I have received a license for my dongle. How can I install this license?
1. License on hard disk (or network drive)
Copy the license files to any folder, for example, C:\License, and select this folder when you install the license.
a. During setup
While installing Allplan, select the 'License file from any folder' option and choose the folder with the license files.
b. Installing a license later
To install the license, select
Services application -> Utilities -> License -> Install HARDLOCK License
A dialog box appears. Select the folder with the license files.
2. License by email
If you have received the license by email, save the attachment to any folder, for example, C:\License, and proceed as described in step 1.
If the licenses are compressed (*.zip), extract them first using an appropriate program, such as Winzip (www.winzip.de).
3. License on storage medium (CD or USB stick)
You can also copy the license files to a storage medium (USB stick, for example) or write them to a CD and then proceed as described in step 1b.
- If you have received a license for a license server, read the instructions in the documents for the license server. If any questions arise, contact technical support.
- Keep the license in a safe place as you may need it for future installations or if there are problems.
- Make sure you install the license that is appropriate to the dongle you use, as each license matches only a single dongle. time.
- Setup needs to access the license file(s) during the entire installation process. It is therefore not possible to read the license file(s) from a CD and then remove this CD during installation. You are advised to copy the license file(s) to a folder on the hard disk.
Can I run Allplan on Apple computers?
You have to options for running Allplan on Mac computers: natively using Boot Camp or virtually using Parallels Desktop. Please note that Allplan supports Boot Camp only. For installations with Parallels Desktop, we merely offer an installation guide ("Allplan On Mac", see below).
- MacBook Pro or iMac
- Intel Core i5 or i7 Processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 20 GB free hard disk space
- AMD or Nvidia graphics card
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8
- Windows 7, 64-bit, Service Pack 1
In addition when using Boot Camp:
- Boot Camp Windows installation
- A blank CD or DVD
- The function of the DEL key needs to be moved to an existing key; otherwise, logging on to Windows requires an external keyboard.
In addition when using Parallels Desktop:
- Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac
- A license for Parallels Desktop 8 (you can request a trial license for Parallels Desktop while installing)
- Allplan On Mac setup file; you can download this file from Allplan Connect: connect.allplan.comde/support/downloads.html
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit license and DVD
- Allplan 2012-1 DVD or download
- You can find further information on Allplan On Mac at:https://connect.allplan.com/de/more/allplan-on-mac.html
There is no provision for a direct installation under Mac OS.
We kindly ask you to understand that Allplan cannot provide support for installing Boot Camp.
An installation with Parallels Desktop is subject to the following conditions and restrictions:
- The Allplan On Mac software is free to download.
- Setup is offered as a "technology demo".
- As this is a technology demo, Allplan does not assume any responsibility or liability for the reliability of the complete system in any environment; nor does it provide any technical support.
- There may be some restrictions in conjunction with some hardware combinations.
We tested the following constellations: Windows 7 64-bit | Parallels 8+9 | Allplan 2013-1
Allplan 2014-1 runs with Parallels 9.
What are the reasons why I cannot modify the format properties (pen thickness, color, ...) of elements in a DWG/DXF file I have just imported?
There are four reasons why these elements cannot be modified.
1st -the elements are smart symbols:
- To retain the smart symbols but still be able to modify the elements, select Modify -> Bonus Tools -> Smart Symbols -> Modify Smart Symbol(until V2006: Modify -> Bonus Tools -> Smart Symbols -> Modify Display Parameters) and click the relevant element. Now you can modify it (using Modify Format Properties, for example). For more detailed information on how to modify smart symbols, please contact us.
- If you do not want to retain the smart symbol, you can also resolve it: Modify -> Bonus Tools -> Smart Symbols -> Unlink Smart Symbol, select the smart symbol(s) you want to resolve and click the right mouse button to confirm.
- To resolve the smart symbols during import, select the file to be imported, click the"Options..."button,open the "Advanced Settings" tab (until Allplan 2008 "Advanced Transfer Settings")and select the"Smart symbol"check box in the"Explode elements" area. To confirm the dialog box, click OKand open the file.
2nd - theelements are composite elements:
- To explode a composite element, select Modify -> Advanced Draft -> Explode Composite Element. Select the composite element(s).
- To resolve the composite elements during import, select the file to be imported, click the "Options..." button, open the"Advanced Settings" tab" (until Allplan 2008: "Advanced Transfer Settings") andselect the "Composite elements"check box in the"Explode compounds" area. To confirm the dialog box, click OKand open the file.
3rd - the elements are on frozen layers:
- To modify these elements, you first have to set the corresponding layers to modifiable. Open the layer selection by clickingFormat -> Select, Set Layers.On theSelect Layer/Visibilitytab, set all the layers to modifiable.
4th - the elements have the "from layer" format property:
- To find this out, click an element with the right mouse button and selectFormat Propertieson the shortcut menu: pen thickness, line type or line color is not available for elements with the "from layer" format property.
- To modify the format properties of the layer, select Format -> Select, Set Layers and open the'Format Definition' tab. Check that the''Match from layer based on line style, pen, line, color assigned (fixed setting)"optionis selected in the"Layers' format properties" area. Next, select the layer on which the element resides and change its format properties.
- To remove this property, clickEdit -> Modify Format Properties, select the"Change 'from layer' for pen, line and color" option(pen thickness, line type and line color must not be selected) and select the elements.
- To resolve the "from layer" property during import, select the file to be imported, click the "Options..." button, open the"Advanced Settings" tab" (until Allplan 2008: "Advanced Transfer Settings") andselect the "From layer"check box in the"Explode compounds" area. To confirm the dialog box, click OKand open the file.
If you have any further questions regarding data exchange, this topic is described in detail in the online Help. All you need to do is press the F1 key. Open the Index tab and selectInterfaces.