Updating license server and licenses
How to update the license server and the licenses?
Allplan 2016: Before you do anything, make sure Allplan 2016-1-4 or later is running on all clients.
Allplan 2017 and higher: Check the version of the license server as described below and update the licenses.
1. Updating the license server
Check the version of the license server. You can find detailed information on the version (Build-ID) at bottom left in the License Settings program.
Make sure the version of the license server you use is at least 1.614.x.x. If you cannot see the Build-ID, you work with an older license server.
If this is so, update the license server. Download the software for the license server from Allplan Connect
or from the following link.
The package is in the folder
Start the new License Server Setup on the server or computer you use as the license server. Right-click the *.exe file and select 'Run as administrator' on the shortcut menu.
- Click Install.
- Click Exit.
If you have not yet installed the license server or if you have not switched to Allplan 2016 or higer until now, you can find detailed step-by-step instructions at
2. Updating the licenses
Update the licenses at the license server as follows:
- Start the License Settingsprogram on the server.
- Click License activationon the left. Then click the license you want to update so that this license is highlighted in blue.
- As you can see, the 'Update license' function is now available.
- Click Update license.
- If your license includes configurations for several seats, you must update each license separately.
Note: When updating the license it can be that you will receive a higher version of the license as the version of Allplan you are using. The license is downward comatible and can be used until Allplan 2016.