How can Allplan be operated under a QHD / UHD / 4K resolution?
Starting with Allplan 2018, a query will appear in the Allplan Start under a QHD / UHD / 4K resolution (from 2560 x 1600), in which you can decide whether the operating system scaling should also be used in Allplan. This choice can be changed at any time in the Allplan Options-> Desktop Enviroment- > Display-> Scaling of the user interface.
If this option is switched on, Allplan uses the scaling level, which is set globally in the display settings of the operating system. Side effects of this scaling can be slight blurring in the symbols, drawing elements, and dropped graphics in Allplan.
Please note that this functionality is only available from Windows 8.1 and higher.
Can I run Allplan on Apple computers?
You have to options for running Allplan on Mac computers: natively using Boot Camp or virtually using Parallels Desktop. Please note that Allplan supports Boot Camp only. For installations with Parallels Desktop, we merely offer an installation guide ("Allplan On Mac", see below).
- MacBook Pro or iMac
- Intel Core i5 or i7 Processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 20 GB free hard disk space
- AMD or Nvidia graphics card
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8
- Windows 7, 64-bit, Service Pack 1
In addition when using Boot Camp:
- Boot Camp Windows installation
- A blank CD or DVD
- The function of the DEL key needs to be moved to an existing key; otherwise, logging on to Windows requires an external keyboard.
In addition when using Parallels Desktop:
- Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac
- A license for Parallels Desktop 8 (you can request a trial license for Parallels Desktop while installing)
- Allplan On Mac setup file; you can download this file from Allplan Connect: connect.allplan.comde/support/downloads.html
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit license and DVD
- Allplan 2012-1 DVD or download
- You can find further information on Allplan On Mac at:https://connect.allplan.com/de/more/allplan-on-mac.html
There is no provision for a direct installation under Mac OS.
We kindly ask you to understand that Allplan cannot provide support for installing Boot Camp.
An installation with Parallels Desktop is subject to the following conditions and restrictions:
- The Allplan On Mac software is free to download.
- Setup is offered as a "technology demo".
- As this is a technology demo, Allplan does not assume any responsibility or liability for the reliability of the complete system in any environment; nor does it provide any technical support.
- There may be some restrictions in conjunction with some hardware combinations.
We tested the following constellations: Windows 7 64-bit | Parallels 8+9 | Allplan 2013-1
Allplan 2014-1 runs with Parallels 9.
Can I run Allplan 2018 on an Apple computer?
Basically, you have two options to run Allplan 2018 on an Apple computer.
1. Allplan 2018 with Parallels Desktop 13
Quality assurance at Allplan tested this option with the following components:
- iMac (end of 2015 or later)
- Intel Core i5, i7 or i9 processor
- 16 GB of RAM
- 50 GB of free hard disk space
- AMD graphics card or NVIDIA graphics card (Note: Parallels does not support OpenGL 3.3. Consequently, Allplan uses GDI+, and the graphics card is labeled as unsuitable by the system test.)
You can also use the following hardware, which was not tested:
- MacBook Pro (end of 2015 or later)
- Intel Core i7, i9
- NVIDIA graphics card
- Mac macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 or later
- Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac
- Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
- Allplan 2018-0-6 or later
Please note that running Allplan 2018 on Parallels Desktop 13 is much slower than running Allplan 2018 on a native Windows operating system.
Parallels Desktop 13 supports OpenGL 3.2. Therefore, Allplan 2018 must use the GDI+ mode, which is generally not suitable for architectural data. We do not recommend using this approach. Parallels Desktop 13 is available as a free 30-day version. So, you can test Parallels Desktop 13 for 30 days and see for yourself.
Important note: You cannot activate an Allplan trial license or presentation license with Parallels Desktop 13.
2. Allplan 2018 with Boot Camp
This option has not been tested by quality assurance at Allplan. With Boot Camp, Allplan 2018 runs on a native Windows operating system. Therefore, Allplan 2018 with Boot Camp is faster than Allplan 2018 with Parallels Desktop 13.
Make sure you use current hardware and software (Mac macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 or later).
We do not provide support for this installation.
You can find the software requirements and hardware requirements for Allplan 2018 on this page: