How can I permanently change the path settings presented for selection in specific tools (save, import)?
When you save, import and export elements or files, Allplan automatically proposes a specific folder where the data is saved or taken from.
You can specify which Allplan file type is saved in which folder. These folders are automatically presented in the "Save" dialog box of the relevant file type. However, you can change them at any time.
To set this proposed folder on an individual basis, do the following:
Select the Tools menu ->Options... -> Desktop environment(Allplan 2009 and earlier: Tools -> Options... -> Global Options-> "Settings"tab).
You can click thePAah setting sbutton to the right of Folders for savingto define defaults. You can choose Project, Private, Custom or Last for the path setting:
- Project: the file type is saved in the current project (not available for NDW and NPL files).
- Private: the file type is saved in the user's private project.
- Custom: you can specify any folder for the file type. To select the folder, click the path displayed in the Folder column and enter a new path or click ... in the Browse column and select the path in a dialog box.
- Last: the file type is saved in the path you selected last.
You want to get an overview of which Product Keys are valid for your respective workstations. Which ones are already assigned and on which of your computers the licenses are activated
You can find a summary of this information in our Allplan Connect service portal
(only possible with admin access to your company network, normal users in Allplan Connect do not have this access):
Call up the following link and log in to Allplan Connect.
On this page you can view the following information:
- WS/License number
- Product key with Allplan package
- A symbolic indicator whether the license is activated or free. The up arrow means the license is activated, the down arrow means the license is free.
- The last change when the license (or the last license update to the license) was activated.
- CodeMeter Container, in which Codemeter Container the license with this product key is activated on your computer.
But there is more information available:
- By pressing the button "Get license details for this product key" you can also view the computer name on which the product key is activated and other details such as expiration date and options.
- By pressing the button "Get license details for all product keys" this is done for all your product keys.
Note: Since it is a live query each time, it may take a few seconds before the result is displayed.
The license overview in Allplan Connect always gives you an up-to-date overview of who in the office is currently using which license and which license may also be free and can now be used.
Additional tip: You can find out the computer name of your computer quickly and easily using the Allmenu/Services. The computer name is displayed directly there
Please note that no license can be activated or deactivated via this page. You can only activate a license directly on the computer on which the license is to be used.
For instructions on how to transfer a license or activate it on another computer, please refer to the following instructions.
Why is Allplan running so slow?
Check the following points:
1. Current version
Make sure you work with the current Allplan version.
- Do the following or ask your system administrator to do this:
Open Allplan and click the ‘?’ icon in the upper right-hand corner. Click ‘Update Allplan’.
Select 'Find now'. If Allplan finds updates or hotfixes, download the installation packages.
- Deactivate the virus scanner while your are installing updates or hotfixes. This might require administrator privileges. Contact your system administrator if you have problems.
- Right-click the Allplan icon on the desktop. A shortcut menu opens.
Select ‘Run as administrator’ and click ‘Yes’ to confirm the following message.
As a result, Windows security settings do not block the installation.
2. System requirements:
Check the hardware and software required for your Allplan computer.
2.a)Download and run the system test.
Check the notes.
2.b)Check the Allplan system requirements:
2.c)You can find information about graphics cards at
2.d)You can find server operating systems you can use for the central file storage of Allplan at
3. Hotline tools:
Start the Services application, open the ‘Service’ menu and select ‘Hotline Tools’. To save your settings, select the following tools.
- savestd: Saves user defaults.
- savereg: Saves CAD registry settings.
Start the Services application, open the ‘Service’ menu and select the following ‘Hotline Tools’:
- cleanup: Initializes the display.
- cleanstd: Resets CAD defaults.
- cleanreg: Resets CAD registry settings.
Check whether this has solved the problems.
If this is not so, restore the settings you just saved. To do this, start the Services application, open the ‘Service’ menu and select the following ‘Hotline Tools’:
- reststd: Restores saved user defaults.
- restreg: Restores CAD registry settings.
4. Color scheme selected in Allplan:
Start Allplan, open the ‘View’ menu, point to ‘Toolbars’ and select ‘Customize User Interface’. Open the ‘Customize’ tab and set ‘Color scheme and icon design’ to ‘Windows’.
5. Check the availability of all projects that are not online (if you use Workgroup Manager):
Start Allplan, open the ‘File’ menu and select ‘New Project, Open Project’. Deactivate ‘Check availability of all offline projects’.
6. Virus scanner
Check whether an anti-virus program is running in the background of the computer or server.
If so, reduce protection to "programs only".
Scanning "all files" can take a long time, considerably slowing down your computer when you switch between projects or exit the program.
You can exclude the Allplan installation folders from real-time scanning.When you start the Services application, you can see a list of the folders to be excluded.
You can find more information at
Changes in the settings of the virus scanner only come into effect when you re-start the computer.
7. Aero desktop effects
Deactivate the Aero desktop effects of Windows.
To do this, open the Control Panel, select ‘Ease of Access’ and go to the ‘Make things on the screen easier to see’ area.
Select the ‘Turn off all unnecessary animations (when possible)’ option.
8. Name resolution on the network
If Allplan takes several minutes to start, name resolution on the network may not work.
To check this, do the following:
Right-click the Windows Start Button, select ‘Run’, type in ‘cmd’, click OK, type in ‘Nslookup’ and press ENTER.
Go to the line following the > character, type in the name of the Allplan data server and press ENTER.
The reply starts with the name and address of the server providing name resolution.
You can find the name and address of the Allplan data server in the second group.
If problems occur, contact your network administrator and ask him or her to configure name resolution correctly.
9. Speed of Allplan projects
Check whether some Allplan projects are slower than other Allplan projects.
Start with the empty project and check whether it is slow too.
After this, select any other Allplan project.
If it is only the current project that is slow, the problem may be caused by the data of the current project.
In this case, the data of this project must be analyzed in detail.
Contact technical support.
10. Network: checking out Allplan using Workgroup Manager
If you use Allplan with Workgroup Manager, you can check whether the problems are caused by the network. To do this, check out the workstation with the project in question and use the project on the local Allplan workstation.
You can find detailed information on checking out an Allplan workstation using Workgroup Manager in the
Services application. Open the ‘Help’ and select ‘Workgroup Manager’.
After you have checked out the workstation, Allplan no longer accesses the central file storage of the server.
If this has solved the problems, they are caused by the network. In this case, the network must be checked in detail.
Contact your network administrator and ask him or her to do this.
If the project is still slow, the problem may be caused by the data of the current project.
In this case, the data of this project must be analyzed in detail.
Contact technical support.
11. Log files and system information files
If all the points above do not solve the problems, technical support requires more system information about the computer running Allplan.
- So, we would be grateful if you could send us a support request (Allplan Hotinfo with Allplan logging).
To create a support request, start the Services application, open the ‘Service’ menu and select ‘Create support request (Hotinfo)’.
Several dialog boxes open. Select ‘Technical Support Allplan’ and ‘Enquiry with Allplan logging’. Enter all the data required. Finally, click ‘Finish’.
Another dialog box opens, prompting you to start Allplan. Click the ‘Start Allplan’ button.
Allplan starts, logging all processes.
Try to reproduce the problem as exactly as possible.
Exit Allplan as soon as possible, reducing the data in the log file to a minimum.
Then click ‘Next’ to generate the support request with the log file.
You can find more information about Hotinfo at
- To analyze the Windows system environment, we would ask you to send us the logs created by Windows Event Viewer of your computer.
To start Windows Event Viewer, right-click the Windows Start Button, select ‘Run’ and type in ‘eventvwr.msc’.
You can also type in ‘Event Viewer’ in the search box of Windows. This displays the link file to the Windows event logs.
Using Event Viewer, create *.evtx files for the application log and the system log in the ‘Windows Logs’ area and for the ‘Administrative Events’ log in the ‘Custom Views’ area.
Please send us the files.
After I updated Windows (8 to 8.1; 8.1 to 10), Allplan only starts as a viewer. What can I do?
Windows update corrupts Nemetschek Softlock License Manager.
To fix Allplan, do the following:
You need the latest installation package for your version.
You can download this package from our webdrive
You can find the installation packages in the following path:
Copy the zip file to the local computer and unzip the file.
Start the installation and run an update use our temporary license file.
You can download the temporary license from Allplan Connect:
After the installation, you can open License Manager again (Services application -> Utilities -> License -> License Manager). Next, install the temporary license (*_psd.nslock): "Install - Install license"
Note: the status of the temporary license is set to "Expired".
Next, create a new registration request.
To generate a registration request, do the following:
Open License Manager (Services application -> Utilities -> License -> License Manager). Select the license entry for your seat and click "Request license".
Follow the instructions displayed on screen. Complete the form. Do not forget to enter your email address.
Check that the Client ID and CD Key are correct.
Send the registration request to: email@example.com.
What can I do if Allplan does not start?
Work through the following steps:
Step 1 - run as administrator
Start Allplan with the ‘Run as administrator’ option.
To do this, right-click the Allplan icon and click ‘Run as administrator’.
If Allplan does not start, go to step 2.
Step 2 - cleanup
Allplan is not running. Start the Services application and do the following:
Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> cleanup -> OK
If Allplan does not start, go to step 3.
Step 3 - cleanstd
Allplan is not running. Start the Services application and do the following:
Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> cleanstd: reset CAD defaults -> OK -> OK -> Yes -> OK
If Allplan does not start, restore the settings:
Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> laststd: restore the last settings -> OK -> OK -> Yes -> OK
Go to step 4.
Step 4 - cleanreg
Allplan is not running. Start the Services application and do the following:
Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> cleanreg: reset CAD registry settings -> OK -> OK -> Yes -> OK
If Allplan does not start, restore the registry settings:
Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> lastreg:restore most recent CAD registry settings -> OK -> OK -> Yes -> OK
Go to step 5.
Step 5 (Allplan 2016 and later)
Restart the Wibu service:
Start CodeMeter Control Center.
To do this, use the Windows start menu and select CodeMeter -> CodeMeter Control Center. As an alternative, open Search by clicking the Search button on the Start screen and enter Codemeter.
CodeMeter Control Center -> Process -> Start CodeMeter Service
If the service is running, stop it and restart it.
If Allplan does not start, go to step 6.
Step 6 (Allplan 2016 and later)
Go to the Wibu website and install CodeMeter User Runtime Version for Windows (64-bit version).
You can find the installation program at https://www.wibu.com/de/anwendersoftware.htmlor on the Nemetschek FTP server ftp://nemhotline:firstname.lastname@example.org download/General/Wibu/CodemeterRuntime.exe
Start the ‘CodeMeterRuntime.exe’ file.
To do this, right-click this file and select
‘Run as administrator’.
Confirm all messages displayed and the defaults by clicking ‘Next’.
CodeMeter Control Center will be installed afterwards.
If Allplan does not start, go to step 7.
Step 7 - contact Technical Support
Send the following information by email to email@example.com:
- An exact description of the last step before the error or crash occurred.
- The error message itself (as a screenshot). To find out how to take a screenshot, look at
- A support request (Hotinfo) with question 01. To find out how to create a support request, look at
- The 'Allplan.out' log file. To find out how to create a support request, look at
- Allplan 2016 and later -> a screenshot of the Wibu Control Center. To do this, use the Windows start menu and select CodeMeter -> CodeMeter Control Center. As an alternative, open Search by clicking the Search button on the Start screen and enter Codemeter.
We will contact you.
What can I do if Allplan no longer starts after I have upgraded and the following messages appear?
After this, Quality Reporter displays an error report.
Exit Allplan on all workstations and do the following:
Open the Services application and make a note of the path to the 'central file storage folder', which is displayed in the Services application window.
In addition, check whether the workgroup manager line is followed by 'Yes' or 'No'.
Open the central file storage folder in Windows Explorer.
If the workgroup manager line is followed by
'Yes', open the NET subfolder.
'No', open the PRJ subfolder.
Find the 'project.dat' or 'project.Dat.xm' file in the NET or PRJ folder and rename it 'project-old.dat'.
After this, do the following:
Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> reorg -> OK -> Restore project management file -> OK
The program creates a new, correct project management file and you can start Allplan again.
If you come across error messages while doing this, please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Describe exactly what you did before the error or crash occurred.
- The error message itself (as a screenshot).
- The log file (trace).
- A Hotinfo support request with question 01.
How can I restore a lost building structure or layout structure?
To restore a lost or corrupt building structure or layout structure, you can do the following:
- Close Allplan.
- Open Windows Explorer, go to the central file storage folder of Allplan and open the "Prj"folder. Open the corresponding project folder and the "BIM" subfolder.
If the "Same folder name as project name" option is not selected for the project, a number is used for the folder name in the "Prj"folder. In this case, open the Services applicationand select the woprohotline tool (Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> wopro). Select the corresponding project by double-clicking its name. An information dialog box shows the folder and file name of the project.
- You can find an XML file for each structure in the BIM subfolder.
Objects derived from building structure:
Allplan_BIM_LevMo_"name of model".xml
- To restore the building structure from a backup, rename the existing file "Allplan_BIM_BuildingStructure.xml" "Allplan_BIM_BuildingStructure.xml.old", for example.
- Switch to the "Backup"folder, which you can also find in the"BIM"folder.
- Select the most recent file that had been created beforethe building structure was deleted, for example, "Allplan_BIM_BuildingStructure.xml.27.5.2008--10-32-21.bak". The characters in bold indicate the date and time of the backup. Copy this file to the "BIM"folder.
- Rename this file by deleting the characters after ".xml". Now the file name is "Allplan_BIM_BuildingStructure.xml".
- Restart Allplan. The last version of the building structure is displayed in the "Open on a project-specific basis"dialog box again.
Using Allplan 2009-2 and later, you can restore the layout structure from a *.bak file straight from the "Open on a project-specific basis: layouts"dialog box.
- Right-click the topmost structural level in the layout structure (project name) and select Load layout structure favoriteon the shortcut menu.
- Open the last version of the Allplan_BIM_LayoutStructure.xml file in the backup folder mentioned above.
If the *.bak files are not displayed, please follow the steps described above.
You have installed Allplan on several local workstations. Now you want to change the installation so that you can access a common network drive.
Before you switch to a network installation, it is essential that you back up all the data of all the workstations.
We strongly recommend that you take advantage of the expertise of Nemetschek’s technical support staff. We are happy to help you!
The following description shows how to change several workstations where Allplan is installed locally and the project data is also stored locally on each computer to workstations with a common network drive without Workgroup Manager.
1st - getting ready
Choose one of the workstations where you will install all the projects and the office standard (hereinafter referred to as the main workstation).
First, move all the projects to the main workstation.
1.a: copying resources into projects
To make sure that the projects in your office have a uniform appearance, change the path settings for the projects' resources to 'Project'.
Make the following setting for each project:
Allplan -> File menu -> ProjectPilot - Admin -> select the individual projects one after the other -> right mouse button -> Properties -> Settings tab
Set the path settings for 'Pen and line definitions', 'Fonts', 'Patterns, hatching styles, area styles', 'Bar and mesh cross-section catalogs', 'Layer structures, line styles, drawing types' and 'Attributes proposed' from 'Office' to 'Project', if necessary.
The corresponding elements are copied from the office standard directly to the project. This ensures that the project settings stay the same even when you copy the project to the new server with the new office standard.
1.b: same folder name as project name
Open the 'General' tab and select the 'Same folder name as project name' setting if you want to proceed as described in 2b.
1.c: pen color ("Color stands for pen")
The pen color for the "Color stands for pen" setting is a user-specific setting that is not saved in the project but in the user folder (...\Usr).
2.a: backing up projects of the individual workstations and importing them to the main workstation (recommended method):
Back up the individual projects. To do this, open the Services application and select Data Backup -> Create -> Entire folders -> Projects.
You can back up several projects in a single operation.
Before you start, specify the backup folder on the network or on the local hard disk: Services application -> Configuration -> Backup path ->Browse for Folder.
The next step is to import the saved projects to the main workstation.To do this, open theServices application -> Data Backup -> Import -> Projects Before you import the individual projects, you can create new Allplan projects at the main computer. As an alternative, you can also create a new project during the import.
2.b: backing up projects of the individual workstations and importing them to the main workstation (special approach):
This approach should only be used with good reason for exceptional cases as it requires in-depth knowledge of Windows.
With this method, Windows Explorer is used to import the projects to the main workstation.
If some project names exist twice, you need to rename these projects before you back them up.
You can then rename the existing 'project.dat' file in the Prj folder of the main workstation.
Next, select the Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> reorg -> Restore project management file.
The system creates a new project administration file (project.dat), which should list all projects with names.
Now the main workstation contains the latest version of all the projects of the office.
3rd - merging project defaults
Open ProjectPilot at the individual workstations and copy the elements you want to transfer (symbols, smart symbols, lists, schedules, and so on) to the external path. Of course, you can set the external path to a common network folder that can be accessed by all workstations.
Next, open ProjectPilot at the main workstation and copy the contents of the external path to the office standard.
4th - data backup
- Back up the projects, office standard and user settings at the main workstation:
You can also copy the ..\prj (projects), ..\std (office standard) and ..\usr (user folder) paths to a backup folder (Nemsic, for example) on the hard disk.
- In addition, you need to back up the ..\usr\local folder at every stand-alone computer.
- Export the user interface setting of each user to a file: Allplan -> Tools - > Customize .... -> Export...
5th - uninstalling
Remove Allplan from all workstations.
6th - reinstalling
Before you install the same version again, create and share a folder (Nemdata, for example) on the future data server. Create a subfolder - Allplan - in this folder.
The next step is to reinstall the same version on all the workstations.
Specify the following installation paths:
local (C:\Programs\Nemetschek\Allplan, for example)
Central file storage folder:
Browse -> Network...
Find the sharedNemdata folder and select the Allplan folder.
After this, start installing.
7th - testing the start and restoring the backup
After the installation (check whether Allplan starts), copy the ..\prj and ..\std folders you backed up from the main workstation to the new ...\Nemdata\Allplan server folder.
Next, use Windows Explorer to copy the contents of the former user folder (…\usr\local) of the stand-alone workstation to the new user folder of the computer you just installed.
8th - updating the project administration file
Go to the project.datfile in the ...\Nemdata\Allplan\Prjfolder and rename itproject.alt.After this, do the following:
Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> reorg -> Restore project management file.
9th - summary
Now all the workstations access a common network drive with the same project pool and office standard.
With this type of installation, only one user can access a project at any one time. If several users are to work on a project at the same time, you need to install Workgroup Manager.
How can I remove NemSLock completely from a computer?
Do the following:
- Uninstall Softlock 2006 by clicking Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features.
Select "Nemetschek SoftLock 2006" and then click "Uninstall/Change". Select "Remove" -> Next -> Yes.
- Extract the "NSLFixer2006.zip" file attached and copy it to any folder on your computer. If your email provider or firewall software has blocked this file, you can also download it from our webdrive. Use this link:
The tool "NSLFixer2006.exe" is under Allgemein/Nemslock
(click on the right hand side next to file size on the three dots and chose 'herunterladen')
- Start NSLFixer2006.exe by double-clicking it.
If you are running Windows Vista or a newer operating system, click the program with the right mouse button and select "Run as administrator". Confirm the following message.
- Create the key by clicking "Generate/Enter a key" (1).
- Select the line to the right of "Generate/Enter a key" (2), "1F02E74917D3F6E7348C1F02E74917D35E2599A254864A233C549A25ADD2EDFD", for example, and press "Ctrl+C". Paste this key into an email and send it to "email@example.com".
- We will send you another key. Please copy this key to the second line (3). If you need to restart the program, paste the key you created into the first line (see step 3, do not click "Generate/Enter a key" again!). Then click "Validate twin key" (4). After you have done this, you should see the following message: "System cleaned. Reinstall NemSLock".
- Update your current Allplan version. Use the temporary license file ("psd" can be found in its file name). You can also find your current temporary licenses at www.connect.allplan.com. Go to "Profile -> License administration".
Students should use the Allplan Setup program which they can download from Allplan Campus (http://www.allplan-campus.com -> log on -> select "Software" at the top -> download Allplan). Use the trial license provided by Setup.
After this, request a new license by sending a new registration request (Services application -> Utilities -> License -> License Manager). Select the license entry for your seat and click "Request license".
If you work with a license server, reconnect the client with the server.
Quality reporter notified us of a crash. In analyzing the data, we found that you can improve the stability of your Allplan installation by installing the current graphics card driver.
You can find the current driver on the homepage of the graphics card manufacturer.
http://www.amd.com/de Support & Driver -> Download driver
http://www.nvidia.de Download driver
Use the driver on the homepage of the manufacturer. Do not use the driver provided by Windows Update.
Notes for notebook users:
It is essential that you install the graphics card drivers provided by the notebook manufacturer! You can find the current drivers on the homepage of the manufacturer.
- If the program still crashes after you have installed the latest graphics card driver, change the graphics mode from OpenGL to GDI+ in Allplan.
Allplan 2012-1 and later:
Start Allplan and select Tools -> Options.
Select Desktop environment -> Display > Hardware acceleration - graphics area: switch off the "Use OpenGL for all viewports" option. Restart Allplan.
From Allplan 2011-1 to Allplan 2012-0-2:
Start the Services application.
Service -> Hotline Tools -> draw -> OK
On = OpenGL mode
Off = GDI+ mode
- You can find information on graphics cards at