Can I "automate" the installation of Allplan?
You can install Allplan 2017 in silent mode. This installation mode is fully automatic; you do not need to enter anything. Silent installation is particularly useful if you want to install Allplan 2017 with the same settings on a large number of workstations on a network.
Requirements for installing in silent mode:
Pay attention to the different licensing types!
Licensing for stand-alone workstations:
Make sure you have not yet activated a license on the computer where you want to record silent installation. Use the Viewer option for recording.
After having installed all computers in silent mode, you must use the Product Key to activate the license locally on each computer.
To activate the license after installation:
- Open the 'License settings' dialog box: Services application -> Utilities -> License settings
- Click License activationon the left.
- Enter your Product Key.
- Click Activate license.
Using a license server:
- The clients take the licenses from a license server.
- The license server is installed.
- The license of the license server is activated.
For more information on the license server, go to https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618084450.html
Use the Use active licenseoption for recording.
Setup writes the license settings to the %AppData%\Nemetschek\Lic3.ini file.You must distribute this file to all computers.
Some more tips:
- Before you start installing, unzip the Allplan installation package (for example, using the 7_Zip program). Make sure this package is in a folder that can be accessed by all clients you want to install.
- Start the command prompt for running the setup program always as a local administrator. To do this, open the shortcut menu and select "Run as administrator". Make sure you always start the command prompt from the correct folder.
- Setup will automatically install any Microsoft components required by Allplan such as Microsoft .NET-Framework or Microsoft Report Viewer without prompting you to confirm.
Preparing to install in silent mode
To record and run silent installation, you need the installation files of Allplan 2017.
Installing in silent mode involves three steps:
Creating the log file for installing in silent mode
Start by installing Allplan 2017 with the /r option on a typical workstation. During installation, Setup automatically writes all entries to a log file named setup.iss. You can then use this file to install the program on the other workstations.
Installing in silent mode
Next, install Allplan 2017 with the /s option on all other workstations. Installation is based on the setup.iss log file you created in the first step.
Checking the installation
Finally, you should check the setup.log file, which was created automatically during setup, to see whether everything was installed correctly.
Note: When installing in silent mode, Setup usually uses the same setup.iss file to install the program on all workstations. However, you can edit some settings of the setup.iss file if you want to adjust paths. You can find more information in the help; see Adjusting the setup.iss filehttp://help.allplan.com/Allplan/2017-0/1031/Allplan/index.htm#331.htm
To install Allplan in silent mode, do the following:
Install .NET 4.6
Silent setup requires you to install .NET 4.6 in advance. The reason for this is that you have to reboot the computer after installation of .NET 4.6. This reboot would interrupt silent installation.
After you have downloaded the installation files, you must unzip these files before you can use them to install in silent mode.
- Unzip the zip file downloaded. This results in an .exe file (for example, Allplan 2017-0-5-cad.exe).
- Then unzip this .exe file using an appropriate program (for example, 7_Zip) and save the resulting file to any folder. You can now use the command prompt to start Setup.exe for recording.
1. Sample installation:
Start by creating a record file. To do this, run setup with the settings you need. You only need to do this once.
Use the command prompt to start this installation with the "/r" option (for record):
To run the setup program, open the command prompt as a local administrator and type the following:
Setup starts and runs as usual.
When you are prompted to choose the license configuration, select the Use vieweroption.
When you are prompted to choose the license configuration, select the Use active licenseoption.
Setup logs the entire installation process, writing everything to the setup.iss file.
If you want, you can change the name and folder of this file:
setup.exe /r /f1<folder>:\Setup.iss
setup.exe /r /f1c:\Setup.iss
This saves the file directly to C:\.
There must not be any blanks between "f1" and the folder!
Copy the setup.iss file to a folder that can be accessed by all clients you want to install. It is a good idea to copy this file to the folder with the Allplan installation files.
Copy the %AppData%\Nemetschek\Lic3.inifile to the %AppData%\Nemetschek folder of every client.
If you install Allplan on a client for the first time, you must create the Nemetschek folder in %AppData% first (for example, C:\Users\Username\Appdata\Roaming\Nemetschek).
2. Silent installation:
Make sure you can access the setup.iss file.
Make sure the Lic3.ini file is in the %AppData%\Nemetschek\ folder.
Setup logs the entire installation process again, writing everything to the setup.log file. You can find this file in the same folder as the setup.iss file. With the /f2 option, you can specify a different folder and file name for the setup.log file.
To start installing Allplan in silent mode on a client, open command prompt as a local administrator and type the following:
setup.exe /s /f1<folder>:\Setup.iss /f2<folder>:\Setup.log
setup.exe /s /f1c:\Setup.iss /f2c:\Setup.log
This saves the file directly to C:\.
Check the setup.log file to see whether everything has been installed correctly. The [ResponseResult] section should return the 'ResultCode=0' value.
If you have several licenses or license servers, select the required license for each client using the Services application - Utilities - License settings.
Refer to the online help for detailed information on installing in silent mode.
To open the help system, press the F1 key during setup. Go to the "Contents" tab, select "Installing" and then "Installing in silent mode".
You can also find information in the help for the license settings:
Services application -> Utilities -> License settings
To open the help system, press the F1 key. Go to the "Contents" tab, select "Licensing Allplan using a license server" and then "Installing in silent mode".
Please note that we cannot provide support for this installation method.
Although the server is not connected with the Internet, I would like to activate the license with the Product Key for the license server. What can I do?
The easiest way to activate and return Allplan licenses is to do this online. In other words, the server has Internet access. However, you can also activate your license on a computer without Internet access (offline licensing).
Requirements for activating a license offline:
- You have a valid Product Key.
- The license server is installed on the server. At least license server 2016-1-5 is installed.
You can find detailed information on the version (Build-ID) at bottom on the left in the License Settings program.
- You have another computer with Internet access.
Important: Activating a license offline involves two steps. In addition, you need to upload a receipt file so that you can return the license offline later.
There are the following basic steps:
- Creating and uploading the license request file
- Downloading and importing the license update file
- Creating and uploading the receipt file
If you have several license server licenses, you need to do this for each license.
The online computer uses the following web page:
As both the license file and the receipt file are saved with the name of the container number by default, it may happen that you mix up these two files. Thus, we strongly recommend that you use meaningful names for the files. For example, include the word “license” in the name of the license file and “receipt” in the name of the receipt file.
This is particularly important if you want to activate several licenses offline.
Activating licenses offline
To activate licenses, use CodeMeter Control Center.
Start CodeMeter Control Center.
To do this, use the Windows start menu and select CodeMeter -> CodeMeter Control Center. An an alternative, go to the Windows search box and type Codemeter.
Select the empty Allplan CM6container (long number starting with 130; gray symbol).
If the container is not available, save the file attached to the C:\Program Files\Allplan GmbH\License Settings folder. Then open this file using the shortcut menu. This imports the empty container to CodeMeter Control Center.
Select the new, empty Allplan CM6 container and click Activate licenseon the right. Select Create license request. Create a *.WibuCmRaC file for this container.
Take this file to a computer that is online. Go to the following web page:
Enter your Product Keyin the “Ticket” line and click Next. You can now see your license. Click Activate license.
Next, select the Fimcode 6000100area on the right.
You can see your license with all available updates. Make sure everything is selected. Click Offline License Transferat the bottom on the right.
You can now upload the *.WibuCmRaC file (Browse....) by clicking Upload license request now. This creates your license, which you can download by clicking Download license update file now. Install this license on your server.
To do this, open CodeMeter Control Centerand click File -> Importlicense.
The activated license is now visible in the License settingsand can be used for the Allplan clients.
Finally, upload the receipt file.
To do this, open CodeMeter Control Centeragain and select the new Allplan CM6 container (with the number 130-XXXXXXX).
Then click License update -> Next -> Create receipt.
Create the receipt file for this container.
Upload this receipt file using the web page.
Take this file to the computer that is online. Click Nexton the web page.
If you have already closed the web page, use the link given above and enter your Product Key once again. Then select Continue with license transfer.
Select the receipt file and click Upload receipt now.
Click OKto confirm. This completes license activation.
After you have activated the license on the server, proceed as described in “Installing and configuring the license server”. You can find this guide here:
Returning licenses offline
You can return licenses in the same way:
- Creating and uploading the license request file
- Downloading and importing the license update file
- Creating and uploading the receipt file
Why is it not possible to clear the check box for 'Find license server automatically' and why can't I enter an additional server name? These functions are grayed out.
This problem is caused by Windows access rights. Only administrators can change these options.
If this problem occurs during Setup and you cannot select a license, start by installing Allplan as a viewer.
Granting permissions later:
Assign full control to the users.
Local permissions prevent them from accessing the following file: Lic3LM.ini
Check whether the users have full control of the following folder:
Click folder with the right mouse button -> Properties -> Security -> Edit -> select the user - > grant full control
Open the 'License settings' dialog box: Services application -> Utilities -> License settingsYou should now be able to clear the check box and enter additional server names.
During installation I get an error message saying that SetupSchedTaks.exe does not work anymore.
When I try to start Allplan or the Services application, the following message appears:
The program cannot start; api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing.
This problem is caused by missing DLl files, which are required by Allplan. These DLL files usually come with the operating system. You will only see these messages if the operating system is not up-to-date. These messages are not caused by Allplan.
Instead, this problem is caused by the KB2999226 or KB2918614 (Universal CRT) Windows updates, which contain parts of Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. Sometimes you cannot install these updates or they are defective.
If you have not yet installed these updates, install them now. In addition, install all available updates.
If you have already installed these two updates, try to install them again.
If the operating system is configured to automatically install Windows updates, some clients report errors during installation of the KB2918614 or KB29992226 package. These errors are caused by Windows, which blocks installation of files of the Visual Redistributable 2015 package. In this case, you must uninstall or delete the updates. After this, try to install the updates again.
If you cannot install the updates, do the following:
1. Deactivate automatic updates
2. Start -> Control Panel -> Windows Update -> change the settings -> never check for updates
3. Restart the computer
4. Download and install missing updates
5. Activate automatic Windows updates again
If you still cannot install the updates, run Windows diagnostics to check your system for update problems.
You can also install the updates manually. Use the following links:
Try this if you still cannot install the updates:
Regarding this error message, we cannot fix anything on the part of Allplan. These DLL files, which are required by Allplan, are an integral part of the Windows operating system.
This document provides further information on installing Allplan 2017.
Backing up and archiving data:
We strongly recommend that you back up and archive all your data before you upgrade to Allplan 2017.
How to install:
You can find detailed instructions on how to install Allplan 2017 in the following places:
- After you have downloaded Allplan 2017, you can find the install.chm file in the Helpfiles\English folder.
- You can find the install.chm file on the Allplan 2017 DVD in the following folder: <DVD>:\programs\x64\Allplan\Helpfiles\English.
Please read these instructions before you install Allplan 2017.
- System requirements for Allplan 2017
- How to handle licenses when upgrading to Allplan 2017
Allplan 2016 introduced a new protection system. Licensing is now based on CodeMeter by Wibu Systems AG. You can no longer use Softlock, NemSLock server or hardlock with Allplan 2016 and Allplan 2017.
Some notes on installing Allplan 2017
If you want to switch from Allplan 2014/2015/2016 to Allplan 2017, you can choose between three installation options. We recommend using the second option: first-time installation and copy data from Allplan 2014/2015/2016.
1. First-time installation
This option installs Allplan 2017 to a new folder without affecting any other Allplan installation (2016 or earlier). Setup does transfer neither data nor settings to the new installation.
If you want to transfer data later, you have the following options:
You can uninstall Allplan 2017 and then upgrade from Allplan 2014/2015/2016.
You can integrate the data manually (requires administrative knowledge).
2. First-time installation and copy data from Allplan 2014/2015/2016
This option installs Allplan 2017 to a new folder without affecting any other Allplan installation (2016 or earlier). You can configure the program to automatically copy the office standard (\std), projects (\prj) and user data (\usr) from Allplan 2014/2015/2016 to the new installations folder.
This duplicates the data: you can use all projects, defaults and resources both in Allplan 2016 and in Allplan 2014/2015/2016. This way, you can test the new version without losing your 'old' Allplan version.
Bear in mind, though, that you should not mix data from different versions, as merging data later involves considerable time and effort.
2a. Continue with first-time installation and copy data from version
This option is available when you have already installed <Product_Version> and copied the data to a different computer that accesses the same data server. As a result, the data have already been transferred.
3. Upgrade and transfer data from Allplan 2014/2015/2016
This option installs Allplan 2017 to an existing folder, converting Allplan 2014/2015/2016 to Allplan 2017 and transferring all important settings. Afterwards, you can no longer work with Allplan 2014/2015/2016.
This does nor affect earlier Allplan versions (Allplan 2013 or earlier).
Installing on a network:
- If you work in a network environment (one common central file storage folder), you must upgrade all workstations to Allplan 2017. Therefore, make sure you can upgrade all workstations (deadline for Serviceplus agreement: July 1, 2016) beforeyou start installing.
- During the upgrade, Allplan 2014/2015/2016 must not be running on any workstation.
- When installing with Workgroup Manager, make sure all workstations are checked in before you start upgrading.
- Data from earlier Allplan versions must be converted. Allplan 2017 automatically converts the data of a project you open. Click here for instructions on how to convert all projects in a single step:
IBD 2017 is expected to be released with the Allplan 2017-0-1 Hotfix at the end of July 2016.
How can I install additional Allplan workstations on an existing network (with or without Workgroup Manager)?
Before you install the additional workstations, find out the path to the central file storage folder on a computer where Allplan has already been installed. Open the Services application on this computer. The Services application window shows the path to the central file storage folder.
Enter this path when Setup prompts you to specify the central file storage folder.
Select "Minimum" for the Setup type.
- Make sure the version you are installing is the same as the one installed on the other workstations.
- In addition, make sure all workstations are running either with Workgroup Manager or without Workgroup Manager. To find out whether Workgroup Manager is installed or not, open the Services application and check the menus: if you can see the Workgroup Manager menu, Workgroup Manager is installed.
- Installing additional workstations does not affect the data (projects, ...) in the central file storage folder.
- If you add new users to a new Allplan workstation, do not forget to add them to the Workgroup Manager, too.
- Version 2014 and earlier: if one of the computers also serves as the Allplan server, you cannot use the approach described above to find out the path to the central file storage folder.
In this case, you will see the path to a local folder instead of the central file storage folder.
Use a different computer to find out the path to the central file storage folder.
I have received a license for my dongle. How can I install this license?
1. License on hard disk (or network drive)
Copy the license files to any folder, for example, C:\License, and select this folder when you install the license.
a. During setup
While installing Allplan, select the 'License file from any folder' option and choose the folder with the license files.
b. Installing a license later
To install the license, select
Services application -> Utilities -> License -> Install HARDLOCK License
A dialog box appears. Select the folder with the license files.
2. License by email
If you have received the license by email, save the attachment to any folder, for example, C:\License, and proceed as described in step 1.
If the licenses are compressed (*.zip), extract them first using an appropriate program, such as Winzip (www.winzip.de).
3. License on storage medium (CD or USB stick)
You can also copy the license files to a storage medium (USB stick, for example) or write them to a CD and then proceed as described in step 1b.
- If you have received a license for a license server, read the instructions in the documents for the license server. If any questions arise, contact technical support.
- Keep the license in a safe place as you may need it for future installations or if there are problems.
- Make sure you install the license that is appropriate to the dongle you use, as each license matches only a single dongle. time.
- Setup needs to access the license file(s) during the entire installation process. It is therefore not possible to read the license file(s) from a CD and then remove this CD during installation. You are advised to copy the license file(s) to a folder on the hard disk.
You would like to export your Allplan 3D animation model and present it to somebody who does not work with Allplan.
Install a plug-in for Internet Explorer on the computer where you want to view the 3D data. Using this plug-in, you can open VRML files.
Plug-ins of this kind can be found on the Internet. Visit the website of Parallelgraphics, for example.
This plug-in is available for the following browsers:
Internet Explorer 6.0, Netscape Browser 8.0, Mozilla Firefox 1.5, Opera 8.5 or later versions.
Open an animation window in Allplan.
Select File->Export ->Export to Cinema 4D/VRML/3DS/U3Dand save the data under any name in Windows Explorer.
It is advisable to save the file in an empty folder as the textures used in Allplan are copied together with the VRM fileto this folder.
You can then view the VRML file in Internet Explorer. All you need to do is double-click it. The functions provided for navigating and zooming are similar to those you can use in Allplan's animation window.
The Export 3D PDFtool is provided on the animation window's shortcut menu in Allplan 2008 and later versions. You can use Adobe Reader Version 2008 and later to view PDF files created in this manner.
Quality reporter notified us of a crash. In analyzing the data, we found that you can improve the stability of your Allplan installation by installing the current graphics card driver.
You can find the current driver on the homepage of the graphics card manufacturer.
http://www.amd.com/de Support & Driver -> Download driver
http://www.nvidia.de Download driver
Use the driver on the homepage of the manufacturer. Do not use the driver provided by Windows Update.
Notes for notebook users:
It is essential that you install the graphics card drivers provided by the notebook manufacturer! You can find the current drivers on the homepage of the manufacturer.
- If the program still crashes after you have installed the latest graphics card driver, change the graphics mode from OpenGL to GDI+ in Allplan.
Allplan 2012-1 and later:
Start Allplan and select Tools -> Options.
Select Desktop environment -> Display > Hardware acceleration - graphics area: switch off the "Use OpenGL for all viewports" option. Restart Allplan.
From Allplan 2011-1 to Allplan 2012-0-2:
Start the Services application.
Service -> Hotline Tools -> draw -> OK
On = OpenGL mode
Off = GDI+ mode
- You can find information on graphics cards at
I have installed Allplan using the temporary Softlock license ("customer#_seat_psd.nslock") and "Trial" is displayed for its status in the License Manager.
How can I register this license?
You use License Manager to create a registration request and send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In response, you get a final license file. Installing this license removes the lime limit.
Below is a description of the necessary steps.
- Using the temporary license, you can start Allplan as a trial version. You can work with Allplan without any restrictions for 30 days.
After expiration of this period, Allplan starts as a viewer only. However, you can still request and install the final license.
- When running Windows Vista, start Nemetschek License Manager as the administrator:
Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek SoftLock 2006 -> License Manager
Click "License Manager" with the right mouse button and choose "Run as administrator" on the shortcut menu.
How to proceed:
1. Request a license registered for your computer
- On the Windows taskbar, click Start - (All) Programs - Nemetschek - Nemetschek Softlock 2006 - License Manager(or Services application -> Utilities -> License -> License Manager (NemSLock)).
When running Windows Vista, start License Manager as the system administrator: click Start - (All) Programs - Nemetschek - Nemetschek Softlock 2006 - License Manager.
Click License Managerwith the right mouse button. On the shortcut menu, click Run as administrator.
- Select the seat you want to register so that it is highlighted in blue.
Note:You can only register seats you have purchased. If you can see only seats with numbers between 90 and 99 (= trial licenses for temporary use), you first need to install the personal license for temporary use.
- Click License requestat top left.
The License Request Wizardstarts. The Welcome to the license request wizarddialog box provides information on the steps that follow.
- Click Next >.
The Customer detailsdialog box opens.
Note: Editing customer details requires administrator privileges. If you do not have these privileges, you will see a corresponding message. Cancel NemSLock License Manager and start again by selecting the Run as administrator option on the shortcut menu.
- Enter the necessary details:
- If the Client IDhas eight zeros (00000000) and the CD Keyhas eight capital F's (FFFFFFFF), you selected the Trial license for temporary useoption when you installed Allplan.
In this case, install the personal license for temporary use before you create the registration request.
- If Client IDand CD Keydo not match the numbers printed on your delivery note (for example, typing errors, small letters and capital letters mixed up), you can enter Client ID and CD Key manually.
- Fill out all the fields.
Make sure you enter your email address correctly, because registered licenses and replies to status queries of license will be sent to the address you specify here.
Note:Check the entries for Client ID(customer number) and CD Key , making sure these numbers are the same as those printed on the delivery note you received from Allplan. The CD Keyusually consists of the numbers 0 to 9 and the capital letters A to F.
Tip: You can also find these numbers in the personal license file for temporary use (*_psd.nslock). Open the license file in an editor and scroll down to the end of the file. You can then copy the license codes displayed after CUSTOMERand CDKEYto the Clipboard and paste them into the appropriate boxes.
- Click Next >.
- Select the Program, Versionand Seatand click Next >.
Note: If the Client IDis invalid (for example, when you use a trial license) you cannot confirm the dialog box by clicking OK. Instead, you will see a corresponding message.
- Specify how to send the registration file and click Next >.
Start email program ...
The program creates and saves the register.txt file before it opens your default email program. The program automatically attaches the registration file to the email and enters register (please no spam) @ (please no spam) nemetschek.defor the address.
Save the registration file ...
The program creates and saves the register.txt file before it opens the folder with the registration file in Windows Explorer. Now you can use all the options provided by Windows Explorer: for example, you can attach the file to an email, copy it to a computer with Internet access and so on.
In addition, you can see the data that were written to the registration file.
- Click Finish.
- Click Close to exit NemSLock License Manager.
You will receive a reply by email within a few minutes. This email provides information on the registration process and usually includes the registered license file.
Note: The registered license file is generated by an automated system. Consequently, any additional comments in incoming emails are not read. If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Allplan directly.
2. Install the license file
Shortly after you sent the registration request to 'email@example.com' as described in step 1, the final license file will be sent to the email address you specified in the registration request.
Install this license file as follows:
- Save the license file to any folder on the hard disk.
If the license comes as a zip file, extract it.
- Next, install the license file by double-clicking it ("customer#_seat.nslock").
Confirm the dialog box.
- As an alternative, you can also use License Manager to install the license file (Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek SoftLock 2006 -> License Manager).
Click "Install - Install license" at top left in Nemetschek SoftLock License Manager and select the license by clicking "Browse...".
Click "Finish" to complete the installation process.
Do not use the same computer to register several license files for different seats. This would connect the seats. You cannot separate the seats again without the help of technical support.