- Why can't I create elements?
- Why can't I move a drawing?
- Why are elements not created correctly?
- Why does the program crash when I import a DXF file from the land registry office?
- Why is the outline of a circumscribed area not detected correctly?
- Why can't I calculate shadows?
- Why are elements not displayed correctly in animation?
- Why are parts of dimension text missing?
- Why do the contents of the screen suddenly rotate?
- Why can't I get a preview when I move or copy elements?
- Why are areas not calculated correctly?
Finding the reason for these problems:
Check whether an offset is set in the project settings (File -> New Project, Open Project-> select the project and open the shortcut menu -> Properties; Allplan 2009 and earlier: Tools -> Options ->Advanced Draft -> Settings). If there are offset coordinates, clear the check box.
Select Tools -> Measure(->)Coordinates.
Click in the middle of the drawing in plan view.
If there are very large values (for example, x/y/z greater than 5000 m), you have found the reason for these problems.
The system has problems calculating and displaying data with very large coordinates. The more data you have with very large coordinates, the greater this effect.
- Click Tools -> Options... -> Desktop environment -> Generaland select Optimize working with large coordinates(Allplan 2009 and earlier: Tools -> Options -> Global Options -> Miscellaneous tab -> Optimize working with large coordinates). After this you must restart Allplan. Otherwise, this setting has no effect.
This is a user setting you must define separately for each user.
- Usually, the best solution is to move the data towards the Allplan origin. Use the "Move" tool. When Allplan prompts you to specify the target point ("To point"), select Global point in the dialog line. You can find detailed information in the help for Allplan. Look for the Global pointtopic.
If the data are still not displayed correctly, do the following:
Exit Allplan -> Services application-> Service -> Hotline Tools-> cleanup -> start Allplan.
How can I import data from an earlier version?
You can import data from the last three Allplan versions.
Consequently, the following import operations are possible:
Target version <- import possible from version
2017 <- 2014
2016 <- 2013
2015 <- 2012
2014 <- 2011
2013 <- 2009
2012 <- 2008
2011 <- 2006
2009 <- 2005
2008 <- 2004
2006 <- 2003
2005 <- 17
2004 <- 16
We cannot guarantee that data created in older versions can be imported and edited. The conversion of older data may be incomplete, which may affect intelligent components in particular.
1. Archived data from an earlier version (not older than three previous versions):
There are two ways to convert the data to the current version:
- Import the project backups created and archived using the
Services application -> Data Backup -> Import -> Projects.
After importing the projects, convert them by opening each project once.
- Import the backups archived using the
Services application -> File -> Restore documents of any version to '...\Extern'.
The data are written to the external path.
You can now process the converted data in ProjectPilot.
2. Archived data from an older Allplan version (older than three previous versions):
- See whether you can use the approach described in step 1 to import the old projects.
- If available, it is a good idea to install an old Allplan version. Import the backups created and archived into this old version and convert the projects using the Services application. If you have imported a complete project backup, convert the data by opening each project once. When finished, repeat this process with a newer version (up to three versions later) until the data are up-to-date.
- If an old Allplan version is not available, you can also have the data converted by Allplan. Please note that this service is not free of charge. Please contact Technical Support -> email@example.com.
- You can convert the data of all projects at once. Read the following FAQ in Allplan Connect: https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20090408124904.html
- If enough hard disk space is available, you are advised to keep and maintain the projects so that Allplan automatically converts them to the current version whenever you upgrade.
- If there are project-specific smart symbol catalogs, you should open the smart symbol catalog once to convert the data.
During installation of license server the message appears 'installation failed'. What could be the reason for it?
Check the following points:
- The license server must be installed in a 64 bit windows system. License server is not working on 32 bit system.
- Make sure the license server setup is saved local on the machine and is not executed over network
- Stop the real time check of your virus scanner or stop the virus scanner complete during installation. Optionally stop the firewall as well - attention in most cases you have to reboot the server in order to take over the settings.
- Run the *.exe file over context menu -> run as administrator.
- If the license server installation still fails. The reason could be NET framework. License server uses NET framework 4.6 and in newer version 4.7. If there are components missing the setup will automatically try to install them. This happens in the background. It will be connected to webpage of Microsoft http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=397708 and the missing files will be downloaded and installed. If a proxy server is blocking this page the download cannot happen and the license server installation fails. In these cases you will have to configure the proxy server settings to allow the Microsoft URL. Microsoft URL has to be trustworthy. Start installation of license server again.
Addition for license server 2017 on older sever like 2008 R2 server:
If the license server installation still fails and the setup stays at 50%, then the reason is usually .NET framework.
Try to install the .NET version in advance from Microsoft Download.
Installation of. NET framework 4.6 requires at least Windows Server 2008 R2 with SP 1.
For information, also see the following link: https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=49982
If the installation of the new version keeps failing, try to install a slightly older license server.
It will works the same way with ALLPLAN 2017 but still is operating with .NET 4.5.2.
Use the following link:
ftp://nemhotline: ha37jvg8f @ftp.nemetschek.de/download/Allgemein/Archiv/WiBu/Lizenzserver
Download the License server until 2017-0.
After successfully installation of license server you will have to connect via internet again in order to activate the license. If using proxy allow the access of the following URLs as well.
How can I fix Allplan program data?
You can fix Allplan program data by renaming the program folders and installing an update.
Due to the new names, Allplan cannot find the resources during the update. Consequently, it creates new resources.
To fix Allplan program data, do the following:
You need the latest installation package for your version.
You can download this package from Allplan Connect (www.connect.allplan.com) or from our FTP server.
Accessing the FTP server:
Enter the following address in Windows Explorer (do not use Internet Explorer!):
You can find the installation packages in the following path:
Copy the zip file to the local computer and unzip the file.
- Open the Services application of the Allplan version you want to fix.
- Select Service -> Windows Explorer -> CAD program folder.
- Rename the "PRG" folder "PRG_OLD". If Windows Explorer tells you that a file is still in use, restart the computer and try again.
- Start the *.exe file of the installation package you just unzipped.
- Select "Update installation".
- When Setup prompts you for the license, select "Current license file" or "Use active license".
- Select "Minimum" for the Setup type.
Allplan gets new program resources during installation.
As soon as the installation is complete, you can test how Allplan behaves.
If you are not sure, give these instructions to your system administrator.
Keep in mind that you install the version of the installation package you downloaded. This means that you may have to reinstall any subsequent hotfixes.
Why does ProjectPilot open with the following error message:
"Unable to create ProjectPilot control. Is the registry correct?"
The reason for this is usually an "external path" that no longer exists. When you start ProjectPilot,
the program tries to access the "external path", which is stored in the Windows Registry.
If this path no longer exists, you will see the above error message.
To correct this error, please do the following:
- Services application
- Service menu
- Windows Explorer - CAD program folder
- The path to the "User folder" is displayed in the window of the Services application. Open it in Windows Explorer.
- Find the "extern.cfg"file in this user folder and delete this file.
Now try to start ProjectPilotagain. If the problem still occurs, please do the following:
Start the services application -> Service -> Windows Explorer -> CAD program folder.
Open the "PRG" folder.
Find the following file: "NemProjectPilot10.exe"
Right-click this file -> select "Run as administrator" on the shortcut menu.
ProjectPilot should now start.
Try to start ProjectPilotstraight from Allplan. If the problem is still not solved, please do the following:
- Services application
- Service menu
- Windows Explorer - CAD program folder
- The Allplan program folder opens.
- Rename the "PRG" subfolder "PRG_OLD".
- Start installing the program from the current Allplan DVD.
- Select "Update installation".
- Select "Current license file".
- Set the setup type to "Minimum".
After installation try to start ProjectPilotagain.
You have installed Allplan on several local workstations. Now you want to change the installation so that you can access a common network drive.
Before you switch to a network installation, it is essential that you back up all the data of all the workstations.
We strongly recommend that you take advantage of the expertise of Nemetschek’s technical support staff. We are happy to help you!
The following description shows how to change several workstations where Allplan is installed locally and the project data is also stored locally on each computer to workstations with a common network drive without Workgroup Manager.
1st - getting ready
Choose one of the workstations where you will install all the projects and the office standard (hereinafter referred to as the main workstation).
First, move all the projects to the main workstation.
1.a: copying resources into projects
To make sure that the projects in your office have a uniform appearance, change the path settings for the projects' resources to 'Project'.
Make the following setting for each project:
Allplan -> File menu -> ProjectPilot - Admin -> select the individual projects one after the other -> right mouse button -> Properties -> Settings tab
Set the path settings for 'Pen and line definitions', 'Fonts', 'Patterns, hatching styles, area styles', 'Bar and mesh cross-section catalogs', 'Layer structures, line styles, drawing types' and 'Attributes proposed' from 'Office' to 'Project', if necessary.
The corresponding elements are copied from the office standard directly to the project. This ensures that the project settings stay the same even when you copy the project to the new server with the new office standard.
1.b: same folder name as project name
Open the 'General' tab and select the 'Same folder name as project name' setting if you want to proceed as described in 2b.
1.c: pen color ("Color stands for pen")
The pen color for the "Color stands for pen" setting is a user-specific setting that is not saved in the project but in the user folder (...\Usr).
2.a: backing up projects of the individual workstations and importing them to the main workstation (recommended method):
Back up the individual projects. To do this, open the Services application and select Data Backup -> Create -> Entire folders -> Projects.
You can back up several projects in a single operation.
Before you start, specify the backup folder on the network or on the local hard disk: Services application -> Configuration -> Backup path ->Browse for Folder.
The next step is to import the saved projects to the main workstation.To do this, open theServices application -> Data Backup -> Import -> Projects Before you import the individual projects, you can create new Allplan projects at the main computer. As an alternative, you can also create a new project during the import.
2.b: backing up projects of the individual workstations and importing them to the main workstation (special approach):
This approach should only be used with good reason for exceptional cases as it requires in-depth knowledge of Windows.
With this method, Windows Explorer is used to import the projects to the main workstation.
If some project names exist twice, you need to rename these projects before you back them up.
You can then rename the existing 'project.dat' file in the Prj folder of the main workstation.
Next, select the Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> reorg -> Restore project management file.
The system creates a new project administration file (project.dat), which should list all projects with names.
Now the main workstation contains the latest version of all the projects of the office.
3rd - merging project defaults
Open ProjectPilot at the individual workstations and copy the elements you want to transfer (symbols, smart symbols, lists, schedules, and so on) to the external path. Of course, you can set the external path to a common network folder that can be accessed by all workstations.
Next, open ProjectPilot at the main workstation and copy the contents of the external path to the office standard.
4th - data backup
- Back up the projects, office standard and user settings at the main workstation:
You can also copy the ..\prj (projects), ..\std (office standard) and ..\usr (user folder) paths to a backup folder (Nemsic, for example) on the hard disk.
- In addition, you need to back up the ..\usr\local folder at every stand-alone computer.
- Export the user interface setting of each user to a file: Allplan -> Tools - > Customize .... -> Export...
5th - uninstalling
Remove Allplan from all workstations.
6th - reinstalling
Before you install the same version again, create and share a folder (Nemdata, for example) on the future data server. Create a subfolder - Allplan - in this folder.
The next step is to reinstall the same version on all the workstations.
Specify the following installation paths:
local (C:\Programs\Nemetschek\Allplan, for example)
Central file storage folder:
Browse -> Network...
Find the sharedNemdata folder and select the Allplan folder.
After this, start installing.
7th - testing the start and restoring the backup
After the installation (check whether Allplan starts), copy the ..\prj and ..\std folders you backed up from the main workstation to the new ...\Nemdata\Allplan server folder.
Next, use Windows Explorer to copy the contents of the former user folder (…\usr\local) of the stand-alone workstation to the new user folder of the computer you just installed.
8th - updating the project administration file
Go to the project.datfile in the ...\Nemdata\Allplan\Prjfolder and rename itproject.alt.After this, do the following:
Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> reorg -> Restore project management file.
9th - summary
Now all the workstations access a common network drive with the same project pool and office standard.
With this type of installation, only one user can access a project at any one time. If several users are to work on a project at the same time, you need to install Workgroup Manager.
Can I "automate" the installation of Allplan?
You can install Allplan 2017 in silent mode. This installation mode is fully automatic; you do not need to enter anything. Silent installation is particularly useful if you want to install Allplan 2017 with the same settings on a large number of workstations on a network.
Requirements for installing in silent mode:
Pay attention to the different licensing types!
Licensing for stand-alone workstations:
Make sure you have not yet activated a license on the computer where you want to record silent installation. Use the Viewer option for recording.
After having installed all computers in silent mode, you must use the Product Key to activate the license locally on each computer.
To activate the license after installation:
- Open the 'License settings' dialog box: Services application -> Utilities -> License settings
- Click License activationon the left.
- Enter your Product Key.
- Click Activate license.
Using a license server:
- The clients take the licenses from a license server.
- The license server is installed.
- The license of the license server is activated.
For more information on the license server, go to https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618084450.html
Use the Use active licenseoption for recording.
Setup writes the license settings to the %AppData%\Nemetschek\Lic3.ini file.You must distribute this file to all computers.
Some more tips:
- Before you start installing, unzip the Allplan installation package (for example, using the 7_Zip program). Make sure this package is in a folder that can be accessed by all clients you want to install.
- Start the command prompt for running the setup program always as a local administrator. To do this, open the shortcut menu and select "Run as administrator". Make sure you always start the command prompt from the correct folder.
- Setup will automatically install any Microsoft components required by Allplan such as Microsoft .NET-Framework or Microsoft Report Viewer without prompting you to confirm.
Preparing to install in silent mode
To record and run silent installation, you need the installation files of Allplan 2017.
Installing in silent mode involves three steps:
Creating the log file for installing in silent mode
Start by installing Allplan 2017 with the /r option on a typical workstation. During installation, Setup automatically writes all entries to a log file named setup.iss. You can then use this file to install the program on the other workstations.
Installing in silent mode
Next, install Allplan 2017 with the /s option on all other workstations. Installation is based on the setup.iss log file you created in the first step.
Checking the installation
Finally, you should check the setup.log file, which was created automatically during setup, to see whether everything was installed correctly.
Note: When installing in silent mode, Setup usually uses the same setup.iss file to install the program on all workstations. However, you can edit some settings of the setup.iss file if you want to adjust paths. You can find more information in the help; see Adjusting the setup.iss filehttp://help.allplan.com/Allplan/2017-0/1031/Allplan/index.htm#331.htm
To install Allplan in silent mode, do the following:
Install .NET 4.6
Silent setup requires you to install .NET 4.6 in advance. The reason for this is that you have to reboot the computer after installation of .NET 4.6. This reboot would interrupt silent installation.
After you have downloaded the installation files, you must unzip these files before you can use them to install in silent mode.
- Unzip the zip file downloaded. This results in an .exe file (for example, Allplan 2017-0-5-cad.exe).
- Then unzip this .exe file using an appropriate program (for example, 7_Zip) and save the resulting file to any folder. You can now use the command prompt to start Setup.exe for recording.
1. Sample installation:
Start by creating a record file. To do this, run setup with the settings you need. You only need to do this once.
Use the command prompt to start this installation with the "/r" option (for record):
To run the setup program, open the command prompt as a local administrator and type the following:
Setup starts and runs as usual.
When you are prompted to choose the license configuration, select the Use vieweroption.
When you are prompted to choose the license configuration, select the Use active licenseoption.
Setup logs the entire installation process, writing everything to the setup.iss file.
If you want, you can change the name and folder of this file:
setup.exe /r /f1<folder>:\Setup.iss
setup.exe /r /f1c:\Setup.iss
This saves the file directly to C:\.
There must not be any blanks between "f1" and the folder!
Copy the setup.iss file to a folder that can be accessed by all clients you want to install. It is a good idea to copy this file to the folder with the Allplan installation files.
Copy the %AppData%\Nemetschek\Lic3.inifile to the %AppData%\Nemetschek folder of every client.
If you install Allplan on a client for the first time, you must create the Nemetschek folder in %AppData% first (for example, C:\Users\Username\Appdata\Roaming\Nemetschek).
2. Silent installation:
Make sure you can access the setup.iss file.
Make sure the Lic3.ini file is in the %AppData%\Nemetschek\ folder.
Setup logs the entire installation process again, writing everything to the setup.log file. You can find this file in the same folder as the setup.iss file. With the /f2 option, you can specify a different folder and file name for the setup.log file.
To start installing Allplan in silent mode on a client, open command prompt as a local administrator and type the following:
setup.exe /s /f1<folder>:\Setup.iss /f2<folder>:\Setup.log
setup.exe /s /f1c:\Setup.iss /f2c:\Setup.log
This saves the file directly to C:\.
Check the setup.log file to see whether everything has been installed correctly. The [ResponseResult] section should return the 'ResultCode=0' value.
If you have several licenses or license servers, select the required license for each client using the Services application - Utilities - License settings.
Refer to the online help for detailed information on installing in silent mode.
To open the help system, press the F1 key during setup. Go to the "Contents" tab, select "Installing" and then "Installing in silent mode".
You can also find information in the help for the license settings:
Services application -> Utilities -> License settings
To open the help system, press the F1 key. Go to the "Contents" tab, select "Licensing Allplan using a license server" and then "Installing in silent mode".
Please note that we cannot provide support for this installation method.
How can I remove NemSLock completely from a computer?
Do the following:
- Uninstall Softlock 2006 by clicking Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features.
Select "Nemetschek SoftLock 2006" and then click "Uninstall/Change". Select "Remove" -> Next -> Yes.
- Extract the "NSLFixer2006.zip" file attached and copy it to any folder on your computer. If your email provider or firewall software has blocked this file, you can also download it from our webdrive. Use this link:
The tool "NSLFixer2006.exe" is under Allgemein/Nemslock
(click on the right hand side next to file size on the three dots and chose 'herunterladen')
- Start NSLFixer2006.exe by double-clicking it.
If you are running Windows Vista or a newer operating system, click the program with the right mouse button and select "Run as administrator". Confirm the following message.
- Create the key by clicking "Generate/Enter a key" (1).
- Select the line to the right of "Generate/Enter a key" (2), "1F02E74917D3F6E7348C1F02E74917D35E2599A254864A233C549A25ADD2EDFD", for example, and press "Ctrl+C". Paste this key into an email and send it to "firstname.lastname@example.org".
- We will send you another key. Please copy this key to the second line (3). If you need to restart the program, paste the key you created into the first line (see step 3, do not click "Generate/Enter a key" again!). Then click "Validate twin key" (4). After you have done this, you should see the following message: "System cleaned. Reinstall NemSLock".
- Update your current Allplan version. Use the temporary license file ("psd" can be found in its file name). You can also find your current temporary licenses at www.connect.allplan.com. Go to "Profile -> License administration".
Students should use the Allplan Setup program which they can download from Allplan Campus (http://www.allplan-campus.com -> log on -> select "Software" at the top -> download Allplan). Use the trial license provided by Setup.
After this, request a new license by sending a new registration request (Services application -> Utilities -> License -> License Manager). Select the license entry for your seat and click "Request license".
If you work with a license server, reconnect the client with the server.
How can I move NemSLock Server to a new server?
Reinstalling NemSLock Server
- Start the Setup program for NemSLock Server. You can find the latest Setup program on our FTP server:
- Select one of the temporary license files for NemSLock server (for example, 1234567a_001_psd.nslsrv). These licenses are valid for 30 days. However, each license includes only one seat of each configuration purchased. The full number of seats purchased will be available to you as soon as you have installed the registered licenses (see below). If you purchased a configuration for one seat only, you will, of course, receive only one temporary license.
- When you opt for the “Custom” setup type, you can choose between the following program features:
You can use this program to administer NemSLock Server. The console can be installed on several workstations. This way, you can administer the server from a number of different locations. However, you can only connect one console to the server at any one time.
The actual license server.
This tool analyzes the log files of NemSLock Server.
User List Generator
You can use this tool to create the users for NemSLock Server from a text file or based on a server.
By default, Setup installs all these features.
- If your license includes configurations for several seats, you need to install the additional temporary license files for NemSLock server after the installation (see below).
Transferring the user administration from the old server (if users are available)
- You can find the user administration in the program folder of the license server. Copy the "users.mcf" file to the program folder of the new license server.
- Stop the license server service on the new server before you copy the file. To do this, start the "stopService.bat" program, which is also in the program folder of the license server.
- After copying, start the license server service again. To do this, use the "startService.bat" program.
Returning the registered licenses
- Open NemSLock 2006 Server Console on the old server by clicking the icon on the desktop or Start -> (All) Programs -> NemSLock 2006 Server -> NemSLock 2006 Server Console.
- Click "Stop server".
- Click "Modules".
- Click "Transfer license permanently".
- Confirm the following dialog boxes. Click “Browse”.Windows Explorer starts and opens the folder with the hcws-format file. Now you can use all the options provided by Windows Explorer: for example, you can attach the file to an email, copy it to a computer with Internet access and so on.Send this file by email to email@example.com.
- We will send you an email, confirming that we have received the licenses.
- You always have to return all licenses.
- After you have done this, they are only valid for two more days.
Registering the license(s) on the new server
- Open NemSLock 2006 Server Console on the new license server.
- Click "Modules" on the left.
- Select the seat you want to register. If your license contains configurations for several seats, read the notes further down.
- Click "Registration request (register.txt)".
- Click "Edit".
- Fill out all fields marked with an asterisk (*). Make sure you enter your email address correctly, because the registered license file will be sent to this address (and not to the address of the person who sent the registration request!). Click OK to confirm.
- Click "Create registration request".Windows Explorer starts and opens the folder with the "register.txt" file. Now you can use all the options provided by Windows Explorer: for example, you can attach the file to an email, copy it to a computer with Internet access and so on.Send the registration request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your license includes configurations for several seats, you must send a separate registration request for each seat. You will then receive a registered license file for each seat. You must install each file.
How to install licenses
- Open NemSLock 2006 Server Console.
- Click "Stop server" on the left.
- Click "Modules" on the left.
- Click ”Browse” to navigate to the registered license file.
- Click "Install license file".
- After this, you can start the server again by clicking "Start server".
Configuring the clients
- Now you need to change each client to the new license server.
- Click Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek SoftLock 2006 -> License Manager.
- If the license server window is hidden, click "Configure NemSLock Server"at the bottom. It is a good idea to lock this window. All you need to do is click the drawing pin icon.
- Enter the computer name or IP address of the license server in the empty box. Then click the "Update” icon to the right.
- Now the user can select one of the seats provided. Click "Close" to complete the configuration. Now you can start Allplan.
- After having successfully connected to the license server, clear the check boxes for the trial licenses in the area at the top.
- If a user selects several configurations for a seat and starts Allplan, the license server will provide the required licenses; in other words, starting Allplan once might require two licenses. Consequently, fewer licenses are available to other users.
- 2014-1 and later: If the latest version of License Manager is installed (file version 1. 0. 26. 153 or later, see License Manager- Options- System), you can also select several licenses. If one of the selected licenses is currently being used by someone else, the program will automatically select the next available license.
- Clients communicate with the server by TCP/IP via port 10977. So you need to configure the firewall accordingly.
- The license server and the licenses are downward compatible; they can be used in conjunction with older Allplan versions.
How can I access the FTP server of technical support?
You can download data from and upload data to the FTP server.
To access our FTP server, you require a current Windows operating system. Do the following:
Please enter the following address in Windows Explorer (do not use Internet Explorer!):
1. Downloading data:
You can find our data in the /Download folder.
Right-click the folder(s) or file(s) you want to download and select "Save Target As ...".
Specify where you want to copy the data by selecting a folder on your computer.
If customers agree, we can provide customer-specific data in the /Customerfolder.
For this, you will get separate instructions.
2. Uploading customer data:
If we agree, customers can upload data to the /Upload folder.
- You can upload only files. You cannot upload folders to the server. If you want to upload an entire project, please save this project to a ZIP file first.
- You can also use Internet browsers to access the FTP server. However, there are some restrictions. Use an FTP client program (for example, FileZilla)to avoid errors. This makes it easier for you to upload and download data. See the following information.
- Login details for FTP program: