- Why can't I create elements?
- Why can't I move a drawing?
- Why are elements not created correctly?
- Why does the program crash when I import a DXF file from the land registry office?
- Why is the outline of a circumscribed area not detected correctly?
- Why can't I calculate shadows?
- Why are elements not displayed correctly in animation?
- Why are parts of dimension text missing?
- Why do the contents of the screen suddenly rotate?
- Why can't I get a preview when I move or copy elements?
- Why are areas not calculated correctly?
Finding the reason for these problems:
Check whether an offset is set in the project settings (File -> New Project, Open Project-> select the project and open the shortcut menu -> Properties; Allplan 2009 and earlier: Tools -> Options ->Advanced Draft -> Settings). If there are offset coordinates, clear the check box.
Select Tools -> Measure(->)Coordinates.
Click in the middle of the drawing in plan view.
If there are very large values (for example, x/y/z greater than 5000 m), you have found the reason for these problems.
The system has problems calculating and displaying data with very large coordinates. The more data you have with very large coordinates, the greater this effect.
- Click Tools -> Options... -> Desktop environment -> Generaland select Optimize working with large coordinates(Allplan 2009 and earlier: Tools -> Options -> Global Options -> Miscellaneous tab -> Optimize working with large coordinates). After this you must restart Allplan. Otherwise, this setting has no effect.
This is a user setting you must define separately for each user.
- Usually, the best solution is to move the data towards the Allplan origin. Use the "Move" tool. When Allplan prompts you to specify the target point ("To point"), select Global point in the dialog line. You can find detailed information in the help for Allplan. Look for the Global pointtopic.
If the data are still not displayed correctly, do the following:
Exit Allplan -> Services application-> Service -> Hotline Tools-> cleanup -> start Allplan.
What are the reasons why I cannot modify the format properties (pen thickness, color, ...) of elements in a DWG/DXF file I have just imported?
There are four reasons why these elements cannot be modified.
1st -the elements are smart symbols:
- To retain the smart symbols but still be able to modify the elements, select Modify -> Bonus Tools -> Smart Symbols -> Modify Smart Symbol(until V2006: Modify -> Bonus Tools -> Smart Symbols -> Modify Display Parameters) and click the relevant element. Now you can modify it (using Modify Format Properties, for example). For more detailed information on how to modify smart symbols, please contact us.
- If you do not want to retain the smart symbol, you can also resolve it: Modify -> Bonus Tools -> Smart Symbols -> Unlink Smart Symbol, select the smart symbol(s) you want to resolve and click the right mouse button to confirm.
- To resolve the smart symbols during import, select the file to be imported, click the"Options..."button,open the "Advanced Settings" tab (until Allplan 2008 "Advanced Transfer Settings")and select the"Smart symbol"check box in the"Explode elements" area. To confirm the dialog box, click OKand open the file.
2nd - theelements are composite elements:
- To explode a composite element, select Modify -> Advanced Draft -> Explode Composite Element. Select the composite element(s).
- To resolve the composite elements during import, select the file to be imported, click the "Options..." button, open the"Advanced Settings" tab" (until Allplan 2008: "Advanced Transfer Settings") andselect the "Composite elements"check box in the"Explode compounds" area. To confirm the dialog box, click OKand open the file.
3rd - the elements are on frozen layers:
- To modify these elements, you first have to set the corresponding layers to modifiable. Open the layer selection by clickingFormat -> Select, Set Layers.On theSelect Layer/Visibilitytab, set all the layers to modifiable.
4th - the elements have the "from layer" format property:
- To find this out, click an element with the right mouse button and selectFormat Propertieson the shortcut menu: pen thickness, line type or line color is not available for elements with the "from layer" format property.
- To modify the format properties of the layer, select Format -> Select, Set Layers and open the'Format Definition' tab. Check that the''Match from layer based on line style, pen, line, color assigned (fixed setting)"optionis selected in the"Layers' format properties" area. Next, select the layer on which the element resides and change its format properties.
- To remove this property, clickEdit -> Modify Format Properties, select the"Change 'from layer' for pen, line and color" option(pen thickness, line type and line color must not be selected) and select the elements.
- To resolve the "from layer" property during import, select the file to be imported, click the "Options..." button, open the"Advanced Settings" tab" (until Allplan 2008: "Advanced Transfer Settings") andselect the "From layer"check box in the"Explode compounds" area. To confirm the dialog box, click OKand open the file.
If you have any further questions regarding data exchange, this topic is described in detail in the online Help. All you need to do is press the F1 key. Open the Index tab and selectInterfaces.