How can I import data from an earlier version?
You can import data from the last three Allplan versions.
Consequently, the following import operations are possible:
Target version <- import possible from version
2017 <- 2014
2016 <- 2013
2015 <- 2012
2014 <- 2011
2013 <- 2009
2012 <- 2008
2011 <- 2006
2009 <- 2005
2008 <- 2004
2006 <- 2003
2005 <- 17
2004 <- 16
We cannot guarantee that data created in older versions can be imported and edited. The conversion of older data may be incomplete, which may affect intelligent components in particular.
1. Archived data from an earlier version (not older than three previous versions):
There are two ways to convert the data to the current version:
- Import the project backups created and archived using the
Services application -> Data Backup -> Import -> Projects.
After importing the projects, convert them by opening each project once.
- Import the backups archived using the
Services application -> File -> Restore documents of any version to '...\Extern'.
The data are written to the external path.
You can now process the converted data in ProjectPilot.
2. Archived data from an older Allplan version (older than three previous versions):
- See whether you can use the approach described in step 1 to import the old projects.
- If available, it is a good idea to install an old Allplan version. Import the backups created and archived into this old version and convert the projects using the Services application. If you have imported a complete project backup, convert the data by opening each project once. When finished, repeat this process with a newer version (up to three versions later) until the data are up-to-date.
- If an old Allplan version is not available, you can also have the data converted by Allplan. Please note that this service is not free of charge. Please contact Technical Support -> firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can convert the data of all projects at once. Read the following FAQ in Allplan Connect: https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20090408124904.html
- If enough hard disk space is available, you are advised to keep and maintain the projects so that Allplan automatically converts them to the current version whenever you upgrade.
- If there are project-specific smart symbol catalogs, you should open the smart symbol catalog once to convert the data.
How can I install a license for the following programs?
- Allplan BCM Building Costs (formerly Allright)
- Allplan BCM Construction Cost
- Allplan BCM Quantities
- BOS (BuildingOfficeSystem)
1) You want to install the program for the first time or upgrade it. -> Option 1)
2) You have already installed or upgraded the program; now all that remains is to install a current license. --> Option 2)
If we sent you a ZIP file or you downloaded one from the Serviceplus portal, save this file to your computer.
Extract the data in a folder of your choice.
The license contains the following files:
- Npsrequ.dat (optional)
- Install the program.
- Setup prompts you to specify the license. Specify the folder where you saved the license data mentioned above.
- Continue to install the program. After the installation, you can start the program without having to install another license.
To install the latest license, you do not need to install the program from scratch. Just install the license data.
Do the following:
- CloseallAllplan BCM applications that are running on your computer and on any other computer on the network.
- Start Windows Explorer.
- Open the folder with the data in Windows Explorer.
- Double-click the Setup.exefile.
- The license will be installed automatically.
- If you purchased the Tenderer module, you must install the license on each computer. Otherwise, it is enough if you install the license on any computer just once.
If you have problems, send us the exact wording of the error message and the license data (all the files of the ZIP file).
You can send the data by email to email@example.com.
Why is it not possible to install IBD planning data?
Why does Allplan not accept my activation code?
If you have just installed Allplan or if you have used a trial license until now, start Allplan once with your license so that Allplan saves your customer number.
Make sure you install the correct IBD package.
IBD provides additional wizards you can use in Allplan. However, you have to purchase these additional wizards.
Should you have any questions (costs, use), please contact your sales partner.
Some notes on IBD:
IBD CAD Planning Data(building construction, industrial construction, ...) are wizards you can use in Allplan. Consequently, you can only install these wizards on a computer running Allplan.
IBD Building Components(building construction, building alteration, ... ) build on BCM/Nevaris.
If you use Nevaris, you must install IBD building components on a computer running Nevaris andAllplan.
If you want to use IBD building components for BCM, you must install this package on a computer running Allplan BCM.
As you can see, it matters whether you are trying to install IBD building components for Nevaris or BD building components for BCM.
You can find both packages on Allplan Connect.
Make sure you download the right package from Allplan Connect.
You get activation codes for the IBD packages you purchase.
You can see your activation codes on Allplan Connect at http://connect.allplan.com/license.
Pay attention to uppercase and lowercase letters in Setup.
You can find the IBD packages on Allplan Connect at
(requires login details for Allplan Connect)
You can filter by version, such as Allplan IBD Version 2016.
There is no trial license for IBD. This means that you cannot install IBD if you run Allplan with a trial license.
You can install two IBD packages for free. You do not require codes for IBD CAD Basic Planning Data and IBD CAD Building Alteration Data. You can also find these packages on Allplan Connect.
How can I use data from the "Shell" module in Allplan 2017 and later?
Data conversion in Allplan 2017
Allplan 2017automatically converts shell data from earlier versions the first time you open the project or *.ndw file in question.
Alllayouts you created ofgeneral arrangement drawings and reinforcement drawings stay as they are!
The 3D reinforcement modelstays as it is!
Theshell entitybecomes a 3D solid.
The views and sections(including reinforcement) become 2D elements and text.
Editing the data
As the old shell entitybecomes a 3D solid(construction lines) and the 3D reinforcement model stays as it is, you can create new associative views and sections from the model data.
Before you can do this, you need to assign "normal" format properties to the 3D solid created from the shell entity, as you cannot create associative views and sections from a solid in construction line format.
You canplace, modify and labelthe reinforcement without any restrictions. You can create schemas, legends andreportsas usual.