What are the advantages of the new licensing method?
- Better protection; easier to use (for example, when you want to transfer the license to a different computer).
What is the Product Key?
- The Product Key is a unique, 26-digit character string. You can use it to activate a license for Allplan.
How do I get my Product Key(s)?
- If you are the administrator of your company, you can find your Product Key at https://connect.allplan.com/licence. If you are a new customer, you will receive an additional email with your Product Key. For more information, go tottps://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618130717.html">https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618130717.html
How do I transfer my activated license to a different computer or to a new computer?
- Before you can transfer the license to a different computer, you first have to return the license on the computer where you originally activated it. Then you can enter the Product Key on a different computer, activating the license there. For more information, go to ttps://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618131629.html">https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618131629.html
How do install Allplan or activate my license on a computer without Internet access?
- The easiest way to activate and return Allplan licenses is to do this online. In other words, the computer has Internet access. However, you can also activate Allplan on a computer without Internet access. For more information, go to ttps://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618131413.html">https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618131413.html
How can I update a license (for example, after I have purchased an additional option)?
- Open the 'License settings' dialog box. Go to the 'License activation' area and click the license you want to update. Then click 'Update license'. For more information, go to ttps://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618142528.html">https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618142528.html
Can I still use hardlocks?
- No, you can't. Allplan 2016 no longer supports hardlocks.
How do I install Allplan as a trial version?
- Download Allplan 2016 from Allplan Connect. You will receive the Product Key for the trial version by email.
After I have activated the license during Setup as described, the following message appears: "There is no license. Please correct your selection."and I cannot continue to install Allplan. What can I do?
After you have activated the license during Setup, go back one step and select "License selection". Your license is displayed in a window. Select this license so that a check mark appears. Then click 'Next'.
You can now continue to install Allplan.
During installation I get an error message saying that SetupSchedTaks.exe does not work anymore.
When I try to start Allplan or the Services application, the following message appears:
The program cannot start; api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing.
This problem is caused by missing DLl files, which are required by Allplan. These DLL files usually come with the operating system. You will only see these messages if the operating system is not up-to-date. These messages are not caused by Allplan.
Instead, this problem is caused by the KB2999226 or KB2918614 (Universal CRT) Windows updates, which contain parts of Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. Sometimes you cannot install these updates or they are defective.
If you have not yet installed these updates, install them now. In addition, install all available updates.
If you have already installed these two updates, try to install them again.
If the operating system is configured to automatically install Windows updates, some clients report errors during installation of the KB2918614 or KB29992226 package. These errors are caused by Windows, which blocks installation of files of the Visual Redistributable 2015 package. In this case, you must uninstall or delete the updates. After this, try to install the updates again.
If you cannot install the updates, do the following:
1. Deactivate automatic updates
2. Start -> Control Panel -> Windows Update -> change the settings -> never check for updates
3. Restart the computer
4. Download and install missing updates
5. Activate automatic Windows updates again
If you still cannot install the updates, run Windows diagnostics to check your system for update problems.
You can also install the updates manually. Use the following links:
Try this if you still cannot install the updates:
Regarding this error message, we cannot fix anything on the part of Allplan. These DLL files, which are required by Allplan, are an integral part of the Windows operating system.
What license issues do I need to consider when upgrading from Allplan 2015/2016/2017 to Allplan 2018?
Depending on the licensing system you use, you need to consider different points.
1. Upgrading stand-alone workstations
1a. Stand-alone workstation - upgrading from Allplan 2016 or 2017
The license for Allplan 2018 updates automatically. Start Setup and follow the instructions displayed. When you are prompted to select the license file, click ‘Use active license’.
Follow the instructions and install Allplan.
Note: Licenses only update automatically when you upgrade. If you want to install Allplan 2018 on a new computer, read the following instructions: https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618131629.html
You can find your Product Key in Allplan Connect as usual. Go to http://connect.allplan.com/license
1b. Stand-alone workstation - upgrading from Allplan 2015
Allplan 2016 introduced a new protection system. Licensing is now based on CodeMeter by Wibu Systems AG. You require a Product Key for Allplan. Start Setup and follow the instructions displayed. When you are prompted to select the license file, click 'License activation'. Enter your Product Key (26-digit code) and click 'Activate license'. By activating the license, you connect the license with the computer. Follow the instructions and install Allplan.
You can find detailed information at
2. Upgrading license server workstations
2a. License server workstations - upgrading from Allplan 2016 or 2017
Start by updating your license(s) at the license server. After this, upgrade the clients.
Check the version of the license server. If you use the license server 2016-1-4 or later, you can find the version number (Build-ID) at bottom left in the License Settingsprogram. The version number should be at least 1.614.x.x. If you cannot find the Build-ID, you work with an older license server. In this case, update the license server first. Download the software for the license server from Allplan Connect.
You can find detailed information at
After having updated the licenses, you can upgrade Allplan at the clients. Start Setup and follow the instructions displayed. The license server license will be detected automatically on the network. When you are prompted to select the license file, click 'Use active license'. Follow the instructions and install Allplan.
Note: You can only use an existing license server to update licenses. If you want to use a new license server with Allplan 2018, read the following instructions:
You can find your Product Key for Allplan 2018 in Allplan Connect as usual. Go to http://connect.allplan.com/license
2b. License server workstations - upgrading from Allplan 2015
Start by installing the license server. After this, upgrade the clients.
You can find detailed information at
Downloading licenses from Allplan Connect
You can find your license for Allplan 2014 BCM and the activation code for Allplan 2018 IBDin Allplan Connect. As an extra servicewe provide the old licenses for hardlock stand-alone workstations, the temporary licenses for NemSLock and the Product Keys for the new software protection system. Click
Profile > License administration.
Only administrators can use this function.
License for Allplan Allfa 2017
You will get your license by mail from email@example.com. So that we can create the license for you, please send us your IP address or the Host ID of the Allfa database server (Oracle)
I cannot see Allplan Share projects in the library. How can I still select these projects?
Open an Allplan Share project and do the following:
1. Select the required Allplan Share project and copy its path. To do this, right-click the path and select “Copy folder name”.
2. Open the library.
3. Select the external path.
4. Click “Add path” in the lower-left corner of the palette, enter the name of the project and select the Enter key.
5. The “Change location” dialog box opens. Paste the path you copied to the clipboard.
You can now find the Allplan Share project in the “External path” folder of the library.
You may ask yourself on which occasions or user actions Allplan synchronizes drawing files and plans with the Bimplus Cloud in an Allplan Share project.
The following cases apply to drawing files:
Drawing files in a share project are uploaded to the Bimplus cloud for synchronization if all three of the following conditions apply:
- A change has occurred on the drawing files
- The drawing files have been changed to gray or deselected
- Open on a project-specific basis is closed
If other users have the drawing file which meets all the criteria in case one, grayed out (i.e. it is passively in the background), then after the first user has carried out all three steps, they will automatically receive a message informing them that there have been changes to the drawing file. They can then either display or reject these changes.
If the other users do not see this message, they should make sure that they are using the latest version of their Allplan installation and that the check mark is set in the options for Options -> Desktop Environment -> Save/Load -> For changes in reference drawing files show message. If the check mark is not set, simply set it and restart Allplan.
In Allplan, click on Allplan A in the top left-hand corner and select Save all -> all drawing files that have changes are synchronized.
In this case too, as in case 1, a message is sent to all users who have the drawing file, to which all the criteria from case 1 apply, in grey (i.e. passively in the background).
Even if you simply open the function New project, Open Project, all drawing files that have been modified are synchronized
When you call up the Layout Editor, all drawing files that have been changed are also synchronized
The following applies to plans:
If drawing file contents in the plan change, then the plan is NOT uploaded - no need . Plans are only uploaded if either something changes in the plan layout (move or delete a plan element in the plan, etc.) or, for example, the scale or drawing type of a plan element is changed. The upload then takes place automatically when you change the plan or leave the plan layout.
In Allplan version 2018, these notes also apply accordingly; only case 2 for drawing files does not work in this version.
Why does Allplan become slower and slower while I’m working?
This might be caused by the Firebird database system installed on the computer.
The service of the Firebird Guardian - buhlMB database might cause Allplan to become slower and slower.
Enter “system configuration” in the search box in the lower-left corner. Switch to the “Services” tab.
Stop this service if you are not using the database application right now.
In a certain case, the performance of Allplan was considerably impaired only after a certain period of about 90 minutes after startup. It did not make a difference whether Allplan was directly used after startup or only later.