Support Forum

[Question] BIMplus user management and ISO 19650 conformity

Dear BIMplus user community, I would like to ask you a few questions. I have to prepare and manage a ISO 19650 conform BIM transition process for a medium sized engineering company. They have and use some Allplan licences including full BIMplus. Nemetschek is advertising BIMplus as a Common Data Environment and I need to setup and bring to life such a CDE.
I never had any BIMplus experience before. Part of BIMplus functionality is intuitive, some other parts are not (at all). I can't seem to find any user manual for BIMplus online. Is there one and where can I find it?
ISO_19650 conformity is of utter importance for us. BIMplus seems to offer a Common Data Environment, but in details there seem to be options missing which would comply with ISO_19650 series, for example user rights management at an "information container" (ISO 19650 term) level. User rights management seems to be very limited in general as I can assign only a team leader, team member and a user, but I can't control individual rights or assign different permissions on a document level. On a document level there are two options only, private and public (and for public I can't find any information what this "public" level really is, public for anybody or just my team?!). Also the needed document status transition seems to be very complicated (shared status only sends a notification via email, there is no additional status attribute to the document itself). Has anybody encountered the ISO_19650 CDE conformity question?
Nemetschek has a lot of Open BIM software gathered under it's wings now. But the overall connectivity of BIMplus to other products is not good at all. Allplan has full support, but there is very limited or non-existent connectivity to most other products. I tried Archicad. Only manual .ifc export from Archicad and drag-and-drop into the BIMplus model space is working. I can't seem to find any .bcf support for other software than Allplan either. How are you communicating with any other software tools? I hope it's not email... The overall image I get about BIMplus is that it is a "closed BIM" Allplan only solution with adittional .ifc support and very limited .bcf communicating skills.
My all in one last question - is anybody using BIMplus extensively with other BIM authoring tools then Allplan - and how? I hope somebody can give me some good advice as we have this solution ready and would like to use it, but the limited functionality is a real problem and if we can't find some working solutions we will need to look elsewhere.

Kind regards!

The only ISO 19650 related content I could find is one 55 seconds long video on Youtube.
No given answers and suggestions speak for themself and kind of confirm my fears that Allplan with BIMplus are mostly used in a closed BIM way.
Anybody?

https://connect.allplan.com/ uses cookies  -  More information

Accept