Manager. Clear the check box for the trial license (for example, seat 94 or 98). Make sure your registered license is the only license that is selected.