Quality reporter notified us of a crash. In analyzing the data, we found that you can improve the stability of your Allplan installation by installing the current graphics card driver.
You can find the current driver on the homepage of the graphics card manufacturer.
http://www.amd.com/de Support & Driver -> Download driver
http://www.nvidia.de Download driver
Use the driver on the homepage of the manufacturer. Do not use the driver provided by Windows Update.
Notes for notebook users:
It is essential that you install the graphics card drivers provided by the notebook manufacturer! You can find the current drivers on the homepage of the manufacturer.
- If the program still crashes after you have installed the latest graphics card driver, change the graphics mode from OpenGL to GDI+ in Allplan.
Allplan 2012-1 and later:
Start Allplan and select Tools -> Options.
Select Desktop environment -> Display > Hardware acceleration - graphics area: switch off the "Use OpenGL for all viewports" option. Restart Allplan.
From Allplan 2011-1 to Allplan 2012-0-2:
Start the Services application.
Service -> Hotline Tools -> draw -> OK
On = OpenGL mode
Off = GDI+ mode
- You can find information on graphics cards at
What license issues do I need to consider when upgrading from Allplan 2015/2016/2017 to Allplan 2018?
Depending on the licensing system you use, you need to consider different points.
1. Upgrading stand-alone workstations
1a. Stand-alone workstation - upgrading from Allplan 2016 or 2017
The license for Allplan 2018 updates automatically. Start Setup and follow the instructions displayed. When you are prompted to select the license file, click ‘Use active license’.
Follow the instructions and install Allplan.
Note: Licenses only update automatically when you upgrade. If you want to install Allplan 2018 on a new computer, read the following instructions: https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618131629.html
You can find your Product Key in Allplan Connect as usual. Go to http://connect.allplan.com/license
1b. Stand-alone workstation - upgrading from Allplan 2015
Allplan 2016 introduced a new protection system. Licensing is now based on CodeMeter by Wibu Systems AG. You require a Product Key for Allplan. Start Setup and follow the instructions displayed. When you are prompted to select the license file, click 'License activation'. Enter your Product Key (26-digit code) and click 'Activate license'. By activating the license, you connect the license with the computer. Follow the instructions and install Allplan.
You can find detailed information at
2. Upgrading license server workstations
2a. License server workstations - upgrading from Allplan 2016 or 2017
Start by updating your license(s) at the license server. After this, upgrade the clients.
Check the version of the license server. If you use the license server 2016-1-4 or later, you can find the version number (Build-ID) at bottom left in the License Settingsprogram. The version number should be at least 1.614.x.x. If you cannot find the Build-ID, you work with an older license server. In this case, update the license server first. Download the software for the license server from Allplan Connect.
You can find detailed information at
After having updated the licenses, you can upgrade Allplan at the clients. Start Setup and follow the instructions displayed. The license server license will be detected automatically on the network. When you are prompted to select the license file, click 'Use active license'. Follow the instructions and install Allplan.
Note: You can only use an existing license server to update licenses. If you want to use a new license server with Allplan 2018, read the following instructions:
You can find your Product Key for Allplan 2018 in Allplan Connect as usual. Go to http://connect.allplan.com/license
2b. License server workstations - upgrading from Allplan 2015
Start by installing the license server. After this, upgrade the clients.
You can find detailed information at
Downloading licenses from Allplan Connect
You can find your license for Allplan 2014 BCM and the activation code for Allplan 2018 IBDin Allplan Connect. As an extra servicewe provide the old licenses for hardlock stand-alone workstations, the temporary licenses for NemSLock and the Product Keys for the new software protection system. Click
Profile > License administration.
Only administrators can use this function.
License for Allplan Allfa 2017
You will get your license by mail from firstname.lastname@example.org. So that we can create the license for you, please send us your IP address or the Host ID of the Allfa database server (Oracle)
What might cause Allplan not to function correctly in a Microsoft remote desktop environment?
And what can I do to solve these problems?
Running graphic-intensive software in a Microsoft remote desktop environment might be restricted because GPU rendering is turned off for Microsoft remote desktop by default. You can solve problems by configuring the Windows local group policy on the host so that GPU rendering is turned on during a remote desktop session.
- It is the IT service provider or office administrator who is responsible for configuring the Windows local group policy. This is not part of the support services provided by Allplan’s technical support.
- In this context, Allplan’s technical support does not assume any responsibility for possible problems you might have with your computer.
To configure the local group policy, do the following:
Start the local group policy editor in Windows: Start -> Run -> gpedit.msc
Local group policy editor starts.
Select the path in the area on the left: Local computer policy -> Computer configuration -> Administrative templates -> Windows components -> Remote desktop services -> Remote desktop sessions host -> Remote session environment -> RemoteFX for Windows Server 2008 R2.
Turn on the following settings in the area on the right:
1) “Configure RemoteFX“
2) “Optimize visual experience when using RemoteFX”
3) “Optimize visual experience for remote desktop service sessions”
Do not change the other predefined parameters in the dialog boxes.
Select the path in the area on the left: Local computer policy -> Computer configuration -> Administrative templates -> Windows components -> Remote desktop services -> Remote desktop sessions host -> Remote session environment.
(This is the folder superior to the one selected beforehand.)
Turn on the following settings in the area on the right:
1) “Use hardware graphics adapters for all remote desktop services sessions”
2) “Configure compression for RemoteFX data”
Do not change the other predefined parameters in the dialog boxes.
Restart the host to apply the new local group policy settings. Afterward, you can use the GPU of the host.Загрузка PDF FAQ_EN_Turning_on_GPU_rendering_for_Microsoft_remote...
I purchased a new license and received a Product Key for Allplan. However, I work with an earlier Allplan version. How can I install and license Allplan 2015 or an earlier version despite the new license?
Allplan 2016 introduced a new protection system. Since then licensing has been based on CodeMeter by Wibu Systems AG. You can no longer use Softlock (NemSLock) or hardlocks with Allplan. For running Allplan, you get a Product Key by email. Using this key, you can activate your license online.
This new license is not downward compatible. Consequently, you cannot use it for earlier Allplan versions.
For licensing earlier versions, you require the Client ID and CD Key. You can find this information in the delivery note or invoice. Instead of a temporary license, use the appropriate trial license to install Allplan 2015 or an earlier version. Then generate a registration request to license and activate the modules you purchased.
If you use a license server for which you purchased an additional license, please read the separate document or contact email@example.com. We will show you how to add the new license to the license server.
If you want to install Allplan 2015 or an earlier version, use a trial license to install the version you need.
Make sure the Allplan version you install is always up-to-date. In other words, it should include the latest hotfixes and service releases.
You can download the current Allplan version from Allplan Connect or the FTP server.
1. Install Allplan with a trial license
Install Allplan. In the 'Select License Information' dialog box, choose 'Trial license for temporary use' and select the license for 'Architecture' or 'Engineering'.
Important: If you work with Workgroup Manager, select 'Different trial license' -> 'Next'. Open the Workgroup folder for your country and select the appropriate license. Then follow the instructions and install Allplan. Make sure you enter the paths correctly.
2. Request a license registered for your computer
The trial license is valid for 30 days. It is not personalized.
Consequently, you have to enter your personal data manually when generating the registration request.
You can find the required Client ID and CD Key in the delivery note or invoice.
To generate a registration request, do the following:
Open the License Manager (Service application -> Utilities- > License -> License Manager).
Select the license entry for your seat and click 'Request license'. Please follow the instructions displayed on screen.
Note: Editing customer details requires administrator privileges. The system will issue an appropriate message. Close NemSLock License Manager and start the Services application again. To do this, click the Services desktop icon with the right mouse button and select 'Run as administrator' on the shortcut menu.
Enter the necessary details:
The Client IDhas eight zeros (00000000) and the CD Keyhas eight capital F's (FFFFFFFF).
For the Client ID, enter your customer number. You can find your customer number in the letteror delivery notethat came with Allplan.
For the CD Key, enter your CD Key, which you can also find in the letter or delivery note. Make sure you use small letters and capital letters accordingly.
Note:You can find the Client ID and CD Key at top left in the delivery note. The CD Keyusually consists of the numbers 0 to 9 and the capital letters A to F.
Fill out all the fields. Make sure you enter your email address correctly, because registered licenses and replies to status queries of license will be sent to the address you specify here.
Click Next >
For the seat, change the number 94 to the license you purchased, for example, 02, 03 or 04.
Specify how to send the registration file and click Next >.
Start email program ...
The program creates and saves the register.txt file before it opens your default email program. The program automatically attaches the registration file to the email and enters register (please no spam) @ (please no spam) nemetschek.defor the address.
Save the registration file ...
The program creates and saves the register.txt file before it opens the folder with the registration file in Windows Explorer. Now you can use all the options provided by Windows Explorer: for example, you can attach the file to an email, copy it to a computer with Internet access and so on.
In addition, you can see the data that were written to the registration file.
- Click Finish.
- Click Close to exit NemSLock License Manager.
You will receive a reply by email within a few minutes. This email provides information on the registration process and usually includes the registered license file.
Note: The registered license file is generated by an automated system. Consequently, any additional comments in incoming emails are not read.
3. Installing the license file
Shortly after we received the registration request, we will send you the final license file to the email address you specified in the registration request.
Install this license file as follows:
- Save the license file to any folder on the hard disk.
If the license comes as a zip file, extract it.
- Next, install the license by double-clicking the license file ("customer#_seat.nslock").
Confirm the dialog box.
- As an alternative, you can also use License Manager to install the license file (Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek SoftLock 2006 -> License Manager).
Click "Install - Install license" and then "Browse..." to select the license.
Click "Finish" to complete the installation process.
- Your registered license is displayed in the License Manager. Clear the check box for the trial license (for example, seat 94 or 98). Make sure your registered license is the only license that is selected.
I have some questions about large radii of circles:
How can I display them so that they are completely circular?
How can I transfer them correctly using PDF export?
How can I display them correctly in printouts?
What large radii of circles look like depends on the settings in the ‘Options’.
Select Tools -> Options -> Desktop environment -> Display ->Hardware acceleration -> graphics -> Speed / quality and move the slide bar to the right: ‘Perfect’ setting.
When it comes to PFD files, you can use the settings in the ‘PDF Export’ dialog box to define how large radii of circles look.
Select the Export document of better qualitycheck box in this dialog box.
When it comes to printouts, you can use the settings in the palette to define how large radii of circles look.
Do the following: Create -> Layout Editor -> Print Layouts -> ‘Printer’ tab- More settingsarea
Select the ‘Print at highest quality’ check box.
How can I activate my licenses for Allplan Online products and assign these licenses to other people?
1. Components required
Internet connection and internet browser
2. Purchasing licenses
You can purchase Allplan Online products in two ways.
2.1 Allplan Shop (shop.allplan.com)
Allplan Options, Bimplus Options
a. Specify how many licenses you want to buy and add the Allplan Online product to the cart.
b. Follow the instructions displayed and buy the Allplan Online product.
After you have bought the Allplan Online product, the licenses will be assigned to your Bimplus team. You can manage these licenses using “My Account” - “Subscriptions and Users”.
2.2 Contact the Allplan sales partner in your area.
3. Assigning licenses
You can manage your licenses for the Allplan Online product in the Allplan Shop. Go to the “Subscriptions and User” area. As an alternative, you can also use the Bimplus portal. Here, go to the “Team members” area.
3.1 Sign in to the Allplan Shop or the Bimplus portal.
• Allplan Shop: Select “My Account” - “Subscriptions and Users”.
• Bimplus portal: Select “Team members”.
3.2 Select the Allplan Online product.
3.3 You can now assign one or more Allplan Online product licenses to team members. Select the user in the list and assign the license by selecting the check box. You can remove the license at any time by clearing the check box.
If the list does not include the user to whom you want to assign an Allplan Online product license, click “Invite new Bimplus team member”, enter the email address of the new team member and select a role.
Important: Do not assign the role of team administrator to a new team member unless this is absolutely necessary. A team administrator has more rights than a project administrator. You can define project administrators in the Bimplus project and user management.
You can find the new team member in the list as soon as this new team member has accepted the invitation.
4. Managing users and assigning users to the project
Allplan Online products are cloud-based solutions. Therefore, the Bimplus user management is used for project collaboration.
To define the project members, use the Bimplus project administration. You must invite new project members to the Bimplus project.
If these Bimplus project members also want to use Allplan Online products, you must assign an Allplan Online product license to each project member (see “Assigning licenses”).
ProjectPilot does not open, displaying the following error message:
“Unable to create ProjectPilot control. Is the registry correct?” What can I do?
Start the Services application -> Service -> Windows Explorer -> CAD program folder.
Open the "PRG" folder.
Find the following file: "NemProjectPilot10.exe"
Right-click this file -> select "Run as administrator" on the shortcut menu.
Try to start ProjectPilot from Allplan.
If ProjectPilot does still not start, go to step 2.
Check whether updating the software of the virus scanner solves the problem.
If it doesn't, configure the real-time scanner of the virus scanner so that
it no longer scans the program folder and data folder of Allplan.
Start the Services application: Make a note of the following paths displayed in the Services application window:
General program data
Central file storage folder
Define these folders as exemptions in your virus scanner.
If ProjectPilot does still not start, go to step 3.
This problem is often caused by an "external path" that no longer exists. When you start ProjectPilot,
the program tries to access the "external path", which is stored in the Windows Registry.
If this path no longer exists, you will see the above error message.
To correct this error, do the following:
- Start the Services application -> Service -> Windows Explorer -> My own CAD documents (USR).
- Find the "extern.cfg"file in the user folder and delete this file.
If ProjectPilot does still not start, go to step 4.
Step 4 (Windows 10 or later)
Open the PRG folder of Allplan in Windows Explorer (for example, C:\Programs\Allplan\Allplan 2018\prg).
Start the Services application. The folder you selected for the Allplan program during installation is displayed directly in the Services application window.
Right-click the "NemProjectPilot10.exe" file in the Allplan program folder. A shortcut menu opens. Click “Properties”.
Open the “Compatibility” tab and select the “Disable fullscreen optimizations” option. After having selected this check box, click “Apply” at bottom right.
If several users with different user profiles use Allplan on this computer, click the “Change settings for all users” button first. Then, disable fullscreen optimizations as described above.
If ProjectPilot does still not start, go to step 5.
To find out how, go to
After installation, try to start ProjectPilot.
If ProjectPilot does still not start, go to step 6.
If ProjectPilot does still not start, the most likely cause of this problem is security software such as the virus scanner.
Remove, that is, uninstall the local virus scanner with all its services from the Allplan computer having these problems.
After this, ProjectPilot will start.
To reinstall the security software or virus scanner with its appropriate settings,
contact the support service of the software provider.
What are the reasons why I cannot modify the format properties (pen thickness, color, ...) of elements in a DWG/DXF file I have just imported?
There are four reasons why these elements cannot be modified.
1st -the elements are smart symbols:
- To retain the smart symbols but still be able to modify the elements, select Modify -> Bonus Tools -> Smart Symbols -> Modify Smart Symbol(until V2006: Modify -> Bonus Tools -> Smart Symbols -> Modify Display Parameters) and click the relevant element. Now you can modify it (using Modify Format Properties, for example). For more detailed information on how to modify smart symbols, please contact us.
- If you do not want to retain the smart symbol, you can also resolve it: Modify -> Bonus Tools -> Smart Symbols -> Unlink Smart Symbol, select the smart symbol(s) you want to resolve and click the right mouse button to confirm.
- To resolve the smart symbols during import, select the file to be imported, click the"Options..."button,open the "Advanced Settings" tab (until Allplan 2008 "Advanced Transfer Settings")and select the"Smart symbol"check box in the"Explode elements" area. To confirm the dialog box, click OKand open the file.
2nd - theelements are composite elements:
- To explode a composite element, select Modify -> Advanced Draft -> Explode Composite Element. Select the composite element(s).
- To resolve the composite elements during import, select the file to be imported, click the "Options..." button, open the"Advanced Settings" tab" (until Allplan 2008: "Advanced Transfer Settings") andselect the "Composite elements"check box in the"Explode compounds" area. To confirm the dialog box, click OKand open the file.
3rd - the elements are on frozen layers:
- To modify these elements, you first have to set the corresponding layers to modifiable. Open the layer selection by clickingFormat -> Select, Set Layers.On theSelect Layer/Visibilitytab, set all the layers to modifiable.
4th - the elements have the "from layer" format property:
- To find this out, click an element with the right mouse button and selectFormat Propertieson the shortcut menu: pen thickness, line type or line color is not available for elements with the "from layer" format property.
- To modify the format properties of the layer, select Format -> Select, Set Layers and open the'Format Definition' tab. Check that the''Match from layer based on line style, pen, line, color assigned (fixed setting)"optionis selected in the"Layers' format properties" area. Next, select the layer on which the element resides and change its format properties.
- To remove this property, clickEdit -> Modify Format Properties, select the"Change 'from layer' for pen, line and color" option(pen thickness, line type and line color must not be selected) and select the elements.
- To resolve the "from layer" property during import, select the file to be imported, click the "Options..." button, open the"Advanced Settings" tab" (until Allplan 2008: "Advanced Transfer Settings") andselect the "From layer"check box in the"Explode compounds" area. To confirm the dialog box, click OKand open the file.
If you have any further questions regarding data exchange, this topic is described in detail in the online Help. All you need to do is press the F1 key. Open the Index tab and selectInterfaces.
How can I output a test plot with different data types used in Allplan?
Allplan comes with drawing files containing test data that can be used for this purpose.
If necessary, create a new project and copy the drawing files with the test data to this new project.
Open ProjectPilot: Allplan -> File -> ProjectPilot - Admin.
Set the external path to the '..\New\Testplot' folder, which is a subfolder of the local Allplan program folder.
Click 'External path' with the right mouse button and, on the shortcut menu, choose 'Select external path'.
Select the '..\New\Testplot' folder, which is a subfolder of the local Allplan program folder: c:\Programs\Nemetschek\Allplan\New\Testplot, for example.
The following layouts and drawing files are available:
- Layout 1 - Test Plot Allplan Testbild / Allplan Test Layout
- Layout 2 - Test Plot Muster & Schaffur / Patterns & Hatching
- Layout 3 - Test Plot Allplan Testbild / Allplan Test Layout
- Drawing file 25 - Füllflächen + Stifte / Fills + Pens
- Drawing file 26 - Muster / Patterns (Version 2006 and later)
- Drawing file 27 - Schraffuren / Hatching (Version 2006 and later)
- Drawing file 100 - Allplan Test Drawing File (Version 2008 and later)
Copy these layouts and drawing files to the new project.
Select the relevant drawing files with the right mouse button and choose 'Copy to ...' on the shortcut menu.
Select the new project.
If necessary, create a layout, place the drawing files in this layout, specify an output device and and print the layout.
Make the following settings to ensure that the data is output correctly:
- Select "white" for the background color.
- Turn off "Color stands for pen" in "Show/Hide".
- Turn off "Surface elements in background of each document" on the "Selection" tab of "Plot Layouts".
- Use Windows drivers for printing.
- For HP plotters, select the "Avoid out of memory condition" or "Output as a bitmap" option in the plotter properties.
- For optimum color output with sRGB values, apply the settings described in the FAQ entitled Color adjustment - Windows drivers and Nemetschek vector drivers.
Colors in printouts can vary depending on several factors such as
- Output device used
- Paper used
- Ink used
- Driver type used (Windows or Nemetschek drivers)
In particular, colors can differ regarding
- Color display
Colors in printouts can even vary if you use the same output device but different Windows drivers.
On-screen display can be influenced by various factors such as different settings for contrast and color temperature.
As the possible settings are so widespread, you can see that it is essential to print out test data in advance.
How can I export and import projects using Allplan Building Costs?
The following FAQ describes this topic only briefly.
For detailed information, please refer to the help by clicking Help -> Contents and Index:
Backing up data and archiving projects -> Backing up and archiving projects using archive administration -> Backing up projects
If you have received data from us or if you send data to us, please read the 'Important information' section at the end of this FAQ!
- SelectProject data -->Archive...; the Archive Administration dialog box opens.
- Click Pathand set the archive folder.
- Please make sure that Formatis set to Archive (version 4.0 and later).You can find this setting at bottom right.
- Select the project you want to archive in the list box on the left.
- ClickArchive projectto start backing up the data.
- The project appears in the list box on the right.
- As a result, the program has created an XXX.arafile.
- StartAllplan Building Costs.
- SelectProject data -->Archive...
- Click Pathand set the archive folder.
- The project appears in the list box on the right; select it and click Restore archive.
- If the program asks whether you want to create a copy, you are advised to do this to protect existing data.
- The project appears in the list box on the left; you can now edit it.
You can use this type of archiving to back up project data. Please note that this backup does not contain the complete database!
This type of archiving is very useful if you want to transfer data to technical support.
If you send a project, please do not forget to provide us with a detailed description of the problem.
This description should include the following information:
- Program and version
- When does the error occur? Or what did you do when the error occurred?
- What does the error message say? A screenshot would be very helpful.
(Pressing the Printkey copies the current contents of the screen to the Clipboard. Using CTRL+V, you can paste this screenshot into a Word document, save this file and send it to us.)
- Office name or customer number and telephone number so that we can contact you.
We kindly ask you not to make any changes in the project in the meantime.
A note on fixed projects:
Please do not copy any data from a corrupt project to a fixed project as this may transfer the corrupt data to your current project!