Support Forum

[Question] Allplan 2023 Bugs!

Tags:

We bought Allplan2023 and planned to use in approx. 3 months as we plan to start a project for 3 B+6 buildings, where there will be a lot of reinforcement. We intended to use Allplan2023, but if the following shortcomings of the system are not fixed, we will not be able to use it and will have to do it in the Allplan2017 version:
1) Dimensions and elevations of associative sections are present at the same time (now only one of them can be present)
2) Automatic correction of the location as - this should be excluded, because in complex constructions it cannot be the same everywhere - it is simply not possible
3) Automatic reinforcement, where Allplan does not remember the last choice, it is not even possible to save the selected reinforcement and it has to be entered anew every time - impossible for complex objects; without automatic reinforcement (edges of panels, beams, etc.) reinforcement of complex objects is not possible without an enormous loss of time
4) Saving attributes is not remembered

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z5_ACMsGZriwJ1_wZjN5rYNVKiT2IYFz/view?usp=sharing

Hello,
I´m in exchange with the developers and have now the following hints:

To 1: Both kinds of dimensioning isn`t possible yet and the development known this expectation. But now we cannot give a promise, in which version / when we can deliver this possibility.

To 3: The development is in analyse for this behaviour and unfortunately we cannot give a date to solve it.

To 4: If you mean the attributes of the PythonPart-element as automated reinf., you have actually the possibility to save it as “3d model” directly or later, you can use the function “unlink smart symbol”. Then you could modify the elements individually without a loss of information. The development known about it.

Question to Topic 2 : You mean the axis and their behaviour in sections?

Best wishes

Michael

Michael Theuer
Customer Success Manager
Allplan GmbH

Hi Michael,

we bought Allplan for serious projects, not to play with it and I am really dissapointed, that because of such bugs we will need to use Allplan 2017 instead of new 2023 version of the software. I see that development team can play, but we engineers have serious projects and cannot play and lose time with bugs. I expect that you solve this ASAP as it is not responsible behavior to sell something which cannot be used efficiently for big projects. Imagine that I have 30m walls and a lot of them in many stores,m where I need to use automatic dimensioning and this is not working, it is a nightmare. So we will be really need to put aside Allplan 2023 as it does not fulfill our expectations as follows:

1) Both type of dimensioning of associated views is a must, besides location of dimensions cannot be the same and automatically updated for all sections in the drawing, as this is simply not possible for all the sections. Anyone who did at least a few plans knows this; my impression is that development team has no real connection to structural engineering praxis, they are living in their dream world!!! This comment refers also for point 2)
3) Automatic reinforcement, where Allplan does not remember the last choice is a must - you cannot do serious project without this as it is enormous waste of time, we cannot afford
4) Remembering the attributes of the Python-part elements as automated reinf. is also a must for a BIM project. You cannot expect that we will enter all from scratch.

As already said, your development team is living in a DREAM WORLD, not having an idea what the world looks like in ENGINEERING PRAXIS. Till these bugs will not be fixed, ALLPLAN is not correct choice to do reinforcement plans for serious projects.

Primoz
P.S. Sorry for my direct words, but we cannot use your software as planned because of so many bugs and my intention her is to encourage you to corrects these bugs ASAP!

Quote by MichaelTheuer
Hello,

I´m in exchange with the developers and have now the following hints:
To 1: Both kinds of dimensioning isn`t possible yet and the development known this expectation. But now we cannot give a promise, in which version / when we can deliver this possibility.
To 3: The development is in analyse for this behaviour and unfortunately we cannot give a date to solve it.
To 4: If you mean the attributes of the PythonPart-element as automated reinf., you have actually the possibility to save it as “3d model” directly or later, you can use the function “unlink smart symbol”. Then you could modify the elements individually without a loss of information. The development known about it.
Question to Topic 2 : You mean the axis and their behaviour in sections?
Best wishes
Michael

Michael,
this is not acceptable, that you are selling the software with so many very important bugs like:
1) Both type of dimensioning of associated views do not work
2) Automatic reinforcement Python-parts, where Allplan does not remember the last choice or even the saved choice

Your statement "The development is in analyse for this behaviour and unfortunately we cannot give a date to solve it" is not acceptable as correct business behaviour - that you said you cannot even promise when this will be done is beyond anything!!!
Think well, you are selling the software and got paid for it and we who are delivering projects need just to accept it or what?
Primoz

https://connect.allplan.com/ uses cookies  -  More information

Accept